Recent Topics

Ads

For what it's worth....

Let's talk about... everything else
theFIRMinator

For what it's worth....

Post#1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:42 am

Greetings RoR team and community.

Normally I would never chime in, but after reading through a lot of the threads throughout the forum.....well you get the idea.

I played live for most of its life as a MMO. Before that I was a hardcore DAoC fan. All the issues with Dark Age were expanded upon with Warhammer Online. I think we can all agree it was the best PvP for its time. I had a ton of fun and made some life long friends along the way. It was a total bummer when EA pulled the plug.

I tried to get back into DAoC but the mechanics of that game are just outdated when compared to Warhammer. With that said, I was left with great memories...blah blah blah.... sure you have read this stuff before.... Reminiscing :)

When I heard about this project I was excited to get back on and meet on the battlefield once more. I must say. Return of Reckoning is better the live ever was or hoped to be for that matter. I don't have a lot of time to play these days but when I do I am never disappointed.

As great as it is to be back with my friends and playing WAR once more, I am taken back on how involved the community has gotten with the RoR teams internal issues. There is far to many comments that are just unnecessary. What ever comes of the QnA session (outside of actual game questions) is none of our business. Every team in any industry is always going to have issues and should never be public information, in my opinion. Especially a project such as this.

I am a full time dad and work as a supervisor....from my experience, leadership is one of the hardest jobs out there. My 2 cents... The RoR team is handling this as best as they can, so perhaps we can all just give them a break and let them deal with it on the their own terms. (at the end of the day, RoR is a game - lets not obscure this fact) As a community we owe them that much. I mean, lets face it. We would not be enjoying WAR at all if it was not for the hardwork, dedication and most of all patience this team have put in to it.

Not everyone will agree (which is a shame) but I am happy with Return of Reckoning. I wish the RoR team all the best and that it possible to patch up what ever needs to be patched up amongst you. I know how hard it can be to work on projects with animosity within the team.

I have went on long enough.... Keep up the great work guys. Cya on the battlefield!!!! :)
KILL THEM ALL AND LET THE GODS SORT THEM OUT

Ads
kmark101

Re: For what it's worth....

Post#2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 am

theFIRMinator wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:42 am long post yadda yadda
I fully agree with you, exactly my thoughts as well.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Klesko

Post#3 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:33 am

theFIRMinator wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:42 am I am taken back on how involved the community has gotten with the RoR teams internal issues. There is far to many comments that are just unnecessary.

perhaps we can all just give them a break and let them deal with it on the their own terms.
Your first mistake is thinking that this is an "internal" issue...

The fact that the community at large is subjugated to the tyrannical miser that by all accounts doesn't in anyway adhere to the social contracts set forth by RoR's very own guidelines for treating others respectfully makes this a very public issue.

Why do you think there's so much clamor from the community? If it was all behind closed doors and didn't directly and visibly effect the community, people by and large would be indifferent to whatever strife exist(s/ed) sight unseen.

The second mistake you made here is thinking the team here is at all capable of "dealing with it" on any terms whatsoever. Those with authority to do anything whatsoever with the problem is apathetic at best, and in league at worst. And it's quite disgusting to be perfectly honest. The RoR team has an incredible toothache and instead of addressing the tooth they decide the best recourse is to hack limbs... others' limbs.

adamthelc

Post#4 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 am

Klesko wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:33 am
theFIRMinator wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:42 am I am taken back on how involved the community has gotten with the RoR teams internal issues. There is far to many comments that are just unnecessary.

perhaps we can all just give them a break and let them deal with it on the their own terms.
Your first mistake is thinking that this is an "internal" issue...

The fact that the community at large is subjugated to the tyrannical miser that by all accounts doesn't in anyway adhere to the social contracts set forth by RoR's very own guidelines for treating others respectfully makes this a very public issue.

Why do you think there's so much clamor from the community? If it was all behind closed doors and didn't directly and visibly effect the community, people by and large would be indifferent to whatever strife exist(s/ed) sight unseen.

The second mistake you made here is thinking the team here is at all capable of "dealing with it" on any terms whatsoever. Those with authority to do anything whatsoever with the problem is apathetic at best, and in league at worst. And it's quite disgusting to be perfectly honest. The RoR team has an incredible toothache and instead of addressing the tooth they decide the best recourse is to hack limbs... others' limbs.
The community at large is the problem. I am much more disgusted at the players who think they can say whatever they want and then have a need to be responded to with respect.

Player had direct access to the people driving the game. Now they wont because some people had to be PoS. Then those people and other people decided to get offended and whine incessantly.

The scumbags should be proud you brought about change. It wasnt the exact change you wanted? Great another reason to whine some more.

Haskr

Post#5 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:14 am

Last edited by Haskr on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haskr

Post#6 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 am

The community at large is the problem. I am much more disgusted at the players who think they can say whatever they want and then have a need to be responded to with respect.

This a thousand times!

What I really want to know: was the situation the same in the LIVE forums when Mythic and EA **** up the game, balance and everything?

Same level of whine? How was responded to that?

Or didn't anybody know that those companys gave a **** **** about their game in the end and the player feedback regarding it?

Here you have people who actually care about the game and introduce it again (+changes), and now everybody can take the garbage out on them because they are not **** EA and you know that you can "pressure" them (well nowadays you can also pressure EA it seems, see the Batlefront 2 reddit bitchery, maybe WAR came too early), because they care, even if some of them are behaving like the young Clint Eastwood ?

I don't see that.

E: Also you could have written it in the other long topic about it, no need to open a bazillion topics about it.
I bet if I call my old grandma she has an opinion too.