Recent Topics

Ads

ROR DIARY : RESTRUCTURATION.

Let's talk about... everything else
catholicism198

Re: ROR DIARY : RESTRUCTURATION.

Post#81 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Wam wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:08 pm The restructure is trying to appease and salvage a mess to stop the people with pitch forks who no longer fear threats or being banned for speaking openly and honestly? Is it just a plaster or is it the real change that is needed to salvage project and put it back in the right direction where it should be and everyones time/focus channeled in more creative and productive fashion instead of firefighting?
Seems like it. For the most part people don't care if they're banned for speaking their minds. Several of the posts have included such statement.
It's gotten that bad.
Mystry wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:30 pm If Torq is remaining on staff, then I am glad to hear that he will not be involved in balance anymore. I simply do not trust him with anything involving balance, given his track record of extreme class bias.

It doesn't help that I also tend to play the classes that he hates the most.
No where in Yali's wall-o-text did he say that torq isn't going to be involved in class balance- if anything, now that azarael left, he'll be more involved.
All Yali said was that it's a "hard job," "he was focusing on something else at the time," and that peter/dan will be spearheading balance DISCUSSIONS. Whether or not torq treats it the same way he has been know to treat it in the past is unknown.

I've always wondered why some of my abilities were suddenly hitting for less than they normally did after a patch. Guess now I know.
Nefarian78 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 pm When this inevitably does not have the intended results, what are you going to do? Try to sweep everything under the rug with new gear? A new dungeon? Forts? It's not going to work.
New gear will most definitely be introduced much sooner than they were planning on introducing it.
They have stated multiple times that new gear would come with forts, but I don't think forts will be completed by the time they release tonight's patch or next week's- which is when I believe the new gear sets will come.

OT: I love how some people are starting their post off like this is some sort of AA meeting. :lol:

Ads
Fey

Post#82 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm gone to Apoc server, but I do wish RoR the best. Things like this are almost inevitable, like how many awesome bands ended up with members hating each other?

I'll only suggest that losing Aza is an unwelcome development from the players perspective. I don't have the constitution to actually watch the Q&A so maybe he was out of line. All I know is that he's good for the game, and I don't have any particular love for him or hatred for torque. The bulls can be in separate pens, probably should be. Passion for the project is a pro. Good luck to you in all honesty.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

dur3al

Post#83 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:18 am

Genisaurus wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 pm I don't have a dog in this fight. I have friends in this fight, but I don't have anything to gain from it - I have declined invitations to return to RoR before these events, and I have declined invitations to work for Apoc before these events. I do not actively play either. I hope that, as much as I may feel one way or another, I can keep this as neutral as possible. No ring-kissing, no demands for heads. My goal here is to comment on some things that I feel are lacking, and are not being said. I don't expect anyone's mind will be changed.

The goal of good PR is not to make a company look as good as possible, the goal of good PR is to make sure your customers feel good about the company. I hope the difference between the two is clear; there is nothing an organization can do that is objectively, universally a good thing. There is no action that 100% promotes good PR. Instead, you choose the action that makes the most people feel good about the action. For example, if a company donates $1 million to combating homelessness, there will always be some people upset by this - they will argue that the company is enabling laziness, or supporting drug users, or something else. But most people will feel good about the company because of this, so it is good PR.

Because good PR means making people feel good about you, it means that good PR requires understanding why people feel one way or another. Google for example, needs to know the difference between, "Do people dislike us because we have a monopoly? Do people dislike us because we support social policies in other countries that they dislike?" Fighting against either of these perceptions requires very different strategies. I say this, because there seems to be this stubborn refusal to acknowledge why a large part of the community is upset. You acknowledge that the community is upset, and you acknowledge what the demands of this upset group are, but you seem incapable of saying, "yes, you have a right to be upset."

Let me say that it's good to see this restructuring taking place. I proposed the same thing two years ago. I have to wonder how many problems would have been prevented, in hindsight. But I think it's important to note why my suggestion was denied 2 years ago. A lot of team members did not want to be censored, they liked being able to talk to players without having to worry about PR. But the bigger reason was this: the team felt - at least for the year I was a part of it, and presumably for the 2 years since - that it was okay to have fewer rules on staff members, because nobody had abused that freedom yet.

I'll say that again: the philosophy of the team was that, so long as nobody was abusing their privileges, they didn't need rules. And it wasn't just with regards with replying to players on the forums - the staff felt the same way about giving themselves items, modifying their renown level, etc. As long as it wasn't abused, it was okay. And then it was abused, and there was much drama, and new rules were put into place. Secret shops were removed, GM logs were inspected more closely, commands restricted from certain teams.

Which implies that, now that this restructuring is finally taking place, it comes as a result of abuses of freedoms previously allowed to the team. Why would the team change its ethos and standard operating procedure on a dime otherwise? They never have in the past. As an outsider, it really feels like your hand has been forced by recent events. I do not believe this is something you would have done of your own free will, because you didn't before.

This is why it bothers me that nowhere on returnofreckoning.com has a staff member admitted that any abuses did occur. You are taking a step to fix your PR, but because you don't acknowledge why many people are angry, you are taking this action blindly. It's not a bad action - this should have happened 2 years ago - but I don't think it's going to help as much as you are expecting it to.

So we have a tacit, quiet implication that the team understands that some bad behavior happened, but no public acknowledgement. Okay. Even in Aza's return post offering clemency to the wrongfully banned, the public statement was, "we did wrong things, here's a fix, let's move on." I'm not suggesting that anyone should have been fired for that. What I am saying, is that is not what an effective apology looks like. And if you are going to apologize for anything at all, at least do it effectively. Show some contrition. An effective apology directly addresses the bad behavior, and acknowledges that it was wrong. It looks like this. An "I'm sorry" doesn't hurt either, but the sentiment is secondary to the facts.

EDIT: And let me be clear here: it is my opinion that restructuring does not in any way constitute a "punishment" of anyone, regardless of whether a punishment of some kind is deserved or not. It's not a punishment to institute a rule that should always have been there in the first place. It's not a punishment to make concrete a rule that was only unspoken before.

I am of the opinion that every single person on this team is expendable. I was too, when I was on it. Because at the end of the day, Return of Reckoning isn't a startup making a new product, it's an emulator for a dead MMO. The core of it is that you are restoring someone else's work. There are no files hidden in the client that would not have been found eventually. There are no systems left to be implmented that would not be implemented eventually. Sure, the balance changes and new PvE encounters are legitimately new content, but there are other combinations of balance changes and different PvE encounters that would be equally as fun. Everyone has ideas. Someday it might be a wildly different game, but it could also be any other wildly different game. There is nothing about any one team member's contributions that make them more valuable than any other, and there is nothing about any team member's contributions that make them too valuable to lose. I left, the project is still here. Aza left the first time on good terms, the project went on. Londo left, RoR is still kicking. Things slow down, but everything is inevitable. If Hargrim weren't fixing PvE, someone else would (eventually). Yali arguably makes the biggest sacrifice for the game - he pays his own money when the ad revenue doesn't keep up. Everyone else contributes spare time, he contributes the fruits of his paid time. All the same, he could quit today, and someone would still pay the bills.

Which is a roundabout way of saying that there's nobody on this project too big to fire, if need be. There is nobody on this team whose work is so valuable that it renders them immune to punishment. After all, you fired Aza. So with that in mind, at this point in time, what kind of behavior would get a dev fired? What rules actually exist, that if broken, are actually actionable? I'm not asking "What would it take to fire so-and-so," I'm asking, where is the line in general? Right now it seems to be somewhere between, "Sending players angry messages and raging at your coworkers" and "co-opting a QnA to go on a 90 minute expose of bad staff behavior." In fact, if you boil it down even further, it seems like the only offense a staff member can commit to be fired is to be disliked by other staff members that don't want to work with them anymore. That definition includes every other formerly fired staff member too.

Speaking of the QnA, and speaking of PR, all I will say is that it is really not a good look to be more concerned with the way a message is delivered than the content of that message. If you want a good example, I will unironically offer up the NFL/National Anthem debacle here in the states. Some (American) football players refuse to stand for the national anthem in protest of racist policies in the USA. Some people get more mad about their refusal to stand, and ignore the reason why they're doing it in the first place. Nike runs an ad supporting them, their sales jump up over 30%. You can be mad about the medium, but you cannot ignore the message. I'm not even going to start on the horribly ill-advised (to say the least) news post that was on the front page for days. I'm not sure if it was worse than the Apoc post, but both of those deserve some kind of award for the worst possible responses to a crisis.

There's this certain idea we promote, at least we do here in the US, that it's a strength to not care what anyone thinks about you. This is maybe fine for a lot of people that live quiet lives and don't interact with anyone. It's maybe also good for people who don't want to have friends and cultivate good relationships with people. Personally, I think that attitude is a weakness. Our success in life is entirely dependent on what other people think of us, like it or not. You know, Louis CK has a bit (or had a bit, anyway) which to paraphrase, went, "When someone calls you an asshole, you don't get to say, 'No I'm not!' Of course an asshole isn't going to think they're an asshole, everyone around you knows better than you do." When someone calls you out, you have a responsibility to stop and evaluate their accusation. Sometimes they're unfounded, but you have to reflect.

When 30% of everyone you know thinks you're doing something wrong, that's kind of a big sign. You can try to take refuge in the remaining 70%, but that's giving a lot of people too much credit. It should be clear that most of the players don't support anyone, they just want to play Warhammer Online. And who knows how much of the support is honest anyway? "Respect for the staff" was written into the rules for so long, I don't think you can trust that the support isn't just people trying to avoid getting in trouble. Notice how nobody complains about changes anymore without first taking the time to say, "I love this team and everything you do"? It's bred-in low-grade sycophancy.

Anyway, this is turning into more of a rant than a cautionary warning. I'm not saying all this to take sides, I'm not saying this to throw anyone under the bus. I'm not saying this to get anyone fired. I'm saying all this because I want you to really understand what this looks like to the community. I want you guys to understand why people are upset. I have always cared about the PR of this server, it will live or die by it. And if you do not start taking it more seriously, it will definitely be the latter.

This. I doubt any of this will be answered though - since this is just an attempt to sweep the dirt under the carpet..

As it was mentioned in this post, you tell that Aza broke your trust hence he cannot have a place again. But how about Torque and all the trust he has broken with staff and community alike? Add that incredible moronic answer to the scandal that he posts, which nobody could reply to (scared much), in which he basically admits NOTHING was wrongfully done from his part and he cares nothing about this whole deal. He still challenges intelligence despite all evidence that everyone has now available to them.

It took someone to finally expose all the abuse for you to what? Write an apology and kick the guy who exposed the wrong-doings while keeping the guy who did the wrong? Lol. Do you see how stupid this all seem right? Its like the whole Edward Snowden case if you put things in perspective...

Your answer to the whole situation is completely illogical and biased. You either have double standards or Torque is in-fact untouchable, which also makes the community conclude that staff CAN do anything WITHOUT accountability, unless they do it with the rest of the staff, as Aza did. I'm sorry but I don't think any intelligent person or someone who values his/her time will waste time with this little club of tyrants of yours. I don't think this attempt of excuse really mean anything to anyone with any critical sense since no amount of words, can replace action.

I guess you should put this as the current staff membership group picture:

machopi1 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:12 pm
machopi1 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:10 pm
szejoza wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:08 pm Why isn't that post on the frontpage anyways, torqs letter was up for few days while this being more important is left to rot in the abyss of forums
Because it might hurt Torq's feewings.
Gravord wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:07 pmList of misconducts is pretty long and serious hence why im suprised Yali is letting it go so easy.
Yali's trying to be a gentleman about this, but we're WAY past the time for niceties.
Right? I wasn't surprised with the fact Aza was gone for good, but the fact that after all this Torque, and by extend, Wargrim is still part of the team is just beyond belief. It actually makes me wonder if they don't have all the data under threat or something like this for they still remain within the project and not have even the decency to step down on their own - anyway, nothing for me to worry about anymore since I'm gone from here.

Good bye and have fun, I guess i'll finally have to actually start playing Apoc and its rip RoR to me.
Last edited by dur3al on Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

anarchypark

Post#84 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:35 am

Genisaurus wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 pm
Spoiler:
I don't have a dog in this fight. I have friends in this fight, but I don't have anything to gain from it - I have declined invitations to return to RoR before these events, and I have declined invitations to work for Apoc before these events. I do not actively play either. I hope that, as much as I may feel one way or another, I can keep this as neutral as possible. No ring-kissing, no demands for heads. My goal here is to comment on some things that I feel are lacking, and are not being said. I don't expect anyone's mind will be changed.

The goal of good PR is not to make a company look as good as possible, the goal of good PR is to make sure your customers feel good about the company. I hope the difference between the two is clear; there is nothing an organization can do that is objectively, universally a good thing. There is no action that 100% promotes good PR. Instead, you choose the action that makes the most people feel good about the action. For example, if a company donates $1 million to combating homelessness, there will always be some people upset by this - they will argue that the company is enabling laziness, or supporting drug users, or something else. But most people will feel good about the company because of this, so it is good PR.

Because good PR means making people feel good about you, it means that good PR requires understanding why people feel one way or another. Google for example, needs to know the difference between, "Do people dislike us because we have a monopoly? Do people dislike us because we support social policies in other countries that they dislike?" Fighting against either of these perceptions requires very different strategies. I say this, because there seems to be this stubborn refusal to acknowledge why a large part of the community is upset. You acknowledge that the community is upset, and you acknowledge what the demands of this upset group are, but you seem incapable of saying, "yes, you have a right to be upset."

Let me say that it's good to see this restructuring taking place. I proposed the same thing two years ago. I have to wonder how many problems would have been prevented, in hindsight. But I think it's important to note why my suggestion was denied 2 years ago. A lot of team members did not want to be censored, they liked being able to talk to players without having to worry about PR. But the bigger reason was this: the team felt - at least for the year I was a part of it, and presumably for the 2 years since - that it was okay to have fewer rules on staff members, because nobody had abused that freedom yet.

I'll say that again: the philosophy of the team was that, so long as nobody was abusing their privileges, they didn't need rules. And it wasn't just with regards with replying to players on the forums - the staff felt the same way about giving themselves items, modifying their renown level, etc. As long as it wasn't abused, it was okay. And then it was abused, and there was much drama, and new rules were put into place. Secret shops were removed, GM logs were inspected more closely, commands restricted from certain teams.

Which implies that, now that this restructuring is finally taking place, it comes as a result of abuses of freedoms previously allowed to the team. Why would the team change its ethos and standard operating procedure on a dime otherwise? They never have in the past. As an outsider, it really feels like your hand has been forced by recent events. I do not believe this is something you would have done of your own free will, because you didn't before.

This is why it bothers me that nowhere on returnofreckoning.com has a staff member admitted that any abuses did occur. You are taking a step to fix your PR, but because you don't acknowledge why many people are angry, you are taking this action blindly. It's not a bad action - this should have happened 2 years ago - but I don't think it's going to help as much as you are expecting it to.

So we have a tacit, quiet implication that the team understands that some bad behavior happened, but no public acknowledgement. Okay. Even in Aza's return post offering clemency to the wrongfully banned, the public statement was, "we did wrong things, here's a fix, let's move on." I'm not suggesting that anyone should have been fired for that. What I am saying, is that is not what an effective apology looks like. And if you are going to apologize for anything at all, at least do it effectively. Show some contrition. An effective apology directly addresses the bad behavior, and acknowledges that it was wrong. It looks like this. An "I'm sorry" doesn't hurt either, but the sentiment is secondary to the facts.

EDIT: And let me be clear here: it is my opinion that restructuring does not in any way constitute a "punishment" of anyone, regardless of whether a punishment of some kind is deserved or not. It's not a punishment to institute a rule that should always have been there in the first place. It's not a punishment to make concrete a rule that was only unspoken before.

I am of the opinion that every single person on this team is expendable. I was too, when I was on it. Because at the end of the day, Return of Reckoning isn't a startup making a new product, it's an emulator for a dead MMO. The core of it is that you are restoring someone else's work. There are no files hidden in the client that would not have been found eventually. There are no systems left to be implmented that would not be implemented eventually. Sure, the balance changes and new PvE encounters are legitimately new content, but there are other combinations of balance changes and different PvE encounters that would be equally as fun. Everyone has ideas. Someday it might be a wildly different game, but it could also be any other wildly different game. There is nothing about any one team member's contributions that make them more valuable than any other, and there is nothing about any team member's contributions that make them too valuable to lose. I left, the project is still here. Aza left the first time on good terms, the project went on. Londo left, RoR is still kicking. Things slow down, but everything is inevitable. If Hargrim weren't fixing PvE, someone else would (eventually). Yali arguably makes the biggest sacrifice for the game - he pays his own money when the ad revenue doesn't keep up. Everyone else contributes spare time, he contributes the fruits of his paid time. All the same, he could quit today, and someone would still pay the bills.

Which is a roundabout way of saying that there's nobody on this project too big to fire, if need be. There is nobody on this team whose work is so valuable that it renders them immune to punishment. After all, you fired Aza. So with that in mind, at this point in time, what kind of behavior would get a dev fired? What rules actually exist, that if broken, are actually actionable? I'm not asking "What would it take to fire so-and-so," I'm asking, where is the line in general? Right now it seems to be somewhere between, "Sending players angry messages and raging at your coworkers" and "co-opting a QnA to go on a 90 minute expose of bad staff behavior." In fact, if you boil it down even further, it seems like the only offense a staff member can commit to be fired is to be disliked by other staff members that don't want to work with them anymore. That definition includes every other formerly fired staff member too.

Speaking of the QnA, and speaking of PR, all I will say is that it is really not a good look to be more concerned with the way a message is delivered than the content of that message. If you want a good example, I will unironically offer up the NFL/National Anthem debacle here in the states. Some (American) football players refuse to stand for the national anthem in protest of racist policies in the USA. Some people get more mad about their refusal to stand, and ignore the reason why they're doing it in the first place. Nike runs an ad supporting them, their sales jump up over 30%. You can be mad about the medium, but you cannot ignore the message. I'm not even going to start on the horribly ill-advised (to say the least) news post that was on the front page for days. I'm not sure if it was worse than the Apoc post, but both of those deserve some kind of award for the worst possible responses to a crisis.

There's this certain idea we promote, at least we do here in the US, that it's a strength to not care what anyone thinks about you. This is maybe fine for a lot of people that live quiet lives and don't interact with anyone. It's maybe also good for people who don't want to have friends and cultivate good relationships with people. Personally, I think that attitude is a weakness. Our success in life is entirely dependent on what other people think of us, like it or not. You know, Louis CK has a bit (or had a bit, anyway) which to paraphrase, went, "When someone calls you an asshole, you don't get to say, 'No I'm not!' Of course an asshole isn't going to think they're an asshole, everyone around you knows better than you do." When someone calls you out, you have a responsibility to stop and evaluate their accusation. Sometimes they're unfounded, but you have to reflect.

When 30% of everyone you know thinks you're doing something wrong, that's kind of a big sign. You can try to take refuge in the remaining 70%, but that's giving a lot of people too much credit. It should be clear that most of the players don't support anyone, they just want to play Warhammer Online. And who knows how much of the support is honest anyway? "Respect for the staff" was written into the rules for so long, I don't think you can trust that the support isn't just people trying to avoid getting in trouble. Notice how nobody complains about changes anymore without first taking the time to say, "I love this team and everything you do"? It's bred-in low-grade sycophancy.

Anyway, this is turning into more of a rant than a cautionary warning. I'm not saying all this to take sides, I'm not saying this to throw anyone under the bus. I'm not saying this to get anyone fired. I'm saying all this because I want you to really understand what this looks like to the community. I want you guys to understand why people are upset. I have always cared about the PR of this server, it will live or die by it. And if you do not start taking it more seriously, it will definitely be the latter.

i think it's populism.
democracy run by majority ignorant.
that's how i felt recent changes.
tested nonetheless, hoping team find the problems.
but if populism is in leader's mind test is useless.

ship needs captain and officers.
mutiny has failed.
analysis is for the historians.

it's nothing new to anyone with 10+ years of MMO experiences.
things happen inside group of ppl.
and everytime it's amended by time.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Haskr

Post#85 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:29 am

Jesus Christ, isn't it enough now?

Everything has been talked about, now get back and play the game, or take a break and play something else, and come back later when youre hot for it again.
Maybe some are playing a bit too much.

This **** endless discussions are tiring at best.

Missing two hours and there are another five hundred pages with endless 'wa wa wa *sniff sniff*' TL;DR bullshit.

Like I said in my own TL;DR post some week ago: If this game dies its because of the community, and in that case its for the better.

Now lets go and happily play the game we all love and missed so much again!

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#86 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:29 am

Seems, i must developp my reasonning resulting my decision.

Many people have complained and nothing has been done. These people must blame me and my lack of reactions.

Some other have been MUCH MORE active. Some here and there applied because my lack of reaction the oldest Justice of the World (not the cleanest) against Torque in a very large scale : the Talion's Law.

Torque's mistake, sanctionned with a thievery. Defamation. Sexual harassment rumor spreading ( fortunately, the supposed victim gave a denial month ago ), and public bashing more recently.(That not the point, but no need to remind you to that some of these actions are in the eye of the law of many countries, considered as "crimes".)

I'm not here to judge these actions, but they must be taken into account. Someone told me to open my Eyes. Fact is they were wide open all the long, and not in a single focused direction.

Torque is a bad team member in your eyes. It is a human first. Haven't denied his behaviour, i don't defend or cover anything. I put in the balance some reactions in return for a very long time too.

There is no offense in my mouth. Fact is, some here have killed the man repeatdly in his flesh for some pixels stories, depriving some of his victims of a "fair trial".

Tallion's Law has been applied. Multiple times. Because of me. Fact is don't see the point to hammer him twice and hang a man some have already killed publicly.

Next time (which will never happen -i hope-), i'll be here to take my responsibilities.

This said, anyone in the team, must cool down to make the difference. I ask you to do the same please. For yourself, for the game.

Just hoping you understand my reasonning.

If you want to discuss about this with me, feel free to PM or on discord, but we all have to move on now.

edit : less frenglish.

altharion1
Banned

Post#87 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 am

Nothing in your post makes any sense. Probably better that you stop posting, as posts like that will only add more fuel to the fire.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Faef

Post#88 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:57 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:29 am I'm very surprised to see at what point people who are disapointed with my decision continu to argument on Torque's sins.

Many people have complained and nothing has been done. These people must blame me and my lack of reactions.

Some other have been MUCH MORE active.

I probably must developp my reasoning. Some here and there applied because my lack of reaction the oldest Justice of the World (not the cleanest) against Torque in a very large scale : the Talion's Law.

Torque's mistake, sanctionned with a thievery. Defamation. Sexual harassment rumor spreading ( fortunately, the supposed victim gave a denial month ago ), and public bashing more recently.(That not the point, but no need to remind you to that some of these actions are in the eye of the law of many countries, considered as "crimes".)

I'm not here to judge these actions, but they must be taken into account. Someone told me to open my Eyes. Fact is they were wide open all the long, and not in a single focused direction.

Torque is a bad team member in your eyes. It is a human first. Haven't denied his behaviour, i don't defend or cover anything. I put in the balance some reactions in return for a very long time too.

There is no offense in my mouth. Fact is, some here have killed the man repeatdly in his flesh for some pixels stories, depriving some of his victims of a "fair trial".

Tallion's Law has been applied. Multiple times. Because of me. Fact is don't see the point to hammer him twice and hang a man some have already killed publicly.

He asked me if he had to quit the project multiple times these last weeks, to make things better. My answer has always been the same : no. Could have been easier to say yes. But I will have betrayed my convictions doing this.

Torque stays in the team. I'm sure you will keep an eye on him more than anyone in the team, and he will have to show you by his work he deserve your forgiveness. Next time (which will never happen -i hope-), i'll be here to take my responsibilities.

This said, anyone in the team, must now change his mind to make the difference. I ask you to do the same please. For yourself, for the game.

If you want to discuss about this with me, feel free to PM or on discord, but we all have to move on now.
Yali, I appreciate your position and I'm going to keep my own thoughts on this to myself, there's been enough said already.

I am just going to, simply, explain what some above have said.

You have removed Aza because of offenses against the team, some people feel that Torq's offenses against the community are on par or worse than these, it is believed, by not removing him, you are displaying double standards, that offenses against the team mean more to you. In their eyes, this is your first opportunity to apply the "new" rules and you have decided not to.

Thats it, nothing else needs to be said.

Geni makes some sensible suggestions.

Ads
rmpl

Post#89 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 am

Had to log in just to say I'm in awe that Torq and Wargrimmnir are still on the team but Aza and Penril aren't. Did you people even read the original Torq's letter? If not, I suggest going to https://www.reddit.com/r/ReturnofReckoning/ , a safe haven from Wargrimnir's censorship.

I'm actually more baffled that players here have fallen so low to still play on RoR despite all what happened. You people are the kind of people who get spat right on their face and pretend it's rain. Have some goddamn dignity.

Yaliskah, you will literally become the king of nothing because of your weak leadership. How many players and developers do you have to lose to finally realise that keeping Torq and his enabler, Wargrimmnir in the team simply isn't worth it?

catholicism198

Post#90 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:34 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:29 am Seems, i must developp my reasonning resulting my decision.

Some other have been MUCH MORE active. Some here and there applied because my lack of reaction the oldest Justice of the World (not the cleanest) against Torque in a very large scale : the Talion's Law.

Next time (which will never happen -i hope-), i'll be here to take my responsibilities.

This said, anyone in the team, must cool down to make the difference. I ask you to do the same please. For yourself, for the game.

edit : less frenglish.
Yali, you seem like a nice guy but that literally says nothing other than " torq's crimes have been made public and the community is outraged, so that's punishment enough"

Is he holding the client hostage?