Recent Topics

Ads

Why are BO ticks so low?

Let's talk about... everything else
umjuway

Why are BO ticks so low?

Post#1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:28 am

I feel like I'm being pigeonholed into doing pve content to progress when I'd rather do pvp/rvr but even so, I can't do SCs because they haven't popped for 3 days the times I've been on, which means I'll never attain the SC rewards. Low rates need a boost.

Ads
Grimgore

Re: Why are BO ticks so low?

Post#2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 am

The point behind this is to actually do RVR. Standing at a bo is not RVR(unless you are in tier1... then just wait till lvl 16).

The hole point of rvr is to fight other players so if they boost the bo tick, even more ppl will afk stand at bo's. And i don't think thats positive!

lefze
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 am

Grimgore wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 am The point behind this is to actually do RVR. Standing at a bo is not RVR(unless you are in tier1... then just wait till lvl 16).

The hole point of rvr is to fight other players so if they boost the bo tick, even more ppl will afk stand at bo's. And i don't think thats positive!
Seeing as he is talking about normal xp, I'm all for implementing a x1000 multiplier on BO ticks for it. Killing players gives miniscule amounts of xp aswell. Leveling though RvR is just unbearable and for some reason that is how it is intended to be.
Rip Phalanx

umjuway

Post#4 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:43 am

lol even rr ticks low but yea i was talking about normal exp, people sit at BOs regardless.

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 am

umjuway wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:28 am I feel like I'm being pigeonholed into doing pve content to progress when I'd rather do pvp/rvr but even so, I can't do SCs because they haven't popped for 3 days the times I've been on, which means I'll never attain the SC rewards. Low rates need a boost.
With which characters did you encounter this problem, please? I have checked your account and did not find any characters on it.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:40 am

If i remember right on Live where no BO ticks, you captured one , the Npc and Champions spawned ( that normally defend a bo) and you got nothing anymore what means you run to the next one and only the first cap with a defend time of fricking 2 minutes gave something.

Foomy44

Post#7 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:45 am

IMO increasing the exp rewards for the RvR quests would be a much better way of rewarding active RvR players than encouraging more BO afkers.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:49 am

Foomy44 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:45 am IMO increasing the exp rewards for the RvR quests would be a much better way of rewarding active RvR players than encouraging more BO afkers.
You can`t take away the Bo ticks, on live was always the problem that nobody defended a Bo, if they deactivate the RR procs on Bo`s nobody will ever again defend a Bo :P

Ads
Foomy44

Post#9 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am

Aerogath wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:49 am
Foomy44 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:45 am IMO increasing the exp rewards for the RvR quests would be a much better way of rewarding active RvR players than encouraging more BO afkers.
You can`t take away the Bo ticks, on live was always the problem that nobody defended a Bo, if they deactivate the RR procs on Bo`s nobody will ever again defend a Bo :P
Good thing I didn't say anything about deactivating the RR procs on BOs. Just don't think afking to 40 is the ideal route for progression in this game (this coming from an altoholic who agrees that leveling is a pain atm). Also OP is complaining about the exp part of the ticks, not the RR part, so again my statement has nothing to do with RR ticks (although if that had been what OP was asking about I would definitely be arguing against bigger RR ticks, the afkers are ridiculous enough as is)
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:56 am

Foomy44 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am
Aerogath wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:49 am
Good thing I didn't say anything about deactivating the RR procs on BOs. Just don't think afking to 40 is the ideal route for progression in this game (this coming from an altoholic who agrees that leveling is a pain atm). Also OP is complaining about the exp part of the ticks, not the RR part, so again my statement has nothing to do with RR ticks (although if that had been what OP was asking about I would definitely be arguing against bigger RR ticks, the afkers are ridiculous enough as is)
I`m against it, games like Daoc or WAR weren`t meant to be played that you are on Max RR in a week. You play, play , play and after some time you get the high RR and the gear as the cherry on the top.