Recent Topics

Ads

Oh boy, oh boy

Let's talk about... everything else
tazdingo

Re: Oh boy, oh boy

Post#41 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:35 pm this will never stop till the staff learn to manage Torque.
there's only two of you left still beating this horse. if you really want it to stop, then stop

Ads
szejoza

Post#42 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 pm

tazdingo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:07 pm there's only two of you left still beating this horse. if you really want it to stop, then stop
Oh no, there is plenty
Spoiler:

tazdingo

Post#43 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:22 pm

szejoza wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 pm
tazdingo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:07 pm there's only two of you left still beating this horse. if you really want it to stop, then stop
Oh no, there is plenty
did i forget the hao alts and fanboys? i like how quick people are to forget just how straight up abusive that guy was to new players just asking for advice, or how they weren't even around for it and are either bandwagoning or basing their protests on gossip

my last "contribution" to this drama i was a fool to continue

Fallenkezef

Post#44 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 pm

tazdingo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:22 pm
Oh no, there is plenty
did i forget the hao alts and fanboys? i like how quick people are to forget just how straight up abusive that guy was to new players just asking for advice, or how they weren't even around for it and are either bandwagoning or basing their protests on gossip
Like to point out I was one of Hao's most vocal critics, coukdn't stand the guy.

Thing is, the staff can (and seem to be) take the usual tactic of letting people blow off steam then ignore the problem.

But it keeps happening and always the same issue about the same person and three staff membees have quit so far.

In my line of work, if three people quit citing the same person I'd have to investigate following a stringent process. Managing people has been my day job for 15 years so I do recognise tge issues here and sympathise with the staff
Alea iacta est

szejoza

Post#45 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Gossip? fanboism? Did you even listen to QnA? Were you even on discord and saw screenshots? You are as ignorant as you can get. You get game to play for free and for that you are ignoring the facts.
Spoiler:

catholicism198

Post#46 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Oh no, there is plenty
Hao is a jerk- there's no denying that- but there were plenty of people- including myself, that countered his bullshit. I'd keep track of his guild all the time and would call out their real location when they were trying to take empty keeps, so they'd get all the loot, and send clueless people to different zones. Among other things.

There are plenty of people that are still upset with the shenanigans that have been taking place and will continue to occur, but they have already moved on and now all that's really left are the casual players that are oblivious to what goes on behind the scenes. The forums used to be filled with dedicated players but now it's casuals that think they've been banned because the server crashed or was being patched.
I fully expect them to release a new gear set within the next few weeks to distract people.

Theseus

Post#47 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 pm
Oh no, there is plenty
Like to point out I was one of Hao's most vocal critics, coukdn't stand the guy.

Thing is, the staff can (and seem to be) take the usual tactic of letting people blow off steam then ignore the problem.

But it keeps happening and always the same issue about the same person and three staff membees have quit so far.

In my line of work, if three people quit citing the same person I'd have to investigate following a stringent process. Managing people has been my day job for 15 years so I do recognise tge issues here and sympathise with the staff
Torque is difficult, that much is true. But even as I banged heads with him on some occasions and even as there are issues, we never will agree, I can respect the guy and I am convinced, that he does his best as he sees it. If, and I admit I don't have enough insight to testyfy for it, his words concerning Azarael were true, that would be somewhat sad and pathetic for those people who did it. And even as Torque is harsh to the point of rudeness, which I pointed out to him on more than one occasion, in my opinion he deserves at least respect for sticking around and putting up with all of this. I would have been gone years ago, if I had to put up with only half of the stuff, people here throw at the stuff. So we really should give him the benefit of the doubt once in a while.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Hargrim
Developer

Post#48 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:55 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:35 pm I fully expect them to release a new gear set within the next few weeks to distract people.

Me too.

Unfortunately it's been in the work from before the drama, but who would focus on unimportant details :).

Ads
Kragg

Post#49 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:55 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:35 pm I fully expect them to release a new gear set within the next few weeks to distract people.

Me too.

Unfortunately it's been in the work from before the drama, but who would focus on unimportant details :).
Does this new set have a name you can share with us? :o
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Hargrim
Developer

Post#50 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Kragg wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:08 pm
Hargrim wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Me too.

Does this new set have a name you can share with us? :o

It's not a name you could encounter in Mythic WAR.