Recent Topics

Ads

Is this game worth it?

Let's talk about... everything else
Orgasmotron

Is this game worth it?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:36 am

Hi. I first played WAR soon after its original release until shortly before its tragic demise. I had just learned of this project 2 days ago and was thrilled to see it still had an active community! Eager to see what promise the future had in store for it, I attended yesterdays Q/A.

Pretty appalled at what the speaker Azarael had brought up about this Torquemadden character. Kudos to him for wearing his feelings out on his sleeves like that, pretty brave. Didn't seem so well received by Wargrimir, seemed kinda weird that he referred to his co-volunteers as "His Moderators".

I've hardly returned to this game but I need to know if any of the problems brought up by Azarael from yesterdays episode are being addressed before I put anymore time into this.

Love WAR, love that people have poured their heart into this project again, Will not support this if it's status quo. Pins shared on yesterdays Discord of chatlogs by this Torqumadden douchebag have discouraged me from carrying on (as a few others too I imagine).

Ads
Rynocerous

Re: Is this game worth it?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:47 am

That depends on whether you want to believe what is said has any impact on the game. The fact that you're already calling people names that you've never even met when you never even interacted with the game based on what someone said makes me wonder if this is a genuine post.

When I came I looked at all the drama postings on the forums and the crying on Reddit. None of it has ever affected me playing the game. None of the so-called atrocities is anything more than people who can't be civil being smashed over the head.

I didn't come here to deal with drama but to have fun. None of what went down in the Q&A interferes with that if you simply don't start drama in opinion.

Do you believe everything other people post without actually bothering to check for yourself or are you trolling?
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

MayoDaen78

Post#3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:58 am

Orgasmotron wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:36 am Hi. I first played WAR soon after its original release until shortly before its tragic demise. I had just learned of this project 2 days ago and was thrilled to see it still had an active community! Eager to see what promise the future had in store for it, I attended yesterdays Q/A.

Pretty appalled at what the speaker Azarael had brought up about this Torquemadden character. Kudos to him for wearing his feelings out on his sleeves like that, pretty brave. Didn't seem so well received by Wargrimir, seemed kinda weird that he referred to his co-volunteers as "His Moderators".

I've hardly returned to this game but I need to know if any of the problems brought up by Azarael from yesterdays episode are being addressed before I put anymore time into this.

Love WAR, love that people have poured their heart into this project again, Will not support this if it's status quo. Pins shared on yesterdays Discord of chatlogs by this Torqumadden douchebag have discouraged me from carrying on (as a few others too I imagine).
imo, It's still worth it, just hope that RoR can move on and the devs can work and get along together again. About what happen on Q & A, I just hope they could sort out their differences and focus on making the best RoR experience for both devs and players
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Orgasmotron

Post#4 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:07 am

Absolutely, if any of the things that have been said hold merit (their is evidence to attest) then yes, I whole heartedly believe that it will impact the game negatively and that it holds no future.

I've read over the ban forums and have seen that the moderator seem to be fairly thin skinned for the job they are doing, I realize they are volunteers, but handing out bans like they're going out of style screams of abuse of power. Seeing as that you think "those that can't be civil" deserve to be clubbed over the head, I assume you see no problem is this.

And are you accusing me of trolling for calling someone a douche?

oaliaen

Post#5 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:08 am

its still worth it unless they revert all aza changes..

Mystry
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:08 am

Short answer: Yes.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 am

It's not for everyone. We're fine with that.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Foxbeep

Post#8 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:14 am

This game is fantastic, despite the sporadic drama.
The developers, forum mods and coding team are all dedicated fans of the game.

Give it a few days to work out the drama.
People are people, let these folks work it out and keep killin' greenskins on your mind.

Ads
Rynocerous

Post#9 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:14 am

Orgasmotron wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:07 am Absolutely, if any of the things that have been said hold merit (their is evidence to attest) then yes, I whole heartedly believe that it will impact the game negatively and that it holds no future.

I've read over the ban forums and have seen that the moderator seem to be fairly thin skinned for the job they are doing, I realize they are volunteers, but handing out bans like they're going out of style screams of abuse of power. Seeing as that you think "those that can't be civil" deserve to be clubbed over the head, I assume you see no problem is this.

And are you accusing me of trolling for calling someone a douche?
I'll call anyone a troll if the very first post they make on a forum asking about is it worth it includes no questions about gameplay, or class balance, or server population, or the focus of class changes, or stability and speed, or if they fixed you never getting the conq piece you need, but instead focuses on the drama in the Q&A.

If there's images of chat where someone said something bad to someone else I don't care. I'm here to play the game. None of it affects that. If you are a person who can follow very simple rules without mouthing off you'll be fine.

The situation here is much like the advise I give my younger cousins: if you get pulled over by the cops, be polite, don't mouth off, don't escalate.
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

kmark101

Post#10 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:23 am

Stop creating a fake account and start a fake topic just to bring up your opinion as an "issue".
Gryyw - Ironbreaker