Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
dur3al

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#131 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:56 am

Rynocerous wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:19 am Has it occurred to none of you WHY the dev team refuses to 'get rid' of Torquemada? Do you think they are all stupid and blind, or that they don't see some people have issues with him? If you haven't gotten rid of him by now then most likely the majority -- or ALL -- of the developers think Torq is more of an asset than Az.

That's exactly the issue. He is just making it clear that its either him or the other. There has to be accountability for other's staff actions too! So far, in his return he's been really the one who suffers and gets the biggest blows from the community all the time, also because he is literally the go-to guy as he made clear in the session. It is not fair. So if the staff really all agree that Torque is a better asset then Aza then so be it - live with your decisions, but you cannot have both ways. Also, I'm pretty sure 90% of this community would, and is indeed, backing Aza up, therefore the staff team must come to the realization of whom they want keep and drive the project forward, the guy who the community wants & trusts, or the other guy whom the staff feel is a better asset. A small example, how could Aza possibly keep working in balance when Torque does stealth changes completely **** up anything that's being done without any accountability? Would you work in this environment?

Rynocerous wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:19 am 2) Most of the questions were about Torq so obviously that's the problem : Horsedroppings. I knew about the Q&A and so did tons of other people. None of us really had anything to ask, just interested in what came out. I'd have expected to leave the questions to people like Tesq, who has the experience and theorycrafting to ask coherent questions instead of my noob crap.

:arrow:
Azalya wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 pm Would love to have it resolved peacefully, but the whole premise of the Q&A was lied about to the leadership, and they essentially setup an uninterrupted list of crimes then demanded Torque be removed.

I'm not sure what's peaceful about that. Really sad.
I was a moderator in that Q and A. Every single question in the text channel for Staff and Communications was about Torq. If we had asked each one of them, Aza would have still gave his speech, just broken up into separate answers. A lot of ppl had Torq related issues. Just saying.

As far as the Q and A goes, it was completed. It didn't stop after Aza left.

Rynocerous wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:19 am The fact that most people asked about Torq only shows that most of the questions were with people with an axe to grind. I'm sorry, but relying on logical fallacies doesn't convince me that this was a good thing either.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, most of the people's issues, currently with the server, ARE Torque ???? Read this thread once or twice and you'll see people who had NO issues with the staff before, but are now literally disgusted with Torque and are also demanding action too. Are you blind or purposefully looking the other way to suit what you want or what you think its best? Have some morals man.

Rynocerous wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:19 am Ultimately, if Az had an issue with the way things were going, or the (purported) actions of a developer in their interactions with the community, they'd have approached the other devs and GMS and what not. If (as is claimed) that was done and didn't result in something happening (which we don't know because I doubt the devs are going to air their dirty laundry for us to see, oh, except Az just decided to) then we are left with one fact:

Either all the devs are completely unconcerned about the issue, or the issue is being driven by a small group of butt-hurt people.

Either way, going on and on about it won't fix the issue.

No.... absolutely... sure. "Going on about it won't fix the issue". What?
So in order to resolve an issue that is essential to keep moving forward what do you do? You ignore? Wtf?

Why do you assume he hasn't tried, ever since he came back, to do things peacefully and within the staff? If his whole point was to create chaos he would've done from the day he returned, when we were all basically given free reign to talk our minds in that thread and everyone looked at him as the savior from the **** storm era that was with Torque.
The easiest strategy would be to come up and say "You guys want me back? Then remove Torque". But he didn't do that... he approached trying to make things as let bygones be bygones, it clearly didn't work out since the abuses continued and big part of the team didn't give a damn. So its time to put forth so that the entire community understand how things properly work among the staff. Now its time for the staff as a whole to make a decision.
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

Ads
catholicism198

Post#132 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:05 am

dur3al wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:56 am
Rynocerous wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:19 am Has it occurred to none of you WHY the dev team refuses to 'get rid' of Torquemada? Do you think they are all stupid and blind, or that they don't see some people have issues with him? If you haven't gotten rid of him by now then most likely the majority -- or ALL -- of the developers think Torq is more of an asset than Az.

That's exactly the issue. He is just making it clear that its either him or the other. There has to be accountability for other's staff actions too! So far, in his return he's been really the one who suffers and gets the biggest blows from the community all the time, also because he is literally the go-to guy as he made clear in the session. It is not fair. So if the staff really all agree that Torque is a better asset then Aza then so be it - live with your decisions, but you cannot have both ways. Also, I'm pretty sure 90% of this community would, and is indeed, backing Aza up, therefore the staff team must come to the realization of whom they want keep and drive the project forward, the guy who the community wants & trusts, or the other guy whom the staff feel is a better asset. A small example, how could Aza possibly keep working in balance when Torque does stealth changes completely **** up anything that's being done without any accountability? Would you work in this environment?
Natherul has pretty much said that he won't work with Aza because of the way he went about doing what he did and wargrimnir has always been, and will always be, #teamtorque
It's a shame this project has lost so many great devs because of one person.
Who knows, ror might've even had city sieges by now.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#133 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:06 am

dur3al wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:56 am Now its time for the staff as a whole to make a decision.
And after, will everyone be able to move on and focus on the game ? (let me guess : it depends on the decision :p ).

Onemantankwall

Post#134 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:13 am

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:06 am
dur3al wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:56 am Now its time for the staff as a whole to make a decision.
And after, will everyone be able to move on and focus on the game ? (let me guess : it depends on the decision :p ).
The Golden comment of the thread! Got Em!
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

catholicism198

Post#135 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:14 am

Pretty much... It's hard to play a game when you're living in constant fear of being #deleted, and when your concerns for the direction of the game are pretty much **** on.
Things really lightened up when aza returned, who knows what'll happen now.
Some of us already knew some of what was said, and it's shocking that it is allowed to continue. I understand that you want to remain neutral, but at one point you do have to step in if the game you love to play is being driven into the ground.

ragafury

Post#136 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:21 am

nebelwerfer wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:26 am Why do people blame all on torque for the population leak, u don't think TuP takinga break, Phalanx going order then dying has something to do with it ?? TuP guys quit due to no competition in terms of RvR bombing, making the game boring for them - not because Torque
There is a variety of reasons why TUP doesn't run anymore.
Non is related directly to the abscence of Phalanx or any other guilds.

Even if Phalanx would magically re-appear on the server, I'm pretty sure for a majority of the leaders of TUP the RoR issue is, sadly, done. At least for an unknown timeframe.
Last edited by ragafury on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

dur3al

Post#137 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:22 am

I see that you want people to focus on the good and all Yaliskah, I don't envy your position and I believe that you want just everyone to enjoy the game and have fun. But as I mentioned way earlier in Aza's come-back thread in my very first post.. some lines were crossed. In my view, the less damaging way is to take action when present with this blatant amount of evidence - punishments must be given and put in a system where this don't repeat itself by someone else. This way people understand that there is accountability for their actions, both staff and players - and establish that there is respect in both lanes of the road.

Also, without this - how can you justify new and cool things in the game for the community to keep us enjoying the game, when the very same enjoyment is being taken away over the (confirmed) notion that we're constantly living in fear of being persecuted by the staff unjustly, if we get onto their bad side for some reason or another?

What Aza said comes as no surprise to any of us who suffered, in some way or another, abuse from the staff. But now its been plainly shown to everybody who still thought this was just cry from the "butt-hurtted people".
Last edited by dur3al on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#138 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:23 am

catholicism198 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:14 am
Pretty much... It's hard to play a game when you're living in constant fear of being #deleted, and when your concerns for the direction of the game are pretty much **** on.
Things really lightened up when aza returned, who knows what'll happen now.
Some of us already knew some of what was said, and it's shocking that it is allowed to continue. I understand that you want to remain neutral, but at one point you do have to step in if the game you love to play is being driven into the ground.
Lighter touch on the sanctions hasn't changed. Don't plan on doing so.

Ideally you should simply avoid breaking ToS and you won't have any problems at all.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#139 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:30 am

dur3al wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:22 am
I see that you want people to focus on the good and all Yaliskah, I don't envy your position and I believe that you want just everyone to enjoy the game and have fun. But as I mentioned way earlier in Aza's come-back thread in my very first post.. some lines were crossed. In my view, the less damaging way is to take action when present with this blatant amount of evidence - punishments must be given and put in a system where this don't repeat itself by someone else. This way people understand that there is accountability for their actions, both staff and players - and establish that there is respect in both lanes of the road.

Also, without this - how can you justify new and cool things in the game for the community to keep us enjoying the game, when the very same enjoyment is being taken away over the (confirmed) notion that we're constantly living in fear of being persecuted by the staff unjustly, if we get onto their bad side for some reason or another?

What Aza said comes as no surprise to any of us who suffered, in some way or another, abuse from the staff. But now its been plainly shown to everybody who still thought this was just cry from the "butt-hurtted people".
Brief review of your several warnings and eventual ban seem legit to me. Well, except the last part, where Penril banned you. He didn't have any notes. I'm guess that's why it was overturned.

However, the previous warnings were from both Nath and Torque. Nath for continuing to piss in balance thread, Torque for accusing staff of being inept at balance due to their lack of experience with classes, which is pretty disrespectful considering we've all been playing this game for a very long time.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Toldavf

Post#140 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:32 am

What in the hell did i miss?
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-