Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#51 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:13 pm

How many players were stood on a BO flags during this, that is the real issue!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Gravord

Post#52 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 pm
Gravord wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 pm

give order a frontline, more effective sightblocks like orcs/chosen/mara are for destro. they made BOs bigger on live
Bo's should be bigger by the lore, they are black orcs while choppas are savage orcs and should be smaller than bo's. From gameplay perspective i understand it but from lore one, it wouldnt fit at all.
from a lore perspective, the biggest and strongest dwarves would be much more likely to be recruited into the ironbreakers, who are basically the hardest of the already super hard dwarves
Yes, but it would made them rather wider than taller. "Big dwarf" is still a stunty. Considering they are already almost a square with their bulky armors it wouldnt help much.
Adding ogres to order side as mercenaries however... :)

Spacecraft

Post#53 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:15 pm

with Aza out can we roll back wl changes pls!

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#54 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:17 pm

I hope that this situation clears up soon, But looking at it, Most likely not.
I do agree, Torque was a bad GM or dev.
Back when the huge server crash that made the server go down for a couple months was a blow to ror, but this..
This is a substantial blow to ROR.

tazdingo

Post#55 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 pm
Gravord wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Bo's should be bigger by the lore, they are black orcs while choppas are savage orcs and should be smaller than bo's. From gameplay perspective i understand it but from lore one, it wouldnt fit at all.
from a lore perspective, the biggest and strongest dwarves would be much more likely to be recruited into the ironbreakers, who are basically the hardest of the already super hard dwarves
Yes, but it would made them rather wider than taller. "Big dwarf" is still a stunty. Considering they are already almost a square with their bulky armors it wouldnt help much.
Adding ogres to order side as mercenaries however... :)
check out some of the dwarf warcamps, there are many larger than normal dwarf NPCs and they look alright

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#56 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:22 pm

Vegetaplays wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:17 pm I hope that this situation clears up soon, But looking at it, Most likely not.
I do agree, Torque was a bad GM or dev.
Back when the huge server crash that made the server go down for a couple months was a blow to ror, but this..
This is a substantial blow to ROR.
It's unfortunate, he's a great coder. But we've been without him for quite a while. If this was his goal coming back onto the team, then all of our hopes have been shattered. There's no way we can trust someone that would plot for months the best way to destroy a current team member.

To say I'm shocked and bewildered this is the path he chose would be an understatement.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Haskr

Post#57 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:24 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:08 pm
Caffeine wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:02 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Because step one is removing the threat. We can negotiate in the future, although I suspect he didn't predict a favorable outcome.
Could you clarify who exactly expelled him from the team in response to what specific threat?
Sure.

The Q&A was discussed by the team beforehand. There was talk of briefly going over what has changed with Torque in the past couple of months and what we expect to see in the future. Spending 90 minutes uninterrupted to list every single instance in the perspective of the victim with no recourse about the sins of the past that were dealt with, and then demanding he be fired before moving on, WHILE holding keys to source code and internal chats, that comes off like a threat to me and the rest of the team.

Aza had all the time in the world to discuss any of this with the leads before the Q&A. He opted to go nuclear option instead.

Diplomacy is peace. That travesty in the Q&A was a declaration of war. Aza and Asuryan vs the rest of the team.
Is it true that Torque is referring to all of us as "shitters" in internal communications?

Spacecraft

Post#58 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:25 pm

You guys just all need to meet up in person at a bar and hash it out in front of a screen is no way to do this type of internal business if its at such a personal level. Eye to eye

Ads
anarchypark

Post#59 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:26 pm

politics for power eh?
I like both aza and torq.
they both work hard for the RoR.
stop the game of throne, shake hands and work together plz.
start with common interest, we all love RoR ( not AoR )

don't mind all the banned ppl or quitters.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

catholicism198

Post#60 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:27 pm

Haskr wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:24 pm Is it true that Torque is referring to all of us as "shitters" in internal communications?
It was all true.