Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Amidala
Former Staff

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#171 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 am

Senlui wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:06 am Firstly, thanks for all the hard work the Team has put into RoR, and for reaching out to the Community with the Q&A session.

Like many people here, I am greatly saddened by what happened last night. Well done by the way for carrying on with the rest of the questions, but yes, everyone seemed too stunned to focus on them properly. I know myself, that I couldn’t get my mind off the topic that so incensed Aza.

The Team must now be facing a difficult time, and it would be a true loss to the project if personalities hampered the advancement of RoR as a whole. We’ve seen some excellent and promising work in the last few weeks, life breathed into the game, and hopes raised. Communication with the players has improved tenfold, and I applaud you all for the work that has been done here.

Whilst some Team members are viewed as grumpy and difficult to approach, I understand that they have a lot of work to do, and that it is quite often a thankless job. I want to make it quite clear that I appreciate you all, even the grumpy ones! RoR is something I love dearly, and you’ve given us a second chance to play in the Warhammer setting. Thank you for that.

Someone among the Team once said something about facts not feelings. I would urge that moving forward, an impartial view is taken, with all facts looked at in detail to move on from this black time. Listen to what Aza had to say, again; whilst emotionally charged, it did not seem to me to be all negative. There was praise given. I do not see this as a declaration of war, but a grievance. And like any grievance in a team, it needs to be assessed and dealt with as such. All sides need to have their say, and a plan and agreement put in place to ensure that people can work together and know what behaviours are, and are not, expected from them.

As for my question about roleplay, I am sorry but Lesti didn’t phrase what the suggestion was about entirely accurately. I have not asked for a roleplay GM. I know this is not going to happen. I have been hoping to run the odd event on Destro or Order sides when we could write a story which we would internally GM (as we do now), but borrow someone to assume the form of a Warhammer character that would feature in that story, to add excitement and immersion for those taking part. My understanding from the reply was that this wouldn’t be an official RoR server event, but if someone with shapeshifting powers wanted to participate, then the Team would not object. Thanks for taking the time to take my question, and for the reply.

I hope that what happened last night does not prevent future Q&A events from taking place. It was very worthwhile and informative.
When you want Senlui, I will be glad to help. All guys of RP community can write down some ideas or texts about events and present them!

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

Ads
Reesh

Post#172 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:57 am

Nidwin wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 am So,
I presume Aza lied to the entire staff and told you folks he was perfecly fine, over past depression and ready to come back. He clearly wasn't. Already his opening post should have rang a bell and I'm not even thinking about the amount of work he suddenly put forward. In his mental state I wouldn't even ask him how much true sleep he had since he came back, or even before as he would go deffensive and blantantly lie about it.

Fingers crossed (matter of speaking) Aza's truly going to take care of himself and stay away, both physically and mentally, from RoR.

If you folks can get in touch with Aza can you please tell him to look for professional help from Big Medical asap and do as he's told by Dr Big Medical. I'm not subject to depression but my sister is and I know very well how devastating that illness can be.

As for the Q&A I have not only no opinion at this point in time but I actually don't realy care. One of us is not well and needs help and that's all that matters to me.
He has not at any point said, that his mental health currently is in bad condition. Cut the crap off.

What he did was emotional and stressful and that took its toll afterwards, especially with addition of private messages with largely negative tone if I call that lightly, that shortly came after he was done talking. We had a quick brief example of that on live chat, of the attitude towards him from other staff members after the monologue.

warislove

Post#173 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:01 am

eh was hoping the Torq drama was somewhat over...
on the other hand why does he never responds to his critics?
only wargrimnir has this i believe non pleasant duty to ocasionaly say something in his defense...

i mean we mere players are probably not worthy of some explanation from him but to say nothing about stuff that you team members said? is he on the next level of idgaf?

Glorian

Post#174 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:02 am

Senlui wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:06 am ...

As for my question about roleplay, I am sorry but Lesti didn’t phrase what the suggestion was about entirely accurately. I have not asked for a roleplay GM. I know this is not going to happen. I have been hoping to run the odd event on Destro or Order sides when we could write a story which we would internally GM (as we do now), but borrow someone to assume the form of a Warhammer character that would feature in that story, to add excitement and immersion for those taking part. My understanding from the reply was that this wouldn’t be an official RoR server event, but if someone with shapeshifting powers wanted to participate, then the Team would not object. Thanks for taking the time to take my question, and for the reply.

I hope that what happened last night does not prevent future Q&A events from taking place. It was very worthwhile and informative.
Sorry if I misunderstood the Question Senthoi. I was also a little bit shocked how things turned out, I even forgot o properly introduce me with a "Dwarfs of Ekrund!" and the Q&A then turned into a not a very fluently back and forth. The questions were drowned in the text, and most of the time misunderstood by the devs, who I could believe were also with their minds absent.

And I really hope we could do such an Q&A again in the future.
Although the sorting of the questions beforehand on several moderators proved difficult. As most of the questions were formulated not really as clear questions. And simply reading them out loud didn't worked really well.

Next time the moderator need to be more like grasping the essence of the question and then asking the dev and trying to catch him in if he concentrates on one part of the question. Or simply because that was yesterday like a UN meeting with all the different accents in the voice chat and some questions and answers simply lost in translation.

Some questions were dronwed completely:
What is next in the pipe, what can we see in 2-3 month, or next year.

Anyway:
IF THE DEVS STILL WANT TO DO AN Q&A #2 I WOULD ORGANIZE IT.

Because I believe and still do that a voice communication is still the key to communicate between Staff and Community. and it is sometimes better for an understanding than a wall of text in an forum. How well written it may be.

Noiree

Post#175 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:08 am

One thing I'd definitely change for the next Q&A - the team in one chan, all listeners in another one so people can see easily who speaks and nobody has to be unmuted.
Or just do the podcast format and stream to youtube without a discord listening channel.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Telperien

Post#176 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:13 am

Only time will tell what lesson have devs learnt from current situation. I dont hide I got simpathy for what Aza represents and what he done to project. I think what happen in next couple of days will decide on the future of RoR. I`m one of Torque victims but i`m willing to forget all mistakes if RoR will remain online and said mistakes (pointed out by Aza yesterday, still would like to see that eveidences he promised at the of speech to prove hes words) will not happen again.
Good luck with your project.
Last edited by Telperien on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Nidwin

Post#177 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:14 am

@Reesh

Yawn. I enjoy the "cut the crap off" so may be you can go play with yourself while at it. Just a suggestion, nothing personal.

He was done talking after 1 hour of a long monologue and instantly quit?
Showing all signs since he was back, you know, what signs I'm talking about?

When something takes it's toll you, me, Natherul, Yalkounette, Lheana take a little break while saying/writing. "Burning out dudes, dudettes so taking a break and catch you'll later."

It's simple.
It's known he struggled with depression before (no shame about it, on the contrary) and this happening and you dare to tell me to "cut the crap off"?
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Acidic

Post#178 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:18 am

Would also suggest a pod cast, less space for drama and easier to stay on topic

Collect questions ,
Make a dev and mod chat over the questions record publish . Think it would simplify and reduce setup effort . Could even be broken up into sections making attendance easier for devs

Ads
Glorian

Post#179 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:19 am

Noiree wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:08 am One thing I'd definitely change for the next Q&A - the team in one chan, all listeners in another one so people can see easily who speaks and nobody has to be unmuted.
Or just do the podcast format and stream to youtube without a discord listening channel.
All had to be in the discord voice channel so that you can actually hear the devs speaking. But you could have done a namechange to AAA<Name> for each dev name so they show up on top and you could find them better. Or turn of the join channel sound.

But that is all stuff that you can't think before you actually do it.

Or like Acidic suggests to make it an podcast with collected questions.
My roleplay podcasts were made with a physical microphone.
For recording it with audacity you need to record it from another person that hears the moderator and the interviewed at the same time.
Last edited by Glorian on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noiree

Post#180 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:20 am

Acidic wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:18 am Would also suggest a pod cast, less space for drama and easier to stay on topic

Collect questions ,
Make a dev and mod chat over the questions record publish . Think it would simplify and reduce setup effort . Could even be broken up into sections making attendance easier for devs
Let's make a dev dance in front of camera like that Paul Barnett dude back then.

"The changes to Witchelf are going to be awesome - she'll get even bigger hair!"
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman