Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#161 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:15 am

New morning, new opinion on the whole "thing". Now, I wish I dont know anything about the "behind the scene war". I am thinking about what gonna happen next with the server.....
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Elftwin95

Post#162 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:22 am

Keep your chins up guys! All will be alright. :)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

nat3s

Post#163 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:16 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:33 am
Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 am
Onemantankwall wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:49 am

THIS X1000000 im neutral to all parties but #1 rule to being a leader is to not show weakness and Aza ranted like a 10 year old depressed emo kid! I love War and i love what EVERYONE brings to the game but I personally need my devs stable and professionly focused. And to other players remember the game and being a developer comes first in no way i expect a gm to kiss my butt and i understand and respect that!!! You should too!!!! The games fine the communities fine sucks about Aza but everyones replaceable, thanks everyone for the FREE yes players remember this is FREE game that you allow me to play and take part in see you on the battlefields WWWAAGGGHHHH! P.S. i REALLY appreciate the QnA continuing even after that mess happened took big orc kahoonas and thats well respected
I listened to that qna and Aza didn't rant and he made it clear their was no other option for him as he'd apparently talked to the individual in question and other staff.

I agree, everyone is replaceble but it seems like an individual is protected at the cost of others and the project itself. We have lost Penril, Aza, numerous players and with a competing server it's becoming a serious issue. There are serious questions raised regarding an individual and the response tends to be shut up or be banned.
Anyone doctor or not can plainly see Aza is off in the head and someone with those issues shouldnt be granted with power over codes and chats, hey you may of personally liked the guy thats fine but nuetrully speaking Aza has absolutily no place in the dev team, whether hes a great guy or not doesnt matter, same as torq, i get that torq comes off as a asshole but least hes not mentally ill as far as we know. I dont need friends for this game to run i need compentent developers and they are doing an excellent job being just that as i get to play my afternoon away on my chosen slapping the archmage army around. Likei said i have no feelings towards any dev but Aza has proven to be off his rocker and am glad he was handled with quickly before something got broke guys leave the developing to the developers they did what they had to do its a tough truth but we are guests on this server, act like it you as players want respect? How about show respect to the ones doing this just to do this! so much dev trashing everywhere while im here solo beating on that one archmage endlessily
"off in the head"
"at least he's not mentally ill"
"off his rocker"

You are anything, but respectful. What a sick way to refer to someone who is working through depression. Your emotional intelligence needs some work buddy! You are the epitome of all that is toxic in this community.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Grobbok

Post#164 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:40 am

can devs create some kind of statement about a situation after this Q&A?

coz, I'm lost, someone say: Aza have right, someone else called Aza 10 year children and some like this. So who is RIGHT. What way is the server (this project) going?
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Noiree

Post#165 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:51 am

Grobbok wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:40 am can devs create some kind of statement about a situation after this Q&A?

coz, I'm lost, someone say: Aza have right, someone else called Aza 10 year children and some like this. So who is RIGHT. What way is the server (this project) going?
Don't expect any statements for at least another day. Devs/team have to sort this out themselves. Some people are enraged right now and that has to cool down a bit to not post stuff that will be regretted afterwards.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Gracely

Post#166 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:03 am

A day later Ive had time to thnk about what I heard last night. I had expected (after seeing all the names) the mods/gms etc to mob up and put on an united front to deal with very real questions that players had. Instead, we got a ringside view of just how split the team is (or was who knows what state they are in now.) If this split isn't adressed properly, who knows how many will silently move to another server. If there is another Q&A, make it about the players with their valid questions. I left at the two hour mark as I was genuinely tired of listening. But I will say this, for the longest time I didn't come to this forum as I found it a waste of time. Aza returned and I did feel it had improved. Sort out your problems wisely and the community will follow.

tazdingo

Post#167 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:10 am

Gracely wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:03 am A day later Ive had time to thnk about what I heard last night. I had expected (after seeing all the names) the mods/gms etc to mob up and put on an united front to deal with very real questions that players had. Instead, we got a ringside view of just how split the team is (or was who knows what state they are in now.) If this split isn't adressed properly, who knows how many will silently move to another server. If there is another Q&A, make it about the players with their valid questions. I left at the two hour mark as I was genuinely tired of listening. But I will say this, for the longest time I didn't come to this forum as I found it a waste of time. Aza returned and I did feel it had improved. Sort out your problems wisely and the community will follow.
he just said they can't get hold of az yet

soliticks

Post#168 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:14 am

What a day huh?

I have mixed feelings about Azarael's outing of Torque. In any team, it's vital that on the visible surface, everyone is in agreement. This collective bond is what gives a team its continuity and stability. If you are the captain of said team, hiding dissent becomes even more vital. For example, a guild leader should not publicly reveal his dislike for any of his guild members. This creates uncertainty and a rise of suppressed animosity within it. The unknown factor is how much effort Azarael put forth within the team to solve this issue quietly and privately. If he earnestly tried to do what's right inside the circle first, then there is nothing to blame. This just means he had no other options left to solve a problem with no answers available. If he did not attempt to resolve this quietly first, this was an overreach.

Regardless of Azarael's misconduct, or heroism, the reaction from the Dev team is disappointing to the community. As you pointed out, I'm sure Azarael knew what the outcome of his actions would be. But this finger-pointing and misdirection really only serves to widen the rift of distrust between the staff and community. Creators of rules are not above them. If they are, what is the point of anybody else following them? I'm sure Azarael did not return and put such an immense amount of effort into game changes and community relations JUST to pick on Torque. I understand how a team can come to prioritize each other over all else over time. I'm sure there are even times when the players of RoR seem like enemies to the staff.

But hedonistic people are not leaders. IF there are members of the team that violate the trust and rules of the community for no other purpose than ego, hate, childishness, and fun, the remaining leaders are the only ones left with the power to restrain their personal feelings, and do the right thing for the sake of the game's continuing health.

See you guys in game.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Ads
Senlui

Post#169 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:06 am

Firstly, thanks for all the hard work the Team has put into RoR, and for reaching out to the Community with the Q&A session.

Like many people here, I am greatly saddened by what happened last night. Well done by the way for carrying on with the rest of the questions, but yes, everyone seemed too stunned to focus on them properly. I know myself, that I couldn’t get my mind off the topic that so incensed Aza.

The Team must now be facing a difficult time, and it would be a true loss to the project if personalities hampered the advancement of RoR as a whole. We’ve seen some excellent and promising work in the last few weeks, life breathed into the game, and hopes raised. Communication with the players has improved tenfold, and I applaud you all for the work that has been done here.

Whilst some Team members are viewed as grumpy and difficult to approach, I understand that they have a lot of work to do, and that it is quite often a thankless job. I want to make it quite clear that I appreciate you all, even the grumpy ones! RoR is something I love dearly, and you’ve given us a second chance to play in the Warhammer setting. Thank you for that.

Someone among the Team once said something about facts not feelings. I would urge that moving forward, an impartial view is taken, with all facts looked at in detail to move on from this black time. Listen to what Aza had to say, again; whilst emotionally charged, it did not seem to me to be all negative. There was praise given. I do not see this as a declaration of war, but a grievance. And like any grievance in a team, it needs to be assessed and dealt with as such. All sides need to have their say, and a plan and agreement put in place to ensure that people can work together and know what behaviours are, and are not, expected from them.

As for my question about roleplay, I am sorry but Lesti didn’t phrase what the suggestion was about entirely accurately. I have not asked for a roleplay GM. I know this is not going to happen. I have been hoping to run the odd event on Destro or Order sides when we could write a story which we would internally GM (as we do now), but borrow someone to assume the form of a Warhammer character that would feature in that story, to add excitement and immersion for those taking part. My understanding from the reply was that this wouldn’t be an official RoR server event, but if someone with shapeshifting powers wanted to participate, then the Team would not object. Thanks for taking the time to take my question, and for the reply.

I hope that what happened last night does not prevent future Q&A events from taking place. It was very worthwhile and informative.

Nidwin

Post#170 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 am

So,
I presume Aza lied to the entire staff and told you folks he was perfecly fine, over past depression and ready to come back. He clearly wasn't. Already his opening post should have rang a bell and I'm not even thinking about the amount of work he suddenly put forward. In his mental state I wouldn't even ask him how much true sleep he had since he came back, or even before as he would go deffensive and blantantly lie about it.

Fingers crossed (matter of speaking) Aza's truly going to take care of himself and stay away, both physically and mentally, from RoR.

If you folks can get in touch with Aza can you please tell him to look for professional help from Big Medical asap and do as he's told by Dr Big Medical. I'm not subject to depression but my sister is and I know very well how devastating that illness can be.

As for the Q&A I have not only no opinion at this point in time but I actually don't realy care. One of us is not well and needs help and that's all that matters to me.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]