Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#221 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:14 pm

lefze wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:55 pm
I hope you are sincere. But then if you were, Torque would be gone from the team, and the issue at hand would be Aza apologizing for stabbing you in the back in the process of removing Torque. And of course, still having the greatest respect anyone could possibly have from a playerbase for doing what was necessary.

Keep Aza or not, the only clear thing here is that Torque does not have any faith with the majority of the playerbase that has any interaction with you guys, no matter how small that portion is compared to the overall number of players.

That being said, only a fool would not keep Aza.
I'm sincere. I never lie, and i hate lies in general. Anyone who knows me can confirm.

Your opinion is probably shared with many ppl, but encompass "the majority" in your opinion is an abuse of language. "Majority" is actally connected and plays and don't pay a single attention on the forum or about dramas, cause they never come here, cause they don't speak a single word in english, cause they just enjoy the game. Which doesn't mean i don't care what you say. Now if "majority" means "elistist" "quality players", it means nothing for me, cause a player is a player and whatever his purpose in the game is, he has the same importance in my eyes.

Now i'm not the team, and i never impose anything to the team. Their teamwork, their decisions. Not yours.

Ads
orillah
Suspended

Post#222 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:16 pm

You can alays count on the community. Our pitchforks and torches are ready! :lol:

P.S. Its 2k18 my faith in humanity is not tht big, but i think mjority of the player base can undestand basic english :geek:

Tesq

Post#223 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:17 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:57 pm The amount of progression that was made in the short while that Aza was here is unbelievable- the fact that he actually listened to people's input made it feel like a whole new ror. I would not be surprised if ror quickly reverts to back how it was where none of you input or concerns are actually heard.
Are you really okay with that?
I don't deny Aza's abilities. None in the team deny it, else none would have WELCOMED him when he is back a month ago. But what happened yesterday has touched all the team, and most of us consider we have been abused with the purpose of this Q&A. And i personally consider even i told him he was free to express his opinion (it was expected), the method used to proceed (mute all the rest of the team) was a complete betrayal of my trust (he said he has lot of respect for me. Maybe we don't have the same definition of respect).

This said, i'm still waiting for some explanations from Azarael himself who vanished right after his 90 mins -prepared- performance.

Telling to everyone you want the best for ror is something. But how to proceed when you disappear and avoid discussion with the team ?

Have read here and there that abuse shouldn't be forgiven. So what ? :)

I support leftze , mute in discord with no chance to reply is not sufficent enough to have any fault on aza side.

1-you can comunicate your reply here and now when you want with much more acces to the community, you also have accesa to 2h of record so you can listen to all the issues as much you want before reply: it is aza and asu that do not had the time and the space because any attempt with the crow in listen would had been shut down here on forum or on official ror discord by who have the privilege aswell.

They are the less strong part in this struggle you/torque both have the knife from the edge in this sich in fact someone didnt show up out of his safe Owner privilege space on their discord because he wanna play safe, plus as it has happened in fact aza privilege were immidiatly removed here on forum.

2-also per what leftze said, if that was real the case once provided a bit of proof torque would had been immidiatly removed then any sy from aza could had follow which anyway for what they have done (he and asu) is still a lot less disturbing than hear all the things we heard in those 2h of q/a.

3-yes this could had been avoided but not from aza/asu side but from yours.

This is your fault not aza/asu, you keep build walls on forum (and at this point even internally between team) then if some one break for aome trasparency then he is a traitor of some sort? Thats a really strange way to read the sich.

Wanna wait aza to show up? put back there those orange name privilege meanwhile im sure he will show.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

lefze
Suspended

Post#224 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:14 pm
lefze wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:55 pm
I hope you are sincere. But then if you were, Torque would be gone from the team, and the issue at hand would be Aza apologizing for stabbing you in the back in the process of removing Torque. And of course, still having the greatest respect anyone could possibly have from a playerbase for doing what was necessary.

Keep Aza or not, the only clear thing here is that Torque does not have any faith with the majority of the playerbase that has any interaction with you guys, no matter how small that portion is compared to the overall number of players.

That being said, only a fool would not keep Aza.
I'm sincere. I never lie, and i hate lies in general. Anyone who knows me can confirm.

Your opinion is probably shared with many ppl, but encompass "the majority" in your opinion is an abuse of language. "Majority" is actally connected and plays and don't pay a single attention on the forum or about dramas, cause they never come here, cause they don't speak a single word in english, cause they just enjoy the game. Which doesn't mean i don't care what you say. Now if "majority" means "elistist" "quality players", it means nothing for me, cause a player is a player and whatever his purpose in the game is, he has the same importance in my eyes.

Now i'm not the team, and i never impose anything to the team. Their teamwork, their decisions. Not yours.
Read the lines, and between them. I knew you were gonna pull out the good old "but most people don't interact with us". It's right there, did you just choose to not read it?

And right now there is 360 players in game. 200 on the forums. Go figure.
Last edited by lefze on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rip Phalanx

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#225 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:21 pm

ups i missed it my bad.

lefze
Suspended

Post#226 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:21 pm ups i missed it my bad.
Just for orders sake, I edited the comment.
Rip Phalanx

Samejima

Post#227 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Meh, speaking for myself, whatever the devs decide to do about the situation is too little too late. If the lead dev has been abusing his power to harass players ingame and bait people into getting banned and bullying other staff and make balance changes to suit his own desires and whatever other shenanigans, and the team had at least some awareness of what was going on but didn't stop it, and even defended him, they're complicit. And who knows what other bad action has been taken that we don't know about...

I was hesitant to try RoR at first. I was skeptical of the private server concept because I'd heard horror stories about the abuses and corruption that takes place on WoW emus and such. When I tried it, I was pleasantly surprised, because RoR seemed legit, even though the rules seemed strict at times and the devs could be disrespectful. But now I see that there's been plenty of abuse/corruption too, and the people with the power to stop it sat on their hands. Pathetic.

It's a shame there's no legitimate WAR alternative. This is, imo, the beginning of the end for WAR emus. Apocalypse is shady as **** and what little pop they have is riddled with douchebags and cheaters and has it's own structural and balance problems--some people will probably leave for Apoc but not enough to give it a healthy pop. And given it's questionable origins, it wouldn't surprise me if the staff there abuse their power as well--it feels like it's almost an inevitability.

RoR will never properly recover with a second server splitting the pop. It will still have more people, more action, but it will limp along with its reduced population--for a long time now people who have inquired about RoR on other parts of the internet have been warned about the disrespectful treatment of players, and now I'm guessing they'll be warned about the corruption and abuse as well.

warislove

Post#228 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:33 pm

who knows man...maybe the 3rd server will be up soon :)

Ads
warislove

Post#229 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Samejima wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:31 pm Meh, speaking for myself, whatever the devs decide to do about the situation is too little too late. If the lead dev has been abusing his power to harass players ingame and bait people into getting banned and bullying other staff and make balance changes to suit his own desires and whatever other shenanigans, and the team had at least some awareness of what was going on but didn't stop it, and even defended him, they're complicit. And who knows what other bad action has been taken that we don't know about...

and yet they still defend him...thats the part i dont understand tbh

Aurandilaz

Post#230 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:41 pm

You had about 200-300 people actually in attendance to the actual Discord channel, maybe another 50-200 at youtube and various other streams/platforms, and now the youtube recording itself is about 1k views within 1 day of release.
To say "majority" are not interested is just not right (especially when you have well over a thousand people checking the QA compared to current 200-300 players online) - many of us have been committed to following and playing this game for years, and hope sincerely that this game will provide good times for many players for many years to come - and the long term survival of this project might just depend on whether you can repair the bridge with Aza, with Aza being one of the few Devs actually willing to bridge the gap between hurt developer and community relations - and actually there to listen and discuss RvR balance and other development ideas (without having to threaten people or ban people for criticizing some of his ideas).

Most of the community and players have little issues with most of the team, but at this point it is fair to say a certain hard-to-define percentage of playerbase is somewhat disgruntled towards one member of the staff - and if the reasons are still not obvious to some people, just go listen to Azas confessions.