Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Darosh
Banned

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#91 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:14 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:44 pm Since the begining of this project my wish is to make this game alive.

And anyone active in this project has my total trust.

ANYONE.
So, you are fine with your name being directly associated with harassment, the cover ups of said harassment, blatant powerplays and, now, what in essence is the abuse of an individual that suffers from mental health issues?

On the latter:
Why in god's name would you let Aza run into this? You dealt with him before, it doesn't take a **** degree in psychology to unterstand that this **** would backfire and that it has the potential to cause actual harm.

Are you serious?

You and Max are the only ones, yet, to be given the benefit of doubt, so if I may:
Your trust is missplaced, as genuine and adorable your naivety may be, do away it before things escalate further.
The people you trust, those that run amok with your property most likely don't appear in any relevant paperwork, do they?
Ask yourself whether they'd behave diffrently if they were associated with this project as closely as you and Max are, and more importantly as to why that'd be the case.

Again, the only private server trope missing is fraud. Even if not for project or community related reasons, clean your house and establish proper rules of engagement and a true system of moderation throughout your project. Trust is good, control is better.

Abbd.:
It reeks of debt and blackmail. It surely isn't loyalty or trust. My 2c.

E: Spelling.
Last edited by Darosh on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
covenn

Post#92 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:16 am

Darks63 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:08 am
covenn wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:05 am At this point, how is Torq even still involved with this? I am not trying to be mean to anyone, for the love of god when everyone says the same thing basically, people leave in droves because of one person (torq), and people leave and go start other servers because of mostly one person (torq) ....you would think the answer to the freaking solution should be obvious.
From what i can gather it seems like there is alot of personal loyalty to Torq among the dev team.
I mean sure, throw support behind a sociopath that is completely incapable of treating anyone with even basic human decency. Seems like a winning solution to me.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Cylwen

Post#93 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:17 am

Dragonkillerx wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:35 pm Aza needs to stay. Get torque out
+1
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

Heladin

Post#94 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:18 am

I usually keep some distance from the drama in general. Also i don`t post a lot.
My biggest fear playing private/free servers or emulators or whatever you want to call them is that i do spend my time investing to my character while the ADMINS/GM`s and their friends just take the top stuff and rule it like DICTATORS!
I had good faith in this server because of people telling me about equality and effort on making balance in a game impossible to get with. NOT ANYMORE. Its obvious that you leaders cannot be trusted, you knew what was going on and tried to hide it and pretend nothing is happening and all are fine. Players were screaming about it in the past and you tried to make em look like fools .
What is most embarrassing is that instead of being brave and admit the damage you still pretend its was just a rant from a developer that had issues with other coworkers.
HEH someone just said in trade channel "WTB devs with balls"
I never bothered about the relations between devs or with players. I am really dumb on this
{what follows is not my opinion... i don`t care}
Tonight from what i see server is in riot with pitchforks and torches demading Torq`s head.
I get the feeling that if they are not satisfied in a proper way next will be Wargrimnir`s.
<if you find this offensive and want to ban me can i get at least a warning so i can wave off my friends?>

Cylwen

Post#95 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:19 am

lefze wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:48 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:44 pm Since the begining of this project my wish is to make this game alive.

ANYONE.
Then for the love of god trust Aza on this.
+1
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

Tesq

Post#96 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 am

ANYONE.
look yali i respect all those that had or put their work in the project even if 99% time i dont like balance stuff, i always applaude even silently the work in bug fix, new stuff, and tweek the rest of the game (some times even directly) but you have to ask yourself; what happen when 2 ppl you both trust have contrast.

on torque this has escalate quite bad you keep say is not the bad person ppl describe him;

-he had harased ppl,
-bait em,
-trated balance proposal into the section telling penril to use those to clean his ass basically putting a facade to screen himself,
-any internal voice was shutted down till aza today speak.

aza/asu bringed things out
penril bringed things out

do you really think these ppl which behaviour towards comunity was exelent even when comunity had something against em would had take that route if there wasn't another way? for how much you have" worked" with these ppl and looked at their behaviour? if i were you idk i would try to exit from yourself for 2 min , look at the whole things externally and also the things aza/max/asu can provide and then judge; removing anything before that of what you consider of torque , just judge on proof you get provided.

for what i can say the fact that aza was removed is alredy a bad measure, feel like you too are succub of torque behaviour/controlled by him indirectly, maybe he treat you well and is all just a facade, even what aza said regarding torque being a good friend of him.....does this not really ring any bell? All ppl wear mask at this words but some wear more mask than other. looking how torque happened to had claim litteraly ALL the authority for himself server side putting himself in a position where only you can remove him (maybe), dosent that ring any bell? the fact that treated well the previously man in lead position just to trash talk him and directly oppress him when he returned to the project dont too?

i was one that voiced to not go on the which hunt because i hopped the whole team would had some salt in their head and something behind the screen would had changed, since this is now proven to no be the case as aza return was met with hostility for what i understood from the record, by torque and he even insulted him i must change my mind and say so that those head demands were well put. The situattion here is not anymore penril loosing his head and go full banana; here the sich is involving core part of the dev team...well alredy the fact that max (CAMON max!!!! one of those here from t1 doing the hardest of the tasks!!!) was involvd in some way if i not get it wrong shoudl ring a big bell-

you dont feel like you should remove torque by your own decision well then force a secret vote of the devs so that only you see the results, not comunity, and see what happen, it is not necessary torque be kicked out of the team he jsut have to step back in hierarcy and autority server side holding.

you should also reflect on the fact that ppl like me present here from day 1 of this server (i really am here from day 1 or 2) had saw a lot of things and for sure our concern pre torque WAS NEVER regarding dev behavioir but only around balance, may sound stupid but never would we had image a thing like this happening to the project based on the small yet good group of dev we had at t1-t2 times. If someone like me dedicated to be here from day 1-2 ; having 2 rr 70+ , almost other 2 rr 60, a lot of rr40 and aswell other char for a total of 22 characters is thinking about move to apocalypse then you have a big problem which is not just me leaving (ah we are loosing tesq; well who cares?) but loosing a whole bunch of dedicated ppl like me, here from if not day 1 week 1 or 2 , is really a big problem and for sure due what we have to loose and how much we care for the game healt this thinking is not going to happen for no reason.....

please reflect on this more objectivly.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#97 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:29 am

Heladin wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:18 am
<if you find this offensive and want to ban me can i get at least a warning so i can wave off my friends?>
We good bro.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fallenkezef

Post#98 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 am

From what I can see, one person has lost us Penril and now Azarael plus a great many players.

I don't think this is situation that can be resolved by banning anyone that dissents anymore.
Alea iacta est

Ads
avalus

Post#99 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:44 pm [...]
And anyone active in this project has my total trust. ANYONE.
[...]
Pardon for not writing a post exclusively in English but I hope that the fact that it's in Yali's mothertongue, might knock some sense into him :

Comme on dit, trop bon, trop con.

Enraptured Doomweaver Image Chaos Sorcerer of 𝕋̳̠ͫ𝕫̫͕̥̞͂̃𝕖̴̡̠̮͙̈̏𝕖̻̭͉ͥ̉̐̀̈́𝕟̘͛͒̀̓͊ͨ𝕥̮̦̦̾̄͟𝕔̖͓̂𝕙̤ | RR83 |

Spoiler:
Retired characters :

Notsure | Carnal
Hiasakite | Heosphoros

liamcherrington

Post#100 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:37 am

Even though I believe what was said was correct and justified Id like to say that a public Q&A that all your players can see is not the correct place to say those things about a developer.

I hope that next time the Q&A will be only a Q&A for everyones sake.

That said id like to say thank you to the developers that answered questions about the game and to say keep up the good work we appreciate you all.
Last edited by liamcherrington on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.