Recent Topics

Ads

@ Devs

Let's talk about... everything else
catholicism198

Re: @ Devs

Post#21 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:14 pm

nah. I've done my fair share of bug reports. was fun while it lasted.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Ive reported bugs but the idea that we are testers is absurd. This is the game. Its not preparing to launch with a load of hype to the masses. This is the playerbase and this will always be the playerbase.

daniilpb

Post#23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Rynocerous wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:11 pm
daniilpb wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:54 am And that part of the player base are quite unreliable and counterproductive because:
1) They don’t report bugs. At worst they just abuse them.
2) They don’t provide feedback.
3) They don’t test things.
4) They don’t actively support changes and progress of the game.
5) They are first to leave the game when they get bored or just time comes/new game appears/etc. They are not REALLY dedicated to the game.
Basically, consumers.
We have a project IN DEVELOPMENT. It’s not a final product that can be comsumed and enjoyed. It still requires a lot of work: from devs and from player base.
So, no one but an elite few has ever reported bugs?
Or submitted a bug to the tracker?
No non-elite member of whatever ePeen club you represent has ever given an idea? Made a suggestion?
No one who hasn't been here from day one has ever submitted feedback?
No one who just wants to play the game without all this drama is going to stick it out?
None of the people who've been here from the beginning has been hard-banned for abusing bugs and then tried to argue it?

And I'm sorry, but wasn't the BIGGEST exodus of players from butt hurt elite guilds?
Man, 10/10 trolling.

Can we just have, you know, one positive thread without epeen? Thanks.
You should relate it to your posts indeed. Dude said about NOT VOCAL part of the community. Those people mostly don’t report bugs, provide feedback etc so basically they can’t be a reliable part - loyal - sure, useful - doubtful.
I have no idea what triggered your butthurted ego over here. Sort it out.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

dolleater

Post#24 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:30 pm

daniilpb wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:18 pm
Rynocerous wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:11 pm
daniilpb wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:54 am And that part of the player base are quite unreliable and counterproductive because:
1) They don’t report bugs. At worst they just abuse them.
2) They don’t provide feedback.
3) They don’t test things.
4) They don’t actively support changes and progress of the game.
5) They are first to leave the game when they get bored or just time comes/new game appears/etc. They are not REALLY dedicated to the game.
Basically, consumers.
We have a project IN DEVELOPMENT. It’s not a final product that can be comsumed and enjoyed. It still requires a lot of work: from devs and from player base.
So, no one but an elite few has ever reported bugs?
Or submitted a bug to the tracker?
No non-elite member of whatever ePeen club you represent has ever given an idea? Made a suggestion?
No one who hasn't been here from day one has ever submitted feedback?
No one who just wants to play the game without all this drama is going to stick it out?
None of the people who've been here from the beginning has been hard-banned for abusing bugs and then tried to argue it?

And I'm sorry, but wasn't the BIGGEST exodus of players from butt hurt elite guilds?
Man, 10/10 trolling.

Can we just have, you know, one positive thread without epeen? Thanks.
You should relate it to your posts indeed. Dude said about NOT VOCAL part of the community. Those people mostly don’t report bugs, provide feedback etc so basically they can’t be a reliable part - loyal - sure, useful - doubtful.
I have no idea what triggered your butthurted ego over here. Sort it out.
Not vocal was in reference to not participating in feedback on the devs work. Obviously, everyone is involved in the project development since everyone is playing on a test/dev server. You dont need to wear your bug reports as a badge of dedication...
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm

This was a nice thread. Let's not sully it up by fighting each other. Enjoy the server.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

berneke91

Post#26 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Yeah, considering that their morale atm seems to be quite low due to the current drama/setbacks I think they should know that atleast this player thinks that the progress they've done with RoR is amazing!

And i hope all of them that contributed and conntinue to contribute to RoR can look back at it with pride knowing they helped made it happen! <3

You may currently be in quite a low point but i am certain you guys can resolve it and keep on kicking butt!
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

Shaeamus

Post#27 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Gotta agree here. Certainly some drama over the past few days but when I step back at the whole picture, I'm very grateful for anyone that's volunteered time for this project. I left DAOC and WH years ago and missed the gaming and the community. I stumbled on a ROR video this spring on youtube and realized WH was alive in a new form. Signed up - found TW, now Salt Factory. Made some awesome friends, then found more friends in DROW. I'm having much fun and was proud the other night to have my son and I tag team healing some of our dps on our lvl 16 and 17 healers in Praag. My son's first experience in Orvr - we had a blast and now he's ready to learn more after just doing pve and scs before. Thanks team- you've made an old gamer happy to be playing again.

Deadpoet

Post#28 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Thank you

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#29 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Thank you devs and game masters, mods and all.

Great work - truly amazing what you accomplished.

It is because of your accomplishments that I have confidence that you folks can weather this storm and continue progress.

Stay open to ideas and feedback and you will build a better stronger player base.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

adamthelc

Post#30 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:48 pm

I think they do a good job. They are human and may act harshly, but from what I have seen it is usually when someone else is being a PoS.

You also need both types of people in the community. It's true some people will just play and not contribute much else, but this is a game that functions better the more people that are playing. So people that play and dont cause problems are never a bad thing.

I appreciate what the staff do, I dont agree with every choice they make. I might even think some of their choices are stupid, but I would never say that directly or personally attack any of them.

I also dont really like applauding people for doing a good job, so posting in this thread is a little uncomfortable for me. I think that people know when they do a good job and dont need any recognition from me. But given what's happened the last couple of days I will break from that and say I think they are ALL doing a good job.