Recent Topics

Ads

Wouldn't it be nice if Chosen were like this...

Let's talk about... everything else
Smellybelly

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if Chosen were like this...

Post#31 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:10 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:07 pm
Smellybelly wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:45 am
scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 am Sounds like you want it all. Thats not how this game works. Every class makes compromises for something else. You started chosen knowing full well what it can and cannot do. You went ahead and picked the skin over the play-style and now you're moaning.
This is an opinion based on ignorance. The class is up for a very large remake in regards to class mechanics and so asking questions like this isnt unwarranted. Actually, let me rephrase that... I think your post was a bit rude and i reacted to that in particular. But you have a point, you cannot have it all. But with the removal of 24/7 active auras, you should get something in return.
I actually held back a lot with my post. Let that be a hint on how you are acting.
We are getting sidetracked but...you dont make much sense. Are you threatening me somehow over the vast "anonymous" internet or are you just using wierd grammar?. Not exactly shaking over here

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#32 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm

I dont think more damage is desireable tbh. Any damage output has to be balanced by the virtue if being a tank abd therefore will never be enough.

In return for aura nerfs I wouldnt want a damage buff, I'd want more utility, more of a toolbox to assist my group and the guy I am guarding.
Alea iacta est

nat3s

Post#33 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:35 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 am Sounds like you want it all. Thats not how this game works. Every class makes compromises for something else. You started chosen knowing full well what it can and cannot do. You went ahead and picked the skin over the play-style and now you're moaning.
Whilst I somewhat agree, I don't think it's fair to see the likes of BG and IB doing so much more damage in 2h spec compared to Chosen/Kotbs. BG in particular is odd as it's also the much tougher tank when in 1h+shield setup.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Rydiak

Post#34 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Is Relentless/Myrmidia's Fury ever a good option for damage?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Hes was like the Chosen in the Video on Live ... good that they nerfed him hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcTWzdlCACU

ashton007

Post#36 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Im with swag
Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm I dont think more damage is desireable tbh. Any damage output has to be balanced by the virtue if being a tank abd therefore will never be enough.

In return for aura nerfs I wouldnt want a damage buff, I'd want more utility, more of a toolbox to assist my group and the guy I am guarding.
Too much utility, too easy to use, was the problem. I think a utility cut definitely warrants a damage increase imo, not to assume that's whats happening because we haven't seen the full changes. From what I can see with the mechanic alone it appears to be a dps nerf due to spamming aura more. Maybe Tesq, u think it doesn't need a dps buff but it damn sure doesn't need a dps nerf as its already pretty bad imo, and that's what this appears to be so far. If we have less time to deal some damage the damage SHOULD be stronger, no?

Tesq

Post#37 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:02 pm

What you mean with we have less time to do dmg? Did any relevant change happened to chosen dmg going from aor to ror?

Exept the aura meccanic rewamp incoming i dont know that there has been a dps cut here, or i mistake?

I only know ToP used a wrong stats contribution assignation and so was fixed.

tazdingo

Post#38 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:18 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:12 am The damage is pathetic when compared to other tanks. Knight is even worse tbh. Crit multiplier(or some sort of smultiplier based on strenght ish) between all classes differ, and chosen/knight have the lowest of them all.
knight has the worst dmg and best group support in the game, this has always been the case. snb kotbs could do literally 0 dmg and it would still be played

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:49 pm

Chosen already have extremely strong auras. No thanks.

You want hulksmash damage? Then give up your auras.

Foomy44

Post#40 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:19 am

Rydiak wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:22 pm Is Relentless/Myrmidia's Fury ever a good option for damage?

my vote is yes on Relentless with Oppressing Blows slotted so it does spiritual damage, but plenty of choosen out there are very much in the no camp, been some pretty long arguments here on it in the past, search for one of those posts if you wanna see some math and more opinions. Also don't forget to take into account that Relentless gets a lot of hits in real fast which means much bigger chance of procing Cripping Strikes or dominator taunt proc.

FTR my 1k toughness 2h choosen does enough damage for me to not complain at all considering how tanky he is + the utility.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman