Recent Topics

Ads

Wouldn't it be nice if Chosen were like this...

Let's talk about... everything else
oaliaen

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if Chosen were like this...

Post#21 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:32 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 am Sounds like you want it all. Thats not how this game works. Every class makes compromises for something else. You started chosen knowing full well what it can and cannot do. You went ahead and picked the skin over the play-style and now you're moaning.

AMs counter all you sayd.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:36 pm

My destro main is a 2h Chosen and I havn't really geared beyond sub and merc yet but I do not feel it needs more damage.

My job is to be up front, apply consistent damage to wear away hots, apply pressure and inteligently guard.

If I wanted to do damage I'd of rolled a mara or choppa.
Alea iacta est

Smellybelly

Post#23 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:45 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:36 pm My destro main is a 2h Chosen and I havn't really geared beyond sub and merc yet but I do not feel it needs more damage.

My job is to be up front, apply consistent damage to wear away hots, apply pressure and inteligently guard.

If I wanted to do damage I'd of rolled a mara or choppa.
You seem to misinterpret the context here, asking for higher damage in return for less ability to provide buffs is not the same as asking to be made into a tanky melee dps. I do get your point though, few people roll tanks to actually do damage, except really good black guards and Swordmasters..oh and Black Orcs, not perfect for dps spots ofc, but far faaaar faaaaaar better then a chosen if dps is somehow needed.

scatterthewinds

Post#24 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:07 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:45 am
scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 am Sounds like you want it all. Thats not how this game works. Every class makes compromises for something else. You started chosen knowing full well what it can and cannot do. You went ahead and picked the skin over the play-style and now you're moaning.
This is an opinion based on ignorance. The class is up for a very large remake in regards to class mechanics and so asking questions like this isnt unwarranted. Actually, let me rephrase that... I think your post was a bit rude and i reacted to that in particular. But you have a point, you cannot have it all. But with the removal of 24/7 active auras, you should get something in return.
I actually held back a lot with my post. Let that be a hint on how you are acting.

Sigimund

Post#25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Telen wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:58 am Id like that 100% parry rate on AM from that video
At one stage when Blur were working on that cinematic it was a WL instead of an AM. The cone attack was some kind of lion's roar ability. They kept the "script" pretty much the same when they switched to AM.

dolleater

Post#26 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Not speaking from a balance or "what would work under this engine" point of view or anything, but it would be pretty cool with a super-tough and slow class that has a bunch of AoE (auras) and maybe a build-up mechanic where the more idk, damage or deaths around you charge your attacks. Maybe parked behind a stance so that the class is playable outside of a battlefield.

My spontaneous reaction from watching chosen in that video anyway hehe :D
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!

Tesq

Post#27 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:58 pm

dolleater wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:43 pm Not speaking from a balance or "what would work under this engine" point of view or anything, but it would be pretty cool with a super-tough and slow class that has a bunch of AoE (auras) and maybe a build-up mechanic where the more idk, damage or deaths around you charge your attacks. Maybe parked behind a stance so that the class is playable outside of a battlefield.

My spontaneous reaction from watching chosen in that video anyway hehe :D
Too much moba for you, classes that require you to are alredy winning or have an advantage to have an impact will remain unplayed

peterthepan3

Post#28 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:37 pm

bwdaWAR wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:10 am We also need a melee AM tree like in the video. You can clearly see him charging into melee with his staff!
Trust me: we have more than enough melee AMs, BWs and RPs if recent scenarios are anything to go by...

Ads
BurbsToo
Banned

Post#29 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:52 pm

ashton007 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:09 am I completely agree. It feels funny to play this great man with a giant 2h axe and do pathetic damage output. I have a feeling this new mechanic is going to slow them down even more but we'll see..
Aza said one of his main objectives for chosen/knight changes was to make the class more skillful/entertaining. I am hoping that mentality is maintained throughout the knight/chosen changes. But I share the same fear as you. 15% of a conquest knight's GCDs has already been reserved for arcing swing, since it basically is just spammed every 10s now (as opposed to before when you used it when it was most tactical). But we'll see what these blessings do. I am assuming they will gives knights and chosen more damage.

Smellybelly

Post#30 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Tesq wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:24 pm i dont see a problem with that, chosen can target swap and keep dmg up easier than other tank, seeping wounds for cover and touch of palsy for substain when you slot the right tactic (quickened discord).

IB dont have that tactic for exemple tough have the ToP mirror.

if there is a problem with contribution to skill which differ from other tanks is a thing but i never felt weak even playing vs premade dmg wise, most likely ppl were not target assisting.
i usually get DB also if the fight are balanced between the teams.

most likely increase right mastery to increase dmg is your best bet, if you wanna compromise and take crit tactic from left mastery than that's set ....you cant have higer dmg.
Every point put into right increase:

ravage
seeping
wounds debuff

damages /values along with res debuff.

you do less dmg as the thing is easy to keep up which mean more consistency than other classes in keep up your stuff.

you also have cleave to attack am/runy / slayer / wh when they are res buffed

/ regard kobs dont agree, my kobs do more dmg than my ib you just need to spec it right and use the right stuff/chain skills......
clearly i just need to L2P :lol: