Recent Topics

Ads

Wouldn't it be nice if Chosen were like this...

Let's talk about... everything else
Smellybelly

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if Chosen were like this...

Post#11 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:45 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 am Sounds like you want it all. Thats not how this game works. Every class makes compromises for something else. You started chosen knowing full well what it can and cannot do. You went ahead and picked the skin over the play-style and now you're moaning.
This is an opinion based on ignorance. The class is up for a very large remake in regards to class mechanics and so asking questions like this isnt unwarranted. Actually, let me rephrase that... I think your post was a bit rude and i reacted to that in particular. But you have a point, you cannot have it all. But with the removal of 24/7 active auras, you should get something in return.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#12 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:58 am

Id like that 100% parry rate on AM from that video

tazdingo

Post#13 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:01 am

who knows, maybe at some point in the future the devs will add new trees instead of classes and give us a path of khorne...

also is dmg really that bad? i thought it was alright since relentless buff if you really went for it but i haven't played high lvl chosen in years

bwdaWAR

Post#14 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:10 am

We also need a melee AM tree like in the video. You can clearly see him charging into melee with his staff!

Tesq

Post#15 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:18 am

Idk why you say chosen do no dmg,well it can't solo 1 healer but it can assist more than properly.....

tazdingo

Post#16 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:19 am

just stack reflexes, i believe some magi do this. if you go all in you'll probably be parrying most of what that 200 STR 5000 toughness BG is throwing at you :D

Smellybelly

Post#17 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:12 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:18 am Idk why you say chosen do no dmg,well it can't solo 1 healer but it can assist more than properly.....
The damage is pathetic when compared to other tanks. Knight is even worse tbh. Crit multiplier(or some sort of smultiplier based on strenght ish) between all classes differ, and chosen/knight have the lowest of them all.

soliticks

Post#18 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:55 am

The fact that your only issue with your class seems to be doing more damage, I’d say take the win.

Your 100% uptime on buffs and debuffs aside, I think Chosen actually can put out a lot of damage. It sounds weird, but it’s really touch of palsy. You don’t realize just how much damage this really is unless you’re a roamer yourself. If you’re a “dps” chosen, I highly recommend you slot the cd reduction tactic.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#19 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:21 am

soliticks wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:55 am The fact that your only issue with your class seems to be doing more damage, I’d say take the win.

Your 100% uptime on buffs and debuffs aside, I think Chosen actually can put out a lot of damage. It sounds weird, but it’s really touch of palsy. You don’t realize just how much damage this really is unless you’re a roamer yourself. If you’re a “dps” chosen, I highly recommend you slot the cd reduction tactic.
I have tried all apsects of chosen play, solo roaming (a lot) 6vs6 and warband. ToP is for sure a winner in that regard. The damage ouput from chosen that on a sc scoreboard can rival a few other tanks is due to aoe dmg aura, damage reflect from Baneshield, aoe sweeping attacks from rending blade and more then anything else, spirit dmg. But even so its very very rare to see yourself critting above 300-400 unless you run 5p dominator and focus on strenght and when you do that, its still very very mediocre. Dmg done = kinda pointless, kills is what matter. And ofc since its a tank, you focus support first but as i said, kills are more important then some abysmal aoe generator, however fun it might be to smack everything in sight

Tesq

Post#20 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:24 pm

i dont see a problem with that, chosen can target swap and keep dmg up easier than other tank, seeping wounds for cover and touch of palsy for substain when you slot the right tactic (quickened discord).

IB dont have that tactic for exemple tough have the ToP mirror.

if there is a problem with contribution to skill which differ from other tanks is a thing but i never felt weak even playing vs premade dmg wise, most likely ppl were not target assisting.
i usually get DB also if the fight are balanced between the teams.

most likely increase right mastery to increase dmg is your best bet, if you wanna compromise and take crit tactic from left mastery than that's set ....you cant have higer dmg.
Every point put into right increase:

ravage
seeping
wounds debuff

damages /values along with res debuff.

you do less dmg as the thing is easy to keep up which mean more consistency than other classes in keep up your stuff.

you also have cleave to attack am/runy / slayer / wh when they are res buffed

/ regard kobs dont agree, my kobs do more dmg than my ib you just need to spec it right and use the right stuff/chain skills......