Recent Topics

Ads

Why do you guys like healing over dps

Let's talk about... everything else
phoramix87

Why do you guys like healing over dps

Post#1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:55 am

Hey guys,

I was testing some characters here on RoR and I noticed that I always, in every mmo, skip all the healing classes. So I was wondering why.

So, it can sounds strange, but why you guys prefer to heal over dpsing / tanking ?

Some say support/tank roles are more stressfull because of the role's importance rather than just spamming one bottom to see high dps numer, no matter what.

Ads
live4treasure

Re: Why do you guys like healing over dps

Post#2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:00 pm

I play hybrids in every mmo, because I like doing damage and supporting my allies at the same time. I'm usually fine being less focused in exchange for being able to have both actions available to me. But I can kind of understand you in that pure healer is just not for me :D
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

charlysixb

Post#3 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:07 pm

I love to make people feel healthy and stronk xDD
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

wargnidalulz

Post#4 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 pm

People that main healing roles or support roles in general tend to value the psychological effect of surviving and keeping your group alive against all odds over the fast thrill of killing an enemy.
Being the driving force behind surviving and helping your group kill the enemy in tow is a nice bonus.

These kind of players usually tend to have a bit more selflessness than most others so it comes and feels more natural to them.
That is one of the reasons why coping with the increased stress from playing such classes feels less stressful or "normal".
Qep

phoramix87

Post#5 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:30 pm

live4treasure wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:00 pm I play hybrids in every mmo, because I like doing damage and supporting my allies at the same time. I'm usually fine being less focused in exchange for being able to have both actions available to me. But I can kind of understand you in that pure healer is just not for me :D
I was thinking about this as well, if I never dive into heals I would be able to be an hybrid and do some dps. That's why I was thinking to try shammy

charlysixb wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:07 pm I love to make people feel healthy and stronk xDD
lol so you prefer make people safe/strong rather than smashing enemies. But do you never ask yourself why you prefer this? :lol:

wargnidalulz wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 pm People that main healing roles or support roles in general tend to value the psychological effect of surviving and keeping your group alive against all odds over the fast thrill of killing an enemy.
Being the driving force behind surviving and helping your group kill the enemy in tow is a nice bonus.

These kind of players usually tend to have a bit more selflessness than most others so it comes and feels more natural to them.
That is one of the reasons why coping with the increased stress from playing such classes feels less stressful or "normal".
Yea I understand, but one big problem with the pure healing classes is that in solo, at least here on RoR, is very hard for them to do anything, because of 0 dps. So they are very dependant from the people

live4treasure

Post#6 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 pm

lol so you prefer make people safe/strong rather than smashing enemies. But do you never ask yourself why you prefer this? :lol:
:?: :?: :?:
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Arconnn

Post#7 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Healing is the most demanding role due to the huge about of responsibility and control you own over your group, there's also a lack of a limiting factor or situational limiter in terms of how hard you're able to carry your group, and how often, and the variables of doing well or potential to carry are much wider from fight to fight than other rolls, and in the risk of failure of even small details including minute positioning flaws by a couple inches, risk of wasting a GCD under heavy heal strain, risk of not taking control of your group and being the shot caller in terms of call outs and info since you have better perspective of the flow of fights and more awareness of general outcomes and situations, have extremely higher consequences than other rolls, and also occur more frequently

A good group starts and ends with how good their healers are, and everything good and every potential stems from how good they are as healers and how well they're able to support their team, depending on how good you are, you're able to support people's dire mistakes your group have potential to make, you smudge out any lack of skill and mistake in terms of survive ability and sustainability according to your level of skill and control over the fight and flow of the fight.

git gud, healer important if not most important
esofasgksdgdsl spam judgement on WP
yeet
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

charlysixb

Post#8 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:50 pm

Didnt say i dont like smashing enemies but i find out that making people "safe/strong" is very satisfactory for me and no i never asked myself why xD.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:35 am

Just healing is kinda boring

Jedii

Post#10 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:41 am

Because no heals in this game means DPS/ tanks die! Nothing greater than running with a warband,bolstering the front line ,picking up the dead and crushing destro!! When u think u killed Jedi! Think again!!