Questions regarding future of RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
Azarael

Re: Questions regarding future of RoR

Post#61 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:19 pm
dansari wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm
Gravord wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:30 am

Nice screen where you didnt even use your own armor debuff just to get higher mitigation on the mara.
Oh? He's not armor debuffed? How can you tell?
Top gear marauder have around 2k armor which puts him on 47% mitigation. Assuming 660 armor pot would put him on 62% mitigation. On your screen he mitigated perfect 75% of your damage, which means he received armor buff from zealot or similar, which you didnt bother to offset by your armor debuff (or intentionally let him have it for the sake of good looking screenshot). If you did bother to armor debuff even not counting higher debuff from WL you could get, you would still hit 1.2k on mara monstro proc. Every other dps would be happy to have such number on monstro mara :P
Whoosh!

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#62 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:19 pm
dansari wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm
Gravord wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:30 am

Nice screen where you didnt even use your own armor debuff just to get higher mitigation on the mara.
Oh? He's not armor debuffed? How can you tell?
Top gear marauder have around 2k armor which puts him on 47% mitigation. Assuming 660 armor pot would put him on 62% mitigation. On your screen he mitigated perfect 75% of your damage, which means he received armor buff from zealot or similar, which you didnt bother to offset by your armor debuff (or intentionally let him have it for the sake of good looking screenshot). If you did bother to armor debuff even not counting higher debuff from WL you could get, you would still hit 1.2k on mara monstro proc. Every other dps would be happy to have such number on monstro mara :P
And you completely ignored the existence of armor talismans, FoF, guard/detaunt, armor setbonuses, or any other common thing you might see on a min-maxed halfway decently played dps.

If you honestly think a SW is gonna churn out even 1k+ crits against a good party, you live in a dreamworld. There are windows where this is possible, and that's double armor debuff+guardpunt+KD to prevent detaunt+no bubble/challenge/% mitigation/FoF/other buffs. If even a few of these effects are present your damage drops towards the <500 mark. The only classes in my experience that have a decent shot at inflicting damage in this range kinda consistently is WE and WH.
Rip Phalanx

Telperien

Post#63 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:36 pm

I know at least one way to solve that silly arguing - make a 6vs6 with 2 SWs and 2 Maras on both sides. Would love to see it.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#64 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:42 pm

it's almost as if you can cherrypick arguments on both sides to represent your argument in the most favorable light, as opposed to making reasonable arguments based in a chaotic and ever-changing real-game situation.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

charlysixb

Post#65 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Telperien wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:36 pm I know at least one way to solve that silly arguing - make a 6vs6 with 2 SWs and 2 Maras on both sides. Would love to see it.

Make it happen!
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Gravord

Post#66 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Telperien wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:36 pm I know at least one way to solve that silly arguing - make a 6vs6 with 2 SWs and 2 Maras on both sides. Would love to see it.
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:42 pm it's almost as if you can cherrypick arguments on both sides to represent your argument in the most favorable light, as opposed to making reasonable arguments based in a chaotic and ever-changing real-game situation.
Gravord wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:26 pm I volunteer for unbiased ASW test, GM/dev can add to my account geared SW and ill take it for a spin, all streamed and recorded. You will have a good point of reference how broken it is in decent party setup played right. Afterwards it can be deleted from my account :)

Azarael

Post#67 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:08 pm

We're not doing work because you've got a problem. Level one yourself if you care so much :D

(Or is the truth that you only play Destruction?)

Gravord

Post#68 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:48 pm
blackfyre06 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:30 am Pls stop feeding this crusader troll.
I miss the good old days when this kind of troll were banned after 1 or 2 warnings...
An agrresive troll is still an agressive troll even when he adds smilies in his posts.
Gravord is entitled to his opinions, and as long as he isn't breaking any rules (he isn't) then you shouldn't be so audacious as to make such demands.
Shame Head GM doesnt see it that way. Give a warning to person reporting off topic and personal attack because you dont like said person yourself. GG Wargrminir, your unbiased attitude as GM is astonishing.

Thats brings another question about future of RoR. Why such acts are acceptable among the staff members? Banning Hym on a whim without him breaking any forum rule, letting any personal attacks fly if you dont like person attacked, giving a warnings for reporting post clearly breaking forum rules. If you cant handle task of being neutral GM treating community members fair and respecting your own rules, step down, or rewrite rules to "i do whatever i want, shut up or i ban you", at least it would correspond with reality you are enforcing.

Ads
Gravord

Post#69 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:08 pm We're not doing work because you've got a problem. Level one yourself if you care so much :D

(Or is the truth that you only play Destruction?)
Not a big high elf fan. But with open heart offering help to test it out to best of my skills without any profit for me as the char would be gone after test :) All in service of fair balance!
In fact i play more order recently, had 3 rr100 des on live and 1 order, order appeal to me more nowadays.

Azarael

Post#70 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:48 pm
blackfyre06 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:30 am Pls stop feeding this crusader troll.
I miss the good old days when this kind of troll were banned after 1 or 2 warnings...
An agrresive troll is still an agressive troll even when he adds smilies in his posts.
Gravord is entitled to his opinions, and as long as he isn't breaking any rules (he isn't) then you shouldn't be so audacious as to make such demands.
Shame Head GM doesnt see it that way. Give a warning to person reporting off topic and personal attack because you dont like said person yourself. GG Wargrminir, your unbiased attitude as GM is astonishing.

Thats brings another question about future of RoR. Why such acts are acceptable among the staff members? Banning Hym on a whim without him breaking any forum rule, letting any personal attacks fly if you dont like person attacked, giving a warnings for reporting post clearly breaking forum rules. If you cant handle task of being neutral GM treating community members fair and respecting your own rules, step down, or rewrite rules to "i do whatever i want, shut up or i ban you", at least it would correspond with reality you are enforcing.
Hym was suspended from the forum for spamming close to 20 topics, of varying ages, with advertisements for his guild. There's not much point arguing with you since whatever I say about that, you'll find some reason to disagree with it, so eh.

We're human, by the way. If we see that you generally act in an aggressive and entitled fashion, we will not step in to defend you if you then think you can use the report function against people who behave aggressively right back. But again, you know that, and you're looking for ammunition.