Re: Friendly Collision

Post#21 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:13 pm

HELL NO

Ads
anarchypark

Post#22 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 pm
anarchypark wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:54 pm not saying entire removal of assist.
make it skill. like any other skills.
gcd, cd, situation etc.

Why fix what's not broken? What's wrong with current iteration of assist that would mandate reinventing the wheel? I'm confused.
for better and fun game play. what else.
clicking maybe too old. but assist macro is not answer i think. 10 years ago? maybe.
anyway, it's true assist macro is one of core in this game.
it won't be easy to touching it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Removing assist macro would just be a pain and cause a lot of unnecessary (and completely avoidable) drama. It would mandate comms in any encounter against decent/equal opposition, which is something I am sure the pug community would hate. As previously said, it would also widen the gap between comms premades and pugs.

Don't get me wrong: as roadkill said, people would adapt - but it would be adapting to something that was changed unnecessarily as opposed to for a legit reason.

Personally I find the game fun as it is, but I seem to be in the minority :lol:

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:04 pm

If i would to change anything drasticly in this game it would be the amount of skills you are able to have acess to at any given time while in combat.

4 tactics, 4 morales, 5 combat skills and 5 archetyp skills.(+nescesary class skills like stealth openers, stances etz)This would increase vallue of Mastery playstyle and would make more varity of builds.

Gravord

Post#25 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:06 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:04 pm If i would to change anything drasticly in this game it would be the amount of skills you are able to have acess to at any given time while in combat.

4 tactics, 4 morales, 5 combat skills and 5 archetyp skills.(+nescesary class skills like stealth openers, stances etz)This would increase vallue of Mastery playstyle and would make more varity of builds.
This would turn into shitty spamfest of same skill over and over as ESO is. Horrible idea.

CountTalabecland

Post#26 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Getting body blocked by dropped supplies is one of my all time favorite gripes. Can't even see the damn boxes on the ground in the sea of red names lol.

but yeah, collision also keeps the dps in check, otherwise they could pass through their own friendlies,fire off a few abilities, and pass back through them with no risk.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

adamthelc

Post#27 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:14 pm

There are ways of targeting between assist and clicking, so it overdramatic to act like you couldn't focus without a macro.

Its irrelevant though, because targeting is not something the game designed to be a necessary skill. They want it to be easy for you to target who you want to target. The evidence is all the different ways they built to target people.

Making it harder to target is pointless, unnecessary and a terrible idea. It would add nothing to the game and take away from QoL.

roadkillrobin

Post#28 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Gravord wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:06 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:04 pm If i would to change anything drasticly in this game it would be the amount of skills you are able to have acess to at any given time while in combat.

This would turn into shitty spamfest of same skill over and over as ESO is. Horrible idea.
Moast rotations are around 5 skills anyway with a bunch of situational skills that would go under archetype/class nessecary tools. It also would make cooldown management and skill planning important.

Im not saying every class should be locked to 5 combat skills as that would interfare with stance class mechanics etz. But rather between 5-8 skills depending on combat mechanic. But having acess to pretty much everything at the same time removes the vallue of a bunch of skills as there are so many effects that overlap and makes every class able to do almoast anything in any situation.

Ads
Gravord

Post#29 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:49 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:43 pm
Gravord wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Moast rotations are around 5 skills anyway with a bunch of situational skills that would go under archetype/class nessecary tools. It also would make cooldown management and skill planning important.
I take you didnt play half the classes in WAR then :)

RuffRyder

Post#30 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:30 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:43 pm Im not saying every class should be locked to 5 combat skills as that would interfare with stance class mechanics etz. But rather between 5-8 skills depending on combat mechanic. But having acess to pretty much everything at the same time removes the vallue of a bunch of skills as there are so many effects that overlap and makes every class able to do almoast anything in any situation.
Having access to many abilities is what opens the possibility to spec in many different ways and adapt to combat situations, it doesn't mean you have to use all skills, that's why ppl are able actually play with 2-3 action bars or even less.
Limiting abilities leads to less variation, just contra-productive for gameplay and balance.
If you think you need only 5-8 buttons: Good, get rid of the rest, clean your UI, that's it.
I'm pretty happy to have space to fill 3 action bars, using at least 2 of them on a frequent basis.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)