Recent Topics

Ads

Friendly Collision

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#11 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:36 am

There is absolutely nothing inherently skillbased about using your mouse to click on someone, instead of using an /assist macro. This would become #topkek in smallscale and large-scale: "Assist on my target! He's the 20455th Shaman from the left! No, not that one...no not that on-oh ffs it's too late, we're dead".

Removing assist would be one of the worst things that could possibly be done.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:38 am

Remove assist and pugs would be totally screwed. Not to mention how easy it is to focus in melee trains just following someone compared to ranged. Without assist I wouldnt have a clue whos being targeted by ranged in pugs.

Ramasee

Post#13 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:53 am

Collision is one of the primary reasons why I loved AoR and why I play RoR. The game was originally sold with collision in mind. Yeah getting stuck in blobs of posterns sucks, yell at people to hold w when clicking doors, solves that. If you are pugging, well sorry lol.

Now I'd love to be able to blow holes in more than one place of a keep. It's the only addition ESO made to rvr that I loved. However I do not expect that to happen in a while if at all. Time it takes to do and all.

Gravord

Post#14 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:14 pm

This is a game without collision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM64Am-B4Tw

Easy mode aoe stacking and wiping out hundred ppl at once with minimal effort. I dont wish any game go that road.

roadkillrobin

Post#15 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:38 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:27 am DAOC didn't have collision.
they /stick or /follow leader.
and /assist when enemy is in target range.

what's the name of dance that ppl line up like train and circling?
exactly like that.
looked silly, felt silly
though it was only rvr game back then.

collision is evolution IMO.
now get rid of /assist macro and make it character skill.
that would be next generation of rvr game, IMO.
Hard targets actually allready been removed in some newer games like Neverwinter and was actually pretty functional with it's aim targeting in PVP. On the other hand that game had built in voice chat wich helps alot.
Assist macro wasn't functional on AoR until the end of t3 cap and people made it work anyway. The thing is this game is built upon assisiting and aiding with it's dual target mechanic and is supose to be here.

anarchypark

Post#16 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:54 pm

not saying entire removal of assist.
make it skill. like any other skills.
gcd, cd, situation etc.

it's collision for ranges.

clicking target is kinda skill i think?
how do MA target enemies, tab?
is that why order tend to target tanks? ;)
80% chance tab target is tank as order.

luriken and troll, shaman and ork, those were problem for click game.
maybe hope's in next game.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:54 pm not saying entire removal of assist.
gcd, cd, situation etc.

Why fix what's not broken? What's wrong with current iteration of assist that would mandate reinventing the wheel? I'm confused.

mogt

Post#18 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:58 pm

i hope they dont remove colission, because with collission, the players do know, the positionplay, and not just smashing buttons. "the blob" is not ever the best way to win.

the people they want do remove the collision, they dont know, how important is positioning play.

Ads
mogt

Post#19 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:59 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 pm
anarchypark wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:54 pm not saying entire removal of assist.
gcd, cd, situation etc.

Why fix what's not broken? What's wrong with current iteration of assist that would mandate reinventing the wheel? I'm confused.
you are right peter, all its fine. assist is a beautiful thing, the collision is fine.

anarchypark

Post#20 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:02 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:38 pm Hard targets actually allready been removed in some newer games like Neverwinter and was actually pretty functional with it's aim targeting in PVP. On the other hand that game had built in voice chat wich helps alot.
Assist macro wasn't functional on AoR until the end of t3 cap and people made it work anyway. The thing is this game is built upon assisiting and aiding with it's dual target mechanic and is supose to be here.

interesting. never tried that one.
maybe clicking is too old style.
but rdps assist is just... too easy.
only using it becuase it's there.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)