Recent Topics

Ads

Friendly Collision

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Gmaw
Posts: 85

Friendly Collision

Post#1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:39 am

I ask my self if friendly collision is necessary. I find it often just impeding. For example, a busy postern upon re-entry everybody gets stuck on each other. Also can be a pain when trying to kite in densely populated battlefield. Does it serve a purpose and if not can we look at getting rid of it? I'm referring only to friendly collision.

Ads
User avatar
vianiznice
Posts: 186

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#2 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:50 am

Do you realize how OP death-balls would be if it had zero collision?

User avatar
Kalt
Posts: 86

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#3 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:54 am

I don't know if dev can remove only friendly collision.

I think without the friendly collision the game can even gain in performance , because this is a big performance taking .

I remember on live , mythic did some test (on the ptr) about this. as far as i can say , the test was done in a Fort , with like 400 people on each side. Without collision at all , the game was smooth and has stable fps. But funnel and defense became impossible.
If only ennemy collision remain , i think this can be a really cool thing. Defense is still possible , and everybody gain better performance (on ptr back in time , the gain in fps was like100% more , from 20/25 fps to 50+ but again , it was all collision removed.)

User avatar
Kalt
Posts: 86

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#4 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:50 am

About collision aza told me the two are bond together.
So impossible to remove only friendly collision and keeping ennemy one it seems

User avatar
Telen
Suspended
Posts: 2545
Contact:

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#5 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:51 am

Friendly collision and tank cc is what makes WAR what it is. Its about the only thing that limits deathblobs at all.
Image

User avatar
Glorian
Posts: 4680

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#6 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:05 am

Telen wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:51 am
Friendly collision and tank cc is what makes WAR what it is. Its about the only thing that limits deathblobs at all.
Also Colission gives you the feeling that you actually "in there".
No one can in a battle walk through you and you have to find a way if you are moving backwards.

And as said, it is one of the cornerstones of AoR that Tanks can really keep opponents from moving past them.

delcon
Posts: 101

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#7 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 am

It’s part of what makes the game so good , collision is something we need to keep

Now the boxes that drop if you can change them to be walked through it will be good , they hinder combat movement and punish the aggressor,
In funnels or tight spaces they act like the keg event on live when you use to block doors with them to aid funnels

Sulorie
Posts: 4926

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#8 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:19 am

Kalt wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:54 am
I don't know if dev can remove only friendly collision.

I think without the friendly collision the game can even gain in performance , because this is a big performance taking .

I remember on live , mythic did some test (on the ptr) about this. as far as i can say , the test was done in a Fort , with like 400 people on each side. Without collision at all , the game was smooth and has stable fps. But funnel and defense became impossible.
If only ennemy collision remain , i think this can be a really cool thing. Defense is still possible , and everybody gain better performance (on ptr back in time , the gain in fps was like100% more , from 20/25 fps to 50+ but again , it was all collision removed.)
Friendly collision was removed and the game play became horrible, so it was turned on again. The fps gain was no convincing argument to keep it like this.
Dying is no option.

Ads
ferraz19
Posts: 197

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#9 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:24 am

Gmaw wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:39 am
I ask my self if friendly collision is necessary. I find it often just impeding. For example, a busy postern upon re-entry everybody gets stuck on each other. Also can be a pain when trying to kite in densely populated battlefield. Does it serve a purpose and if not can we look at getting rid of it? I'm referring only to friendly collision.
I feel you on those postern mash ups tho, my man...
Image

anarchypark
Posts: 1646

Re: Friendly Collision

Post#10 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:27 am

DAOC didn't have collision.
they /stick or /follow leader.
and /assist when enemy is in target range.

what's the name of dance that ppl line up like train and circling?
exactly like that.
looked silly, felt silly
though it was only rvr game back then.

collision is evolution IMO.
now get rid of /assist macro and make it character skill.
that would be next generation of rvr game, IMO.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL5, KoBS5, BW4, WP8, WH5, IB5, EG4, RP4, SL5
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE7, Cs7, Mg7, Ze6, Mara6, BO4, SH4, Shm5, Chop3
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], charlysixb, frippe30, Rasenmeister, Seravajan, TreefAM and 48 guests