Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed Buttons addon

Let's talk about... everything else
mogt

Re: Nerfed Buttons addon

Post#31 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:08 pm

i think if they can remove it they do it.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#32 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Assist is a form of changing targets. There are multiple ways of doing that with the base game.

There is no default game mechanism that makes choices on what abilities to use for you.

I have no problem with NB. If people need it to play competently I applaud it. The last thing I would want is to argue making people worse.

Defending it like it's not cheesy or trying to compare it to something it's not is irritating though. Just admit you cant make choices as well as a computer and move on.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#33 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Telperien

Post#34 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:00 pm

sullemunk wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:12 pm Image
10/10 conditionals:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:17 pm

sullemunk wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:12 pm Image
many*

:twisted:

Feru
Suspended

Post#36 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 pm

I remember a famous "cool kid" from live with the surname "cheat more please" great supporter of this addon, sanguish was the first name if memory dont fail ;)

seldane

Post#37 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Natherul wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:29 am we have stated before and that opinion still stands that the conditional system of NB is something that we aim to remove.
Thank you so much for the reply. Can I please ask a follow-up question? I'm sure it's impossible to say exactly when this change will be made, but as the Lead Developer, could you please divulge if it's a high, medium, or low priority change? Also difficult to answer, but I will ask: is it in the time course of months away, a year away, or possibly several years away?

Gridgendal

Post#38 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Not trying to defend NB, but just an FYI, the devs would literally need to break the entire interface to break NB. The conditionals it checks are part of almost every single addon and a large portion of the default interface, anything that deals with buffs/debuffs, unit frames, actionbars, etc. You would have to break things like buffhead, daocbuff, dufftimer, cctv, enemy, pure, etc. Even if you broke NB by changing names of the conditionals it checks, someone would come along to fix one of the other addons and NB would be working again using those changes. NB might be a necessary evil. The game will be unplayable even for people not using it if they break it. This is the exact reason Mythic never broke it themselves.

If the Devs figure out a way (we know they are better than Mythic devs) to break it without breaking the whole game I'm sure they will.

Ads
Luuca

Post#39 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:11 pm

I would not remove NB from the game. Some classes benefit more from them for players that use it, and some less so. It is part of the game environment and tools allowed to be implemented by anyone wishing to use it at this time.

To deny yourself using NB in RoR is to cut off your nose to spite your face. Your portence of "skilled gamer" by not using it is fallacy and your claims of a single "i win" button from NB are unfounded. Sure, NB does automagically swap to the ability you need based upon a condition (position, debuff, etc) but I've not played any class on WAR or RoR that could be played better with a 1 button conditional mash than by a player focusing and making good decisions based upon the group.

I would lock these threads as they are pure conjecture on the part of the poster who only "feels" like NB is breaking the game, has a limited (or under informed) understanding of how players are actually using it, and claims to never have used it.

It's your choice at this point to learn to use and implement NB. It's not banned. You choose not to. They choose to. What's next? Everyone has to use level 1 mounts because the others are faster?