Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed Buttons addon

Let's talk about... everything else
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Nerfed Buttons addon

Post#11 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:29 am

we have stated before and that opinion still stands that the conditional system of NB is something that we aim to remove.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:56 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:41 am Having fought against premades like enigma and LoB, I would beg to differ: there is definitely skillful and competitive PvP to be had - but most don't seek it out.
I was talking about the game as whole/in general.

6v6 "skill" has more to do with positioning and cc than anything...and most of those end in stalemates.

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:01 am

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:56 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:41 am Having fought against premades like enigma and LoB, I would beg to differ: there is definitely skillful and competitive PvP to be had - but most don't seek it out.
I was talking about the game as whole/in general.

6v6 "skill" has more to do with positioning and cc than anything...and most of those end in stalemates.

Haven't seen a stalemate for a long time.

normanis

Post#14 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:03 am

even when gm remove nb there are plenty ather addons who make advantage over athers. cast sequence i think its correct name. assist ( its real pain when 6 ppl just spam on assist buton and use spam spam spam abilities) and target is dead for shure.
most clases become 3 max 5 skill users, (i have 5 fingers so max from me is 5 buttons rest i will click with mouse when i found tham) . isnt better like in wow reduce available abilities? if u have 20 in old wow now they have double less, and no need some kinda nb for tham or macros
and stop beating dead horse,
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Nameless

Post#15 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:04 am

Person using nb for slice/aw rotation based on enemy position will be more "skilled" than a person that will use by his decision slice or AW.

How can this be even discussed is beyond me.

I dont speak about full automatic programed lines and rotation but for lack of decision making based on the fact if your enemy how his behind or front
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

notre

Post#16 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:06 am

davispeed wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:31 am NB gives a real advantage to whom using it thats for sure.
I have more advantage using Buffhead, because I see the inmunities otherwise i don't if not clicking on the targets.

I have more advantage using Enemy, because I see the staggers, dot, renews, healdebuf on ALL the party....

I have mor advantage using a mouse with more than two buttons....

And I have more advanteage using a monitor and a keyboard.....(that is sarcascm)

Wow has macros, Rift has macros, Aion has macros, GuildWars2 has macros.....
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Nameless

Post#17 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:27 am

Decision making
That is the difference betweend enemy, buffhead etc. and NB
Visualisation is importand and help alot but the decision what to do is solely yours
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:30 am

normanis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:03 am even when gm remove nb there are plenty ather addons who make advantage over athers. cast sequence i think its correct name. assist ( its real pain when 6 ppl just spam on assist buton and use spam spam spam abilities) and target is dead for shure.
most clases become 3 max 5 skill users, (i have 5 fingers so max from me is 5 buttons rest i will click with mouse when i found tham) . isnt better like in wow reduce available abilities? if u have 20 in old wow now they have double less, and no need some kinda nb for tham or macros
I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously when you equate using an inherent mechanic accessible to all (assist), to add-ons like NB. Assist is absolutely essential in PvP (WoW actually does have it in the form of /target and /focus macros that are essential for arenas)

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#19 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 am

If you don’t think you can pretty much 1 button wow with a mixture of in game macros, mouse macros and key cool downs then you don’t know wow. There are sites dedicated to single key raid rotations that beat what average players can do.

catholicism198

Post#20 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:45 am

normanis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:03 am even when gm remove nb there are plenty ather addons who make advantage over athers. cast sequence i think its correct name. assist ( its real pain when 6 ppl just spam on assist buton and use spam spam spam abilities) and target is dead for shure.
I thought the main reason why WoW/Swtor did that was to make balancing easier- so that they wouldn't have to remake/restructure each tree every time they increased the level cap.
It really dumbed down the classes.