Recent Topics

Ads

War lack of endgame.

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: War lack of endgame.

Post#41 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:22 pm I would like to thank a lot OP to compare the "work in progress RoR project" with big commercial MMOs :).

Fact is we are trying our best to enhance -from scratch- this project steps by steps.

I admit since a year (of dramas), things are gone pretty slow.

The end of the year should reserve some good surprises.
I need a date, I want to plan my vacation. :D
Dying is no option.

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#42 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Its a alpha server it is what you make it, make ur own endgame! We had a awesone all magi grp last night that did way better than expected, just gotta keep yourself busy
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#43 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:30 am

Hargrim wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:35 pm

Any ideas?
-Cosmetic Gear purchased by Conqueror tokens

-Increase character size by 1.2 for Players that achieve renown 70, and increase by 1.5 Players who are renown 80, optional, activated by an ingame command.

-Weekly 1v1 and 2v2 Tournaments

-Spawn Random Bosses at RvR Lake with Random Loot (good stuff) so players can fight for it.

-Modify RvR BOs once in a while, also if im not mistaken, with client control it may be possible to add certain Buildings, such as, towers, bridges and walls.

-Create new Mastery Paths and Skills for careers that need a Solo and Warband viability.

-Open new city for both factions.

-New mounts purchased by Gold and Conqueror Tokens.

-PvE and PvP Live Events hosted by Ingame GMs.

-Group and Warband Teleport Scrolls for Keeps, Rally Points and Enemy City.

-New random rewards in RvR Bags, for example: Cosmetic Gear, Gold, Potions, Talismans, PvE accesories, Event Gear for X amount of days.

-Wanted Quests, kill this particular player and claim your reward.

-Race Slayer, kill X amount of this particular race and claim your title or whatever.

-What else?? i mean, there's a huge pool to choose from in regards of end game content. Ima go watch da league of legends final right now, have a gud one! bye bye
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Loans

Post#44 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 am

Kabuterimonga wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:30 am

Any ideas?

-Increase character size by 1.2 for Players that achieve renown 70, and increase by 1.5 Players who are renown 80, optional, activated by an ingame command.

-Spawn Random Bosses at RvR Lake with Random Loot (good stuff) so players can fight for it.

-Modify RvR BOs once in a while, also if im not mistaken, with client control it may be possible to add certain Buildings, such as, towers, bridges and walls.

-Create new Mastery Paths and Skills for careers that need a Solo and Warband viability.

-New random rewards in RvR Bags, for example: Cosmetic Gear, Gold, Potions, Talismans, PvE accesories, Event Gear for X amount of days.

-Race Slayer, kill X amount of this particular race and claim your title or whatever.

-What else?? i mean, there's a huge pool to choose from in regards of end game content. Ima go watch da league of legends final right now, have a gud one! bye bye
Very interesting, +1

Onemantankwall

Post#45 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Loans wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 am
Kabuterimonga wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:30 am

Any ideas?

Very interesting, +1
All that fluff cosmetic crap and my chosen is perma glitched naked to everyone anyway.. Rather a stable rich in content game such as the finishing of forts/cities than a guild wars2 cosmetic wanna be
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#46 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:37 pm

All that fluff cosmetic crap and my chosen is perma glitched naked to everyone anyway.. Rather a stable rich in content game such as the finishing of forts/cities than a guild wars2 cosmetic wanna be
Yes, i didn't wanna mention the obvious which is Fortresses and City Raids, that is the priority i would say. I don't see the reason of why they are not implemented yet. Mind someone tell us why we don't have those ones yet???
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Hargrim
Developer

Post#47 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Kabuterimonga wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:04 pm Yes, i didn't wanna mention the obvious which is Fortresses and City Raids, that is the priority i would say. I don't see the reason of why they are not implemented yet. Mind someone tell us why we don't have those ones yet???

Because they are not ready.

madrocks
Suspended

Post#48 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:29 am

Spoiler:
[/quote]

[/quote]

I modified the quote and removed the ideas I though are to hard to achieve in short term.

Literally amazing Ideas! I am jealous I did not came up with such things!!
I really love that RR Rank size scale one..

Spoiler:
Or the fact that there is non.

Logging into session of say Counter-Strike, compared to logging into War and going rvr- which one is more fun, gameplay speaking only? As such, what keeps mmos going is the character progression. And here comes the great problem which War always had- what do you do when you are rr100 in full WF, or in RoR rr80 in full conq? Besides reroll?

The problem started with the original AoR vision- keeps which are temporally taken then reset. If your win means nothing in the long run, you don't really have a reason to fight, besides renown tick and a chance for a bag. When AoR was just announced, I remember the resetting keeps mechanic being enough for many pvp players to not want to even try it in first place.

To compare, years ago I been playing Anarchy Online mmo (still alive after all those years, actually). It had a mass rvr mechanic introduced in Notum Wars expansion, with areas where orgs (guilds) could place towers which gave bonuses both org-wide and personal to a placing member. The placement was permanent, until destroyed by a different side (or rarely a different org). As a result, I remember several tower fights which lasted for over a week of nonstop fighting, with 100+ players on each side at each open tower field.

Then AO also had quite a bit of progression at top lvl:

- itemization (much more equipment slots compared to War, and much harder to get BiS items)
- money actually being important compared to specially RoR gold (again, itemization- but this time non-bop rare drops in different forms, compared to RoR where there is really not much reason to farm gold once you have 2 k or so free)
- research personal progression (there relevant part being unlock of mechs, out of War options those can be most closely linked to siege equipment)
- org cities (pve areas claimable by orgs, where members can farm specific form of xp and rare equipment- assuming sufficient time and money investment by the org to enable it)

Quite a bit of those could be actually translated to RoR, for example:

- Towers- some form of rvr objectives permanently claimed by guilds, and offering benefits to, until captured by guild from opposite realm under specific conditions. Possibly- attackable only once city had been captured, to give much greater motivation for keep/city fights.
- Itemization- RoR has a very poor itemization atime, with lots of specs only having choice between 2 BiS items for each slot. As such:
* pvp boe rare drops- items similar to backpacks for example.
* many more sets similar to Rare Fortune one- with specific sets dropping from pvp or pve.
* change to blue/purple items- atime Harbinger armor parts for example are much harder to get than conq- but are useless. Adding tali slots to those will make them valuable, without making them better than set gear (no set bonuses).
- Research- progression form open after rr 80, unlocking advanced siege equipment, instead of personal bonuses.
- Cities- possibly instances claimable by guilds under specific conditions (for example, remake the skaven instances into those).

Implementing those would allow character progression after rr80, without massively overpowering high rr toons comparing to lower ones.

The ultimate goal is to both give players a reason to stick with toons (and ultimately, with RoR), after rr80, and to give more meaning (and motivation) for keep fights.

TEXTWALL INCOMMING!

For the people that did not play Anarchy Online - You really missed out on a MASTERPIECE of mmorpg.
The father and mother of all things. A matter of taste, indeed.
Of course patched and partially ruined by sad decisions.. but you know.. we are all humans.

What we, us, in our RoR community could learn from that mmorpg? Well, quite alot.
Everything was community driven, true Community Managers would help out set things up initially and then let it flourish.
GMs would show up like Gods of the game, with stats and gear that would make them immortal.
They would have fun with the players, spawn sudden npc and challange players for the laugh of it.
There was way less saltyness back then. Trolling was at a minimal level. The term L2P did not even exist and everything was quite ubar and not OP.
OP... what pathetic and conclusional term. L2P? So rude.
Frueher war alles besser!

Player driven large scale raids with initial PvP to claim the lair Boss. Kind of like Keep fights in a certain way.. but loot would matter. Keep lord does not even give loot.. it never did. (not blaming the devs of ror here! I would not dare.)

So what else can I add to this..
The forum was turning point of everything. Players got very sofisticated and created databanks for gear or Raid Bots to earn tokes to claim/bid on gear after boss fights, etc..

The combination of having a max character lvl of 220 and the massive amout of items that gave an all kind of different stats you could play with and combine was the ultimate challange and motivation for the players.
In AO there were (as we have it in RoR) different level Tiers for PvP. So a lvl 60 character could have PvP with anyone between level 45 and 75. This would scale on.. or scale down. A level 115 player could have PvP vs 85 and 140..
(numbers might be not correct but you get the idea!)

Now you combine the above mentioned things with the option to turn off xp gain completely at any wished level.
You end up having low level hardcore geared players that do low/mid lvl pvp in a very competitive way.

So to translate all of this text wall in RoR: Imagine a T1 Class lvl 15 rr 20 that does have everything best it can farm and equip for his level. Every purple jewlery and t1 scenarion gear, every Lair boss gear and every PQ gear... etc..
A true PvP God in the T1 lakes.
Sure it is unfair in a certain way against lvl 5 that join the lakes but also a motivation to become just like that (btw. a lvl 15 WH stomps everything in the t1 lakes too).
I think you understand what kind of new playstyle you add to the sandbox.

In the end it's all a magic trick, just gotta know how to do it.
Lutz

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#49 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:50 am

So what about when invader / warlord / sovereign? no more conversion? Cosmetic gear is planned, ploblem is we don't have a massive stock of usable cosmetic gear...

Could be fun yeah. But have you thinked about body block / funnel? ready to assume complains about it?

Maybe something something before the end of the year...

Why not. But again, we don't have infinite stock of stuff and creating an item for 24 classes takes some time.

Thats not so easy. Our client control is still limited and even we can add / remove buildings, we are unable to create/transform totally an area. But who knows...

When ready, new mounts will appear. Condition to have it are not decided atm.

Depends on GM feeling. Some may not be confortable with. Plus about "instant" events, some players could complain that they happen when they can't play, are not connected > complains.

>See first answers. Same problem.

AH!! You have no idea i would like to see this. Discussed about years ago :p. Very complex to do atm.

-
Race Slayer, kill X amount of this particular race and claim your title or whatever.
Discussing about something similar atm (race proud...)...

Kragg

Post#50 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:17 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:50 am
Depends on GM feeling. Some may not be confortable with. Plus about "instant" events, some players could complain that they happen when they can't play, are not connected > complains.
I wouldn't mind organising events, Yal. Remember the High King event we ran with Bitterstone Thunderers; we helped with writing keg's End, we also ran Gotrek & Felix characters with some dev help to stir up the battlefield. We called em Lore Encounters and got great responses by them too! Gives that warhammer feeling to charge alongside Gotrek into a melee! :mrgreen:

Send me a PM if ya are interested!

Race Slayer, kill X amount of this particular race and claim your title or whatever.
Discussing about something similar atm (race proud...)...
Tell me more :D
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance