Recent Topics

Ads

Duo with WL

Let's talk about... everything else
Boulvejak

Duo with WL

Post#1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi folks,

Myself and my SO are rolling RoR, we used to play live.

She is going to be rolling WL and I'm trying to determine the best duo partner to play with her. Apparently things are pretty different here from live.

We are going to be doing a little of everything, PQs, SCs, and ORvR.

I am leaning towards tanks or a WP. IB and SM look particularly appealing, though I hear knights have solid utility but crap damage. I don't have to do a lot of damage to be happy, but I want to make sure that we can kill something in small man encounters if we're running around as just a Duo. As long as I can contibute in ways other than simply being a guardbot.

Any recommendations on pairs? Particularly, I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any potential synergies for the White Lion.

Ads
Mcgotrek

Re: Duo with WL

Post#2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Have you completely decided on a tank class? With the state wl's are in, I'd roll a healer. Rp / wl rocks in small scale. Rp's have better st heals than wp
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Sizer

Post#3 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:36 pm

2 wls

if you run wl/healer then whenever you fight someone they will just focus the healer. Bring 2 wls and you will live longer and kill faster (only applies to 2 wl groups, this does not apply to any other combo as no other mdps can survive as long without heals)
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Mcgotrek

Post#4 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Sizer wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:36 pm 2 wls

if you run wl/healer then whenever you fight someone they will just focus the healer. Bring 2 wls and you will live longer and kill faster (only applies to 2 wl groups, this does not apply to any other combo as no other mdps can survive as long without heals)
Depending on their opposition, the rp should be fine if played right (detaunts on cd etc etc)
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Boulvejak

Post#5 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks for the input. One thing I want to be clear on is that we're not only planning on running as a Duo, I just expect it will be some of our time. Most of our time will probably be in normal groups or warbands.

Two white lions seems a bit gimmicky. Would we be able to join a bigger group like that? Do normal 6 mans run 2 mdps?

exxyx

Post#6 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:44 pm

if you want to play a tank, i suggest to pick IB for duo.
you wont have problems with your grudge.
you can buff+protect your Wl with tons of utility, have still decent dmg. (you can burst dmg kinda nicely if playing correctly)
and even if your WL dies, you can survive alone so long that the WL can come to you again from the warcamp, lulz

Sedok

Post#7 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:23 pm

2h IB pairs well with the Guardian WL, as it has the armor debuff, strength and weapon-skill buffs to greatly aid pet dps (especially at lower levels with the bolster), and brings immense damage himself (again because of the bolster). 2h KotBS pairs better with Hunter/Axeman WL, as it has the crit aura, strength buff, toughness debuff, and that low-level Runefang dps.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

anarchypark

Post#8 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:34 pm

melee WP ?
IB looks good but they gonna target WL almost always.
with WP they gonna target WP first.
then change to WL who would eventually have low hp.
then heal him. pug gonna have hard time assisting.
i bet some will even target lion pet.

kinda hard to get spot in premade as melee WP.
no problem with pug WB though.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Hogtooth

Post#9 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:34 am

Duo's with other WLs can be fun small scale. I mostly Duo with an AM who runs DPS spec most of the time. And yes groups run 2 mdps. You won't find much meta grp comps run on here compared to live. It's mostly "run what ya brung" and have fun. If you have any questions hit me up here or in game on Tramp.
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

Tesq

Post#10 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:31 am

Ib/ runy/ 2nd wl