Recent Topics

Ads

Bring us our /say chat back!

Let's talk about... everything else
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Bring us our /say chat back!

Post#11 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:32 pm

I agree, its sad that xrealm chat is gone. But explained reason was to much work for GMs, because of to many insults... Not much you can say against this. A working ignore command might be the better solution, though.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
wereku

Post#12 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Crazy idea add two new chat boxes (just like general chat or guild chat) which show crossrealm chat but are normally turned off by default. That way people don't have to hassle with blocking and people who like that stuff can turn it on. Therefore add /cw "Name" which opens crossrealm whisper and /cs for crossrealm say. Result everybody happy.

orfeask

Post#13 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Like some other person said before me it should be a toggle, toggle off by default
But unfortunately it definately won't return.

diedrake

Post#14 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Hmm.. You would think playing a pvp focused game people would have thick skin and not take insults personally.
But yes, i too miss the xrelm chat, especially when i was a young squiggy and whisper to some the well known wls " i will get you one of these days ;) " or something of that sort. Or chat with a dps wp ask the player how the class runs and such. Of course this was when i was destro only player.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

dansari

Post#15 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Arbich wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:32 pm I agree, its sad that xrealm chat is gone. But explained reason was to much work for GMs, because of to many insults... Not much you can say against this. A working ignore command might be the better solution, though.
Yeah I just want /ignore to work on emotes too 8-)
<Salt Factory>

RuffRyder

Post#16 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:33 pm

dansari wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 pm
Spoiler:
Arbich wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:32 pm I agree, its sad that xrealm chat is gone. But explained reason was to much work for GMs, because of to many insults... Not much you can say against this. A working ignore command might be the better solution, though.
Yeah I just want /ignore to work on emotes too 8-)
One of the first things I did is filter Emote chat, too much spam. :)
The result of re-enabling x-realm chat would lead to more bans in the worst case, when someone feels insulted and reports it. But as already stated, thick skin and that's it, I tend to just ignore ppl flaming and I could swear it worked before. :roll:
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Crust

Post#17 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:43 pm

I tend to not flame folks ever because when its all said and done you dont know whom you are talking to.
Between friends its all good, but it rubs me the wrong way to have someone with alot more playtime give me 'a lecture' on how i should play or worse.
Some folks have a shorter fuse than others, or a very different 'upbringing'. What i call common sense is not something that is common in online games. If it were in a channel it could be ignored but to mute individual players is not practical at all imo.
(Also wouldnt this give devs alot more moderation work ingame, i can imagine friendly banter escalating rather quickly into a poo flinging match)

Gmaw

Post#18 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:59 pm

In my opinion only cross realm /tell should be unavailable.It is only via tells that I have been asked to die of cancer and what not.In public conversation people tend not to dare to be so aggressive and offensive.I am no saint ofc ,I rage in sc from time to time at teammates

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#19 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:00 pm

Well Yali said it. Currently we have no intention of re-enabling it again but we always reserve the right to change out minds.

Not only was it a source of grief between players but also from a game standpoint it makes little sense that the opposing factions talk to each-other.

Zaccar20

Post#20 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:26 pm

Hey Natherul, ty for your answer!
But is it rly be a suggestion to lower communicate?
Maybe somebody get flamed but is thats really a reason to stop full faction talking?
I dont think so...
But everyone have his option =)
It dont really give a faction a option to win with that, its just a fun stuff in my option.
But have a good day/night, im off now!
Last edited by Zaccar20 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------------
ORDER

Elvo 40/41 WL
Raschweg 36/35
DESTRO

Zaccar 40/50 Zealot
Aeedys 40/63 WE