Re: server pop

Post#21 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:55 pm

It´s summer it´s summer.......

We have almost a month ahead....

Ads
mynie

Post#22 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:35 am New ORvR system.
According i designed it, according i play it, the biggest difference between old system and newest is the dynamic even a part is missing to finish the general rework (supply drop on kills). This version is much more dynamic. Once again, many ppl complain about "zerg".
All my Warhammer Online experience has encountered the Zerg. Accusing the actual system of this is just dishonest. I don't remember to see the "Zorgbus" right here. So whatever the system, zerg will be around. It is a player choice. I play with 4-6 buddies in the lake and strangely, we find nice fights here and there. Some ppl would like to see the ORvR as a 1vs1 place maybe. They should take a look to check what ORvR means.
I respect the fact that you tried to split the zerg, trying is always a good thing.

But i really disagree on the fact that the "new" rvr system might be more dynamic than the previous one.

It feels like the current system puts emphasis on holding BO.. and that thing in itself is not really.. dynamic.

Waiting at some point and defend it was already the kind of mechanics we had at keeps, so it feels a bit redundant with the BO-hold mechanics.
The old mechanics was actually way more dynamic as you could capture and roam from point to point, instead of just... waiting.
It's also very hard to start working on a new zone with low population. it's probably one of the reason why the secondary zones are almost always empty... as.. staying alone on a bo.. doing nothing but getting small ticks is not really entertaining.

Cheers

LordPiss

Post#23 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:43 pm

mynie wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:55 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:35 am New ORvR system.
According i designed it, according i play it, the biggest difference between old system and newest is the dynamic even a part is missing to finish the general rework (supply drop on kills). This version is much more dynamic. Once again, many ppl complain about "zerg".
All my Warhammer Online experience has encountered the Zerg. Accusing the actual system of this is just dishonest. I don't remember to see the "Zorgbus" right here. So whatever the system, zerg will be around. It is a player choice. I play with 4-6 buddies in the lake and strangely, we find nice fights here and there. Some ppl would like to see the ORvR as a 1vs1 place maybe. They should take a look to check what ORvR means.
I respect the fact that you tried to split the zerg, trying is always a good thing.

But i really disagree on the fact that the "new" rvr system might be more dynamic than the previous one.

It feels like the current system puts emphasis on holding BO.. and that thing in itself is not really.. dynamic.

Waiting at some point and defend it was already the kind of mechanics we had at keeps, so it feels a bit redundant with the BO-hold mechanics.
The old mechanics was actually way more dynamic as you could capture and roam from point to point, instead of just... waiting.
It's also very hard to start working on a new zone with low population. it's probably one of the reason why the secondary zones are almost always empty... as.. staying alone on a bo.. doing nothing but getting small ticks is not really entertaining.

Cheers

I agree with Mynie concerning "the dynamic" aspect.
Tekky - Witch Hunter
Tekk - Runepriest

Ykket - Witch Elf
Ykke - Shaman

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#24 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Suggest something more "dynamic". Pissing on something is not constructive criticism. "The way it was before" isn't something we particularly want to go back to, since we decided to make drastic changes away from it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

mynie

Post#25 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:20 pm

I would have suggested something closer to how it worked on live, but since you stated it is not something you want to go back to, i'll just quietly walk away from that thread ^^

Ps: nobody was pissing on anything, just pointing the limitations of the current mechanics, and that the results was not the result expected if the goal was to create a more dynamic system.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#26 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:06 pm

@Arbich :

Here is the idea (this is not decided according we have not client control atm) :

when a Xrealm timer will be deployed, the 1st character you will connect will decide about a timer of XX hours before being able to switch on the other side IF this other side isn't outnumbered. If the faction you wanna join is outnumbered, it seems obvious there will be no reason to lock anyone. To make it short, lock timer will be applied in a single direction depending the situation.

@mynie :

According have designed this new system, i must defend it :). I'm maybe wrong but :
-I don't see in which way previous system was more dynamic tbh i develop :
-I don't see in which way locking a BO for 15-20minuts and suppress it from objectives makes things more dynamic.
-I don't wee in which way waiting behind wall with forced funnel is more dynamic.
-I don't see in which way giving the opportunity to ONLY 3 ppl to bring back 1 supply is more dynamic.
-I don't see in which way following a supply carrier is more dynamic (official)

Now if your concern is about waiting around BOs and about lords.
-Waiting under a BO is a player choice. Atleast this player is IN the lake, around BOs. On official, some players (a lot) were hidden in bushes on the border of ORvR or in lord room, or at WC entry, holding a standard , waiting for supply ticks. Was it better?
-Our NPC/mob management is script based and very new (gunbad). We would like some Keep lord part more interesting but i fear we haven't tools actually to make it better. You must understand again, we are not almighty and very limited.

If you point that warbands/zerg are holding BO, making impossible for a small group of ppl to do anything make things complicated, i would like to point that if massive pop is focused in a single zone is AGAIN a player choice. I don't see any mechanic issue. (strangely i play with a 4-8 players groups, and i success to take BOs back, waiting for ppl to hold it and moving to another fight without any problem...)

If you point that multi pairings is just an illusion according player don't spread on these areas, i will point again that is a player choice. I must admit we probably will have to find soething appealing to invite ppl to spread a bit more.

Now, the last past of this rework, but not the least i think will be deplooyed very soon : The supply drop on kills. When deployed this functionnality will COMPLETE (as presented on original ORvR rework presentation some month ago), the BO system and give to player depending their size another kind of objectives. The idea behind this is double :
- Put a target on HR : the higher they will be, the higher chance to drop a supply will be.
- I don't see a full WB to bring back a supply so choice will be this one : let anyone take it or split, giving full place for smallest groups (amlbush, interceptions, chase...).

But note this functionnality will have to be refined and tested in time to be effective.

I can understand this system needs some improvment here and there (we are not pros if i must remind it) and i can understand some players don't find what they are looking for in this system at instant I, but they should illustrate in a more detailled way what is the problem in their honest opinion. :)

szejoza

Post#27 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:30 pm

How about making an 'overpopulated' debuff applied to everyone in zerged zones reducing whatever you wish (renown rewards, stats, etc) and the opposite buff in the low pop zones

That might be enough of a incentive to spread the zerg, something akin to AAO surfing but between zones
Spoiler:

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#28 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:44 pm

szejoza wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:30 pm How about making an 'overpopulated' debuff applied to everyone in zerged zones reducing whatever you wish (renown rewards, stats, etc) and the opposite buff in the low pop zones

That might be enough of a incentive to spread the zerg, something akin to AAO surfing but between zones
I had something like in the pocket. I keep this idea in mind :). (i'm not for punishing ppl, but increasing rewards on low pop areas could be an idea).

Ads
Darks63

Post#29 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:55 pm

It not all that unusual when i played WoT/WoWS the pop dropped by 20%-30% during the summer as well.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Glorian

Post#30 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:57 pm

Aye. Punishing players is imo also demoralizing and allways the least desirable solution.

Incentivize desired behavior and give players who read patchnotes a headstart for RR is a good idea.

If you are in an overpopulated zone and getting punished because everyone and his mother is in "your" zone it feels frustrating. BUT switching to a less populated zone gives you more is allways better.