Recent Topics

Ads

server pop

Let's talk about... everything else
kmark101

Re: server pop

Post#41 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:13 pm

I think progress could also be made with more things than gear/armor, that is much easier to implement.

For example when you have full conq, you could win some superpower potion that lasts for 2 hours and makes you very buff! It would be a fun incentive to play for. It would expire in 24 hours online time so you would have_to use it instead of saving it for some nasty mass action.

Anything that breaks the progression from time to time and provides short but glorious moments!
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Buh2016

Post#42 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 pm

I didn't say that in anyway. I said no one plays the T2 zones I said nothing of gear ect cause I already know that.

Eathisword

Post#43 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:03 am

Its bike racing season mate ! Soccer, baseball... spring... cute girls with beards and all.

Also factor that a lot of ''us'' players are old and have families. End of school year for our kids = vacation time, fixing stuff in the yard, repairing damage from winter on the house, etc.

I haven't played in a bunch because of all that, which has nothing to do with the game. But never forget : Winter is coming... at some point, and with it flocks of dumb people like me wanting to freeze their brain till spring playing video games.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#44 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 am

Buh2016 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 pm I didn't say that in anyway. I said no one plays the T2 zones I said nothing of gear ect cause I already know that.

You mentioned some mechanics and speccable abilities so I assumed it was rant. If not, no hard feelings :). Sometimes sacrifices must be made, we chose to enable T2 for R40s to remove the ghost town feeling from that part of the game. Can't please everyone it seem.

Tirien27

Post#45 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Several Wbs on boths sides during prime is enough for me. This game never needed that many people on to thrive. Infact, less lag and less Dc's while still having more than enough for Rvr and scens.

My best guess is summertime, always happens.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#46 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:57 pm

RIPROR

MedV

Post#47 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:44 pm

I wouldnt be opposed to a 16-31 tier. Roaming around T4 I notice alotttttt of lower level players some Wbs are half <30. Not only do I think this would help the zerg mentality in T4 but I think it would become more competitive. I would rather fight a 50 on 50 zone fight of all high level players than 100 on 100 with a mix of 16's 17's etc. I was trying to help a lvl 16 Sorc the other day who was completely lost and new to the game. People in the warband were telling him to level up before joining, and it was just sad to see his responses of "I can leave the WB if you guys want". He decided to make another character and just start again at T1. People say to me that I am just cannon fodder for now, and it would turn me off the game if I didnt have higher lvl accts or was so in love with the style and classes.

I understand why the change was made, and I could see how if this was implemented T4 might or would become more of a ghost town. I am assuming the Devs can see the composition of levels fighting in T4 and have found that if a 16-31 tier was put in place it would hinder T4 gameplay (and I say that sincerely, I truly feel the devs do everything they can to enhance gameplay). Its just getting boring being one shot by Zaxxed, Combustion, Hops, Cimbina, Hyel, Stoprun.... etc. The only counter play is to stay really close to the zerg, and pray you are not the one they target. I have sadly evolved to just que for scs and watch movies until they pop.

But honestly I am sure there are upsides and downsides to this and after long discussion the devs have concluded that splitting the tiers would not be beneficial. But maybe its been long enough, with enough time to level and enough of a player base to start to think about this change again.
The King.

Sulorie

Post#48 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:02 am

With such little rewards for lowlvl in rvr, it boggles my mind, why so many keep joining rvr instead of queuing for sc, where they even rank up faster.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Glorian

Post#49 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:24 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:57 pm Image

RIPROR
That picture is not even half correct. :D
We had yesterday 4WB vs 4WB each on the sides fighting in Barak Varr. It was one Big Red line. :)

Kragg

Post#50 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:46 am

Hargrim wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 am
Buh2016 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 pm I didn't say that in anyway. I said no one plays the T2 zones I said nothing of gear ect cause I already know that.

You mentioned some mechanics and speccable abilities so I assumed it was rant. If not, no hard feelings :). Sometimes sacrifices must be made, we chose to enable T2 for R40s to remove the ghost town feeling from that part of the game. Can't please everyone it seem.
People seem to forget so easily what it was like. No one was in T2 and people couldnt find groups to RvR or even do a PQ. Level 40 is easily do-able and you get to play your 40 all over the maps instead of being limited to just Tier 4. Like Lesti said.. Last night in Barak Varr was mental. Hammer and Anvil tactics all over the map with the battle going both ways for hours on end.

Keep up the good work!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance