Recent Topics

Ads

Which talisman for which class?

Let's talk about... everything else
bichka

Re: Which talisman for which class?

Post#21 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Avici wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:07 pm Tanks need armor talismans. People who say that tanks already have enough armor... Clearly have no idea. There is never enough armor. Armor debuffs, WS stacking, skills that partially ignore armor - all this means that your mitigation almost never reaches the 75% cap, so any point invested into armor pays for itself.
tanks is usually last target to hit, if there nothing worth to kill but tanks - armor don't save you. WE/WH is your pain and they don't care about your expansive armor talis. Same for Sorcs/BWs.

lot of good groups runs with FO, 2h and they don't die. Or die last. Anyway even 1k more armor doesn't make you better while you already have about 6k.

Ads
Ramasee

Post#22 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:59 pm

This thread has so much misinformation in it. I guess I'll start from the beginning and head down.

First off to the OP, at low level you can pretty much stick to str/bal/int/will/tough for the classes whose primary stat that is. Unless you are trying to min/max and twink a specific toon at a specific level bracket. If you are looking for that, we are going to need a more precise question.

If you are only stacking wounds even in large scale combat, your healers hate you (even if they do not know it). Stacking wounds is one of the poorest ways to increase effective health unless you already have decent mitigation. That said, wounds are the only thing that save you from a properly timed morale dump.

Willpower is great on PvE healers. It also has a place in rvr healers as long as you are in an environment that allows you to maintain the proper positioning so that you aren't getting hit much. But that is definitely for more experience pvpers.

"The reason I say that it's better to spread your investment out, is because the more you invest in any one skill, the less efficient it becomes." Not by a whole lot unless you hit a hardcap; and also only true of % modifiers and avoidance.

"It's hard to go wrong just plastering armor talismans on every class. Magic damage can't get past 40% resistance and even then just about every single one of them has some ability to completely tank your resistance via a debuff, so there isn't too much point in resistance talismans " The debuffs just nullify the value from your buffs. If you had 41% spirit resistance before the knight buff, you will still have 41% (close to it) spirit resistance after a sorc debuff.
ALSO order benefits alot less from stacking armor than destro does (witch elves ignore it, marauders ignore ~80% of it, only one phy rdps (and st), tanks don't do much aoe) . So you can 100% in fact go wrong with plastering armor depending on what class compositions you are fighting and environment.

"There is never enough armor. Armor debuffs, WS stacking, skills that partially ignore armor - all this means that your mitigation almost never reaches the 75% cap, so any point invested into armor pays for itself."
Depending on how much of each of those your opponents have, points invested into more armor can be worth less than those points invested into a different form of mitigation/avoidance

Ramasee

Post#23 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:18 am

Did a quick comparison on my patented spreadsheet with a base set of stats, then 7 ini talisman (which is WAY too much initiative), 7 armor talismans, 7 wounds talismans, 2/2/2 resistance talsimans, and threw in a futile strikes and deftdefender/reflexes one just for shits and giggles.
You can see the difference in effective hp (which is hp after taking mitigation into account) as well as healing modifer (how much a heal is actually worth to you thanks to your mitigation)

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:42 am

Wounds is that stat you can never go wrong with.
It works against every single attack type, including guard damage.

szejoza

Post#25 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 am

Ramasee wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:18 am spreadsheet
any chance of seeing how toughness looks like compared to the rest?
Spoiler:

Ramasee

Post#26 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:20 pm

Toughness is something I haven't done in the spreadsheet. Toughness's mitigation comes reducing the ability's damage before any other mitigation at the same modifier as the ability's str/bal/int modifier. (Usually it is toughness/5 * cast time, for single target abilities, and not always either)

Which means toughness works differently versus each ability in the game. This makes it an exceptionally long process (and I would have to have every class in the game at r40 to test its modifiers and base damage) in order to spreadsheet.

szejoza

Post#27 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:25 pm

Aight, thanks for response, just as I thought toughness might be harder to grasp and showcase its usefulness
Spoiler:

Telperien

Post#28 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Ramasee wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:20 pm spreadsheet
I`m sorry i`m bad with spreadsheets, in other words, what dps should stack as defensive stat? mSW particular, but general conclusion would do as well:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Ads