Recent Topics

Ads

WH vs. WE

Let's talk about... everything else
Mystry
Suspended

Re: WH vs. WE

Post#11 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 am

I've honestly always seem them at about equal, but the overall atmosphere of Order (lack of true healers, MANY dps tanks who don't guard) makes WE significantly better in practice.

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:03 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:30 am BAL needs target to face away so its basicly undefendeble unless applied with FP.
A Squig herder parried my BAL yesterday. He was on the floor after being pistol whipped. True story.

repel
Game Artist

Post#13 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:04 am

ofc WH is better after CW was removed. opener>BAL>self punt = easymode= game for pro gamers
Apache SH

roadkillrobin

Post#14 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:11 am

Twohandernoob wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:03 am
roadkillrobin wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:30 am BAL needs target to face away so its basicly undefendeble unless applied with FP.
A Squig herder parried my BAL yesterday. He was on the floor after being pistol whipped. True story.
Yes I know, but thats a bug AFAIK. Parry stops being a cone and becomes 360 when knocked down.
All evasion skills should be 0 when kd or stunned when working as intended IIRC.

bichka

Post#15 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:15 am

Mystry wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 am I've honestly always seem them at about equal, but the overall atmosphere of Order (lack of true healers, MANY dps tanks who don't guard) makes WE significantly better in practice.
This make me laugh. I even switched side from destro to order, because in scs there usually at least 1-2 healing healer, while destro full of dps.

Situation with tanks is pretty much similar. There almost no tanks in pugs which is will to guard and follow. Usually any pug tank putting guard on you and don't care whole sc about you. His job is "done". Support, challenge, M1, M4 - WTF is this :mrgreen: ? Let's spam raze and loldps auras if you are kobts/chosen.

Orontes

Post#16 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:59 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:28 pm WH has undefendable BurnAwayLies for good burst, wears pointy hats. Witch Elf has lots of spikes and shows more skin.

Many Witch Elves run the Frenzied Mayhem tactic so they get more critical rate and avoid finishers. Meanwhile Witch Hunters kinda need to use finishers to get their Bullet procs out, meaning either Abso spam or bursting down gobbos with BaL. Both classes kinda have to run the right tree for Heartseeker/Pistolwhip Knockdowns and the 7point critical damage increaser tactic.
Goblin pets might smell a stealthed WH, same goes with White Lion pets smelling a stealthed WE because they reek of blood or something.
Both classes suffer somewhat from mobility issues, AE/DA are good for punting yourself away but the rest of the mdps have Charge which is better for actually chasing down targets.

Atm I'd say WH is slightly better off, due to undefendable BAL and WE finishers all feeling somewhat meh. Then there is the question of stuff like Subju weapons, with WE having access to 1 dmg proc and WH getting double dmg procs out. And some extra annoyances like WL pets sniffing at you breaking stealth or BWs ignoring your Disrupt Elixir, but I guess WHs suffer from the sneaky goblins as much due to their RunAway speed procs. And apparently WE Kiss procs were ninjanerfed and now have ICD.

Both classes can kill things, and with proper group can kill lot of things. Neither of them has a long life expectancy due to having light armour and facing medium armoured or heavy armoured frontline classes, but that's how its always been, less armor means more dmg, well, in most class cases. (only a special snowflake medium armoured class can get better burst than a well played WE/WH)
Thank you for the thoughtful post. Very interesting.

anarchypark

Post#17 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:54 pm

you can see who's destro and who's order.
well i think WE better. :o
easy to spec and use. less penalty for mistakes. spam crit backstab.
WH have more variety spec i think.
i'm noob stealther. you can ignore my opinions.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Spierron

Post#18 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:24 pm

both are perfect for solo, small/full grp.
They don't need a high rr to use many build with different tactic setup as well as many gear/weapon are available to help you against each class.

knowledge of all class is needed but you will learn it every time you die/kill.

ps: always have a good potion stock !

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#19 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Well, kinda even matchup. You shouldn't look at the stuff these classes bring in isolation, as Robin hinted at...e.g.:

Max haste stack WE, with SS and GSI (Choppa), should still be hilarious (even with ICD in kisses).
A (competent) WH with pocket IB = pure gold.

Yadayada.
Spoiler:
In times long, long gone, I'd have blindly picked WE; bikini, AA/double hit finisher and styles + procs (sorc, 2x DoK, kisses + WB), burst. < that is with all the really fancy stuff not even taken into account. WE was heavily changed during live.
E: Emphasis were it's due.

bichka

Post#20 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:19 pm

as i remember annihilator set for WE/WH on live had armor debuff proc for full set. why it was nerfed here?