Recent Topics

Ads

New lord too easy to abuse for crossrealmers

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Re: New lord too easy to abuse for crossrealmers

Post#51 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:27 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 am there were PvD when lord die too fast.
Defenders gave up to form grp, aiming next zone, abandoning current one.
100aao both door down? it was too late to head to keep.

thx to lord fight, now PvP is guaranteed.
there are plenty of time to counter attack.
few losers still refuse to fight for 'don't feed them'. except that RvR is much better.
and reset is fixed.

keep lord is mechanic for more PvP.
call it PvE means you don't know game.
I humbly disagree. I think your scenario above is how it should play out, but not how it currently does. Currently it's incredibly easy to wipe attackers on the lord, even with upwards of 60 aao. There have been plenty of times we've shoved the enemy around all zone just to get wiped on the lord after their 6th push because they were finally able to amass enough organization after 20min of PVL. So, yes, it turns out to be great PVP, but only for defenders. I have trust that the changes coming down the pipeline are in the right direction.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
merfp27

Post#52 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:56 pm

Any chance of just making keep sieges work how they did in DAOC?
PC defenders are the castles main line of defense. Once they wipe, that’s pretty much it. Lord goes down in a few min, keep respawns, doors go back up, new lord pops. No getting four, five, and six chances to come back.
However, if the attackers just decide to zerg the lord without dealing with the defenders, kill the lord and then wipe to the players inside,they can just kill the new enemy lord easily and reclaim the recently respawned keep. Attackers would have to go thru the whole seige again, making it unwise to just zerg the lord, without dealing with the players inside first.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#53 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 pm

I don't see any pros of that system, so no.

anarchypark

Post#54 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:55 am

dansari wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:27 pm
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 am there were PvD when lord die too fast.
Defenders gave up to form grp, aiming next zone, abandoning current one.
100aao both door down? it was too late to head to keep.

thx to lord fight, now PvP is guaranteed.
there are plenty of time to counter attack.
few losers still refuse to fight for 'don't feed them'. except that RvR is much better.
and reset is fixed.

keep lord is mechanic for more PvP.
call it PvE means you don't know game.
I humbly disagree. I think your scenario above is how it should play out, but not how it currently does. Currently it's incredibly easy to wipe attackers on the lord, even with upwards of 60 aao. There have been plenty of times we've shoved the enemy around all zone just to get wiped on the lord after their 6th push because they were finally able to amass enough organization after 20min of PVL. So, yes, it turns out to be great PVP, but only for defenders. I have trust that the changes coming down the pipeline are in the right direction.
I would say attacking keep requires high level of skills, communications and dedicated players.
It's end contents like raid.
too many alts, afk, leeching = fail.
easy lord means mindless zerg at the keep. you can't reward them.
so many ppl still go easy mode when lord fight starts. although it's signal of big inc.

It's true i haven't seen successful attack in even numbers while many defences were made with 20~60 aao.
maybe defenders are more determined, they gathered against all odd.

I think premade WB can make it possible to kill lord in even number.
but they only play bomb?
there is almost always big wb fight at the keep. and reset is fixed. i hope they play campaign.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

dansari

Post#55 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:57 pm

No. It's honestly not that the defenders "gathered together against all odds to defeat their foes"

It's incredibly easy to operate when one side is immobile and the other is mobile. If you're on the Lord, any pug player getting killed outside the keep or on the bottom floor is less bodies that you can effectively rez when being pressured. Likewise, your AOE abilities are much more effective against attackers than theirs because your forces can split between three sides: small stair, big platform, and balcony, whereas the attackers are in one location, with a Lord on them consistently killing main tanks or just doing AOE to all groups.
<Salt Factory>

Dabbart

Post#56 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:10 pm

dansari wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:57 pm No. It's honestly not that the defenders "gathered together against all odds to defeat their foes"

It's incredibly easy to operate when one side is immobile and the other is mobile. If you're on the Lord, any pug player getting killed outside the keep or on the bottom floor is less bodies that you can effectively rez when being pressured. Likewise, your AOE abilities are much more effective against attackers than theirs because your forces can split between three sides: small stair, big platform, and balcony, whereas the attackers are in one location, with a Lord on them consistently killing main tanks or just doing AOE to all groups.
Could be even more so now. Defenders take all 4BOs somewhat coordinated alongside a push, that Lord is now doing 200% damage and regening quickly...

I kind of like it though. Coordinate or fail. Work alongside your realm and across groups, or get farmed. We’ll see how it turns out.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

dansari

Post#57 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Dabbart wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:10 pm
dansari wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:57 pm No. It's honestly not that the defenders "gathered together against all odds to defeat their foes"

Could be even more so now. Defenders take all 4BOs somewhat coordinated alongside a push, that Lord is now doing 200% damage and regening quickly...

I kind of like it though. Coordinate or fail. Work alongside your realm and across groups, or get farmed. We’ll see how it turns out.
Totally agree. Will need to have more coordinated, solid gank squads to hold BOs now. May be less focus on zerging lord and more about organizing whole zone
<Salt Factory>