<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
CoffeeForAll

Re: New lord too easy to abuse for crossrealmers

Post#12 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:14 am

I have been aggroing the lord a lot on my healer as of late. And that is without using aoe heals or overhealing much, while also detaunting all the time and slotting the subtlety tactic. It seems to me, that it would be rather easy to steal the aggro and drag him downstairs. The trick would obviously be to make him aoe down there, and not immediatly run back up.

Edit: On the phone spelling

rrrutsss

Post#13 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:26 am

I think lord should attack you as soon as you step in the keep. Its his keep and you are invading it.
That way people will need to have some kind of plan allways as to who takes the lord and who defends. So everyone just cant sit and defend like usually.

RuffRyder

Post#14 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:27 am

In my experience, the latest changes to lord mechanics led to fewer resets with some insta-deaths, but same problem with both the old and new system is, if 3, 4, 5 wbs are inside the keep the chance of a reset is just higher, which doesn't surprise me tbh. No mechanic will change this and no dev can avoid all ppl's mistakes, that's just not their duty.

But on topic: If you are really sure that one single player logged between both realms - and for that you should 100% know his chars on both sides and can proof it with video material etc. - to intentionally reset the lord and/or making him help to wipe your groups - which is the harder part - then an action should be taken against it. Personally I doubt it, but wasn't there it seems.

Many x-realm talks are just silly excuses, not offending you but it's boring to read every now and then. Don't let it break your fun while playing, there always something else to do, if you don't enjoy e.g. a keep take.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#15 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 am

CoffeeForAll wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:14 am I have been aggroing the lord a lot on my healer as of late. And that is without using aoe heals or overhealing much, while also detaunting all the time and slotting the subtlety tactic. It seems to me, that it would be rather easy to steal the aggro and drag him downstairs. The trick would obviously be to make him aoe down there, and not immediatly run back up.

Edit: On the phone spelling

You haven't aggro the lord any more than for the past 6 months.

Foomy44

Post#16 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 am

daniilpb wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:06 am We need some tinfoil hats to shield the brain from x-realm influences
I am usually the person arguing that xrealming is great exaggerated, I honestly don't think too many people are switching sides after playing for an hour and losing their bag roll. This however is just stupid obvious, it's the same guild waiting outside postern everytime, and the first time I saw it happen we had been downstairs at least 5 minutes without pulling the lord once and no strong pushes from order, then suddenly lord is downstairs and 1-2 seconds later order pours through the postern. This last time I saw the guild outside postern, knew it was coming, watched the staircase, and exactly what I expected to happen happened. Of course I have no way of proving the guy is cross realming, how could I possibly do this, what evidence could I have against another destro player that he's colluding with order? Just seems like an issue to me, it's extremely unfun and if devs allow it to happen then it basically becomes the new meta in any close fight @ keep once doors come down for anyone willing to do it.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

catholicism198

Post#17 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:44 am

Foomy44 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 am
daniilpb wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:06 am We need some tinfoil hats to shield the brain from x-realm influences
I am usually the person arguing that xrealming is great exaggerated, I honestly don't think too many people are switching sides after playing for an hour and losing their bag roll. This however is just stupid obvious, it's the same guild waiting outside postern everytime, and the first time I saw it happen we had been downstairs at least 5 minutes without pulling the lord once and no strong pushes from order, then suddenly lord is downstairs and 1-2 seconds later order pours through the postern. This last time I saw the guild outside postern, knew it was coming, watched the staircase, and exactly what I expected to happen happened. Of course I have no way of proving the guy is cross realming, how could I possibly do this, what evidence could I have against another destro player that he's colluding with order? Just seems like an issue to me, it's extremely unfun and if devs allow it to happen then it basically becomes the new meta in any close fight @ keep once doors come down for anyone willing to do it.
Record it and send it to Wargrimnir.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#18 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:51 am

Foomy44 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 am

What new meta?

1) Clear the keep
2) Tank the lord at middle floor
3) ????
4) Profit

The main issue here is that you chose not to fight the lord and hold aggro on him. Someone doing stupid stuff is an afterthought to your refusal of playing the objective.

(Where you /your / yours - the realm you are on)

Ads
darude83
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

Slightly offtopic, but keep lords are horrible and have to go. They are boring, buggy and lame. Every new iteration brings new problems.

Keep defense should be entirely pvp. Use the champ mechanic from the city sieges on live, 4 of the highest rr deffers should become champ (keep lords), and buffed scaled to the aao bonus of the deffers.

That would be great fun for everyone.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Hargrim
Developer

Post#20 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:54 am

darude83 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am Slightly offtopic, but keep lords are horrible and have to go. They are boring, buggy and lame. Every new iteration brings new problems.

Keep defense should me entirely pvp. Use the champ mechanic from the city sieges on live, 4 of the highest rr deffers should become champ (keep lords), and buffed scaled to the aao bonus of the deffers.

That would be great fun for everyone.

That's the most boring, useless and lame feedback I've read in some time. Good job.