Recent Topics

Ads

People Never Learn

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: People Never Learn

Post#21 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:39 am

The "problem" has always been that people view a numbers imbalance as a problem.

Its a game and losing all of the time sucks, I get that. But in what world is warfare always even?

If the RvR lake balance is getting you down, do some scenarios.

3 factions might help a little bit, but I think its more to do with the way players percieve it. Its easier to tolerate 1 side always winning than it is to be on the 1 group thats always losing.

I think this game was designed pretty well. Its more the average player that is the problem. You have to be someone who is willing to try and win even when the odds are heavily against you to enjoy a game like this all the time.

Personally I would get bored if it was easy all of the time.

In my view the game could be designed in a way that would make it possible for a smaller well played force to take on a larger force, but that is a risky venture. What happens when the well played force ends up being the larger force? It would cause the smaller force to feel even more oppressed.

Overall the balance on this server is actually pretty good, it swings both ways. Lots of live servers werent that lucky and were constantly imbalanced for one side only.

tldr The best moments in this game are when you win when you should have lost. Keep trying or do something else, but dont sit around and worry about how the odds are against you.

Ads
Elftwin95

Post#22 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:28 am

Oldplayer, thank you for those kind words, rolled Order from the start and have stood against the darkness ever since 😊
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Spoosh
Suspended

Post#23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:46 am

OldPlayer wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 pm Population changes over time as Natherul has mentioned.

Choosing Order is to become a Hero facing impossible odds, inevitable doom and unimaginably cruel fate. Embrace your choice with pride and remember that you were on the right side when you will be dying under uncaring tentacles of Servants of Darkness.
-Impossible odds:
As an EU player, oder zergs the lakes daily and pug sc is just a nightmare as destro during prime time. Also alpha tanks, true aoe damage king, that healer that just get stronger when you attack him, snipers, etc.
-Inevitable doom:
Are you talking about that slayer AoE attack with 100% parry/block striketrough?
-Unimaginably cruel fate
Hello Burn away lies, hello coordinated strike, hello festering arrow. But those are actally nice deadly things, if you get caugh by the inquisition they will destroy your very soul for their own pleasure before putting you to death.

Yeah... Empire must be the hero of this game...

dansari

Post#24 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 am

Aww you forgot double init debuff, burn through, flashfire, blurring shock, pounce, nerfed pounce, crit buffs, nerfed crit buffs, solar flare, AM morale pump.........
<Salt Factory>