Recent Topics

Ads

How is the WL after the patch?

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: How is the WL after the patch?

Post#101 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 am

A def mrd does about same dmg as guardian wl and both have best of archetype cc. (both likely have same-ish off stats, tooltips, gear tbh).

However add the 800-1k aa from pet + abilities and there is a signifficant diff in dmg output. Def mrds sure can be twice as tanky though no question about it.

Kill the pet? Waiting for some vids of ppl doing this outside of regen tanks / lifetaps / def mrders, and vs non-noname wl. (Tried it on def chp and it was very hard plus now they have pet guard (as of patch).)
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Toldavf

Post#102 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Bozzax wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 am A def mrd does about same dmg as guardian wl and both have best of archetype cc. (both likely have same-ish off stats, tooltips, gear tbh).

However add the 800-1k aa from pet + abilities and there is a signifficant diff in dmg output. Def mrds sure can be tanky though no question about it.

Kill the pet? Waiting for some vids of ppl doing this outside of regen tanks / lifetaps / def mrders, and vs non-noname wl. (Tried it on def chp and it was very hard plus now they have pet guard (as of patch).)
I did try this on def mara (i know its not what you are after) all that happened was the wl re summoned in 15 seconds set it to snare and left.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Bozzax

Post#103 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Ye same, killed pets a few times vs noname wls then reverted to try kill master and detaunt pet. (Failed badly btw)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

hocico

Post#104 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:32 pm

The party of WLs feels like in video below during EU morning, storms re OP:

Click here to watch on YouTube

So many thanks for WL update!

daniilpb

Post#105 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:58 pm

I think Guardian WL should have increased cooldown on lion summon. Something like 30 seconds
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Koha

Post#106 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 pm

alusnova wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:46 pm
The Guardian spec has always been focused on the WL assisting the pet. I do not think torque made the tree stronger other than forcing WL to spec to 15 for Leonine Frenzy therefore making the pet a bit stronger but the WL loses Force Opportunity which is a huge deal but overall he has been making changes to balance the class.

The thing is people are still claiming WL are ultra OP every time they die to them which is simply not true, this is a PvP game and you will win and lose , heck I lost many fights to those unkillable Mauraders ( Bankruptcy can take on 4 and still not die) and to deftard tanks, etc ..

Mind if I ask was your tank using sword/shield and def spec or were you 2h/offensive?. I feel like most tanks that claim WL are OP are using 2h for example .
Please read the post you quote or don't quote me.
The lore of Guardian tree has been what you say. Reality is Guardian/Hunter has always been best burst 1v1 or small scale spec (not that good for group).

As for damage evaluation I already indicated armor and toughness, 2 hand or sword and shield is not gonna change anything in damage calculation (Torment in the back ?). Actually I'm running sword and shield on BG right now. My BG is a deftard every defensive stat I invest is increasing my survivability and lowering my dps.... the normal way, he's a deftard in someway. I can try to optimize min/max to get the best ratio.
Don't worry he's not dying much from WL.

My post was only ment to point out that with the new Guardian WL, you can get defense and offense at the same time : invest survivability on master you'll get rewarded with more dps on lion... not really fair, no real min/max calculation.

deftards builds can beat this Guardian, but these builds can be ignored so easily and are not bringing anything apart from forced duels.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Tesq

Post#107 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Mah look i think at first look the problem is still lhe bug nature of pet, there are too many way or cyrcustance where the pet act like "screw the rule i am a cat! And i do wtf i want".

Sometimes 70% +; parry is not sufficent to defend the pet,.....and you get hit by 4 hit in row....i mean With 70% parry in live alredy nothing could hit you frontally..... The fact that (all) pet keep screw while moving chaotically with the positioning and the arc of defense is the true issue. Aswell lthe speed tactic on wl this is what is creating most the issue and the the fact that pet can came with an inbuild additional snare.

Snare,snare, snare, pull, snare, kd etc x speed tactic

There are way too redundancy good option aswell the fact that the main problem of guardian is another one because is a fiundamental rule of mastery paths;

1-Mastery points investiment >>>>>>strenght

Investing in 1 mastery will.increase skill.dmg, this mean that by build x mastery you can still have an optimal level of dmg even if you are build defensive especially if you focus 1 or primary 1 mastery. One masteey point can increase those skill dmg fir a melee between 3-4 point basicaly 1 MP is = or slight worst that 1 str talisman.

This allow wl to my degree of understand to build super def to buff pet while still be a not bad average dps x se and put up good substain type of dmg which is what boxxax was refering maybe.

Guardian should be

Wl = tank with no dmg at all
Per = dmg + def if wl guard it

So after talk about the first problem.of mastery which is basically base game meccanic (tank guard over dps) here cames the second.

2- WL can spec a second mastery: thus increasing even.more the rotation range or support/mobility or gain access to generall class buffer like crit tactic.

Imo all these problem.need to be solve with the new guard..

->all guardin buff to pet need to work only when is guarded and all player dmg need to be reduced when the guard is applied by 50%.( Remove half dmg from pet at cost if half your dmg)

This is the only way to make it more balance and pet centric and then allow to fix/buff pet according to it. The rest are general pet balance/bug problems unrelated to guardian mastery x se.

Koha

Post#108 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:09 am

deftards stats should mean deftard dps... what else ?
pet dps should not scale with equipment...
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Ads