Recent Topics

Ads

How is the WL after the patch?

Let's talk about... everything else
Panzerkasper

Re: How is the WL after the patch?

Post#11 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:16 am

Honestly, if the devs didn't Ninja-nerf the damage output, there is no WL nerf whatsoever.
In fact its rather a buff, because you can take off some damage from the pet now wich was the only "weakness" the class had.
The main Hunter/Guardian build didn't change at all.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Toldavf

Post#12 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:29 am

Panzerkasper wrote:Honestly, if the devs didn't Ninja-nerf the damage output, there is no WL nerf whatsoever.
In fact its rather a buff, because you can take off some damage from the pet now wich was the only "weakness" the class had.
I mean technically the player should loose some dps, but the extra points in the tree mean that the pet is now as strong as possible.

I am on the fence as the the use of the guard, i mean the pet is a resource and vital to the wl's ability to dps especially in guardian but i just bring myself to want to take damage for it damage that could be potentially lethal.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Fallenkezef

Post#13 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:32 am

Toldavf wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:Honestly, if the devs didn't Ninja-nerf the damage output, there is no WL nerf whatsoever.
I mean technically the player should loose some dps, but the extra points in the tree mean that the pet is now as strong as possible.

I am on the fence as the the use of the guard, i mean the pet is a resource and vital to the wl's ability to dps especially in guardian but i just bring myself to want to take damage for it damage that could be potentially lethal.
We'll have to wait and see, give the change a week or two for data to properly collect.
Alea iacta est

Toldavf

Post#14 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 am

Fallenkezef wrote:
Toldavf wrote:

We'll have to wait and see, give the change a week or two for data to properly collect.
I agree, this is a massive change and i wouldn't expect anyone to get it 100% perfect on the first try.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Panzerkasper

Post#15 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:40 am

Toldavf wrote:

Let me tell you, from the healer perspective: Its easier to heal the player then the pet.
So i think this ability is more viable then people may think it is. But also, its a Day1 patch analysis and we will see how it turns out. The only thing I absolutly do not see is a nerf. :cry:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Fallenkezef

Post#16 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 am

Toldavf wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:
Toldavf wrote:

I agree, this is a massive change and i wouldn't expect anyone to get it 100% perfect on the first try.
The WL needed to be balanced, it was so OP 1v1 and small scale but they need a place in rvr. I think the devs are going in the right direction, identified the "cheese" spec while leaving the others and giving a valuable ability to keep the pet alive. I think the guard ability will be useful on a wb level.
Alea iacta est

Foomy44

Post#17 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:50 am

Panzerkasper wrote: The main Hunter/Guardian build didn't change at all.
And what is the main hunter/guardian build you are referring to? Cuz the one I'm familiar with and that I seem to run into the most just got too expensive to do, even at RR70.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

shaggyboomboom

Post#18 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
Toldavf wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:
The WL needed to be balanced, it was so OP 1v1 and small scale but they need a place in rvr. I think the devs are going in the right direction, identified the "cheese" spec while leaving the others and giving a valuable ability to keep the pet alive. I think the guard ability will be useful on a wb level.
OP in smallscale and 1v1? Please...

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#19 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Guardian tree never needed FO to be even remotely viable in the first place. I played my WL exactly how they changed it before the patch, without FO, and I was perfectly capable of doing 1v1s, 1v2s, 1v3s, and even a 1v4 before.

All it took was proper positioning, targeting, etc.

Valarion

Post#20 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello server, in case you havent heard its world-wide kill a White Lion month. Special loot drops and rewards will be granted for killing as many WLs as possible. The more WLs you kill the greater the rewards. Collect all 10 [White Lion Tears] and return these to Hotspec for potions, gold and trinkets.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted