Recent Topics

Ads

How is the WL after the patch?

Let's talk about... everything else
Abjured

How is the WL after the patch?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:50 am

Just started playing again and I was either going to main a BG, WL, or Marauder. I just saw that they changed a few things with the WL after the patch. Are they balanced now after the patch?

Ads
Nekkma

Re: How is the WL after the patch?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:53 am

The classic hunter/axman spec did not change. WL will still be a good and fun class to play regardless of guardian viability.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Nirawen

Post#3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:56 am

Welcome to the new RoRdestro game.....

Abjured

Post#4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:22 am

Nirawen wrote:Welcome to the new RoRdestro game.....
The changes to the guardian tree is so huge that there will be a shift in power between order and destruction? Really? Doesn't this guardian nerf make WL more balanced with Destruction DPS with Marauder?

Valfaros

Post#5 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:22 am

Well the "nerf" is only a nerf to low rr players since the needed skills now require rr70 and not rr40. Definitly nice that a guy that just hit 40 can't have all anymore but the thing that the highest mobility class still has highest burst with smallest rampup time remaines.

Additionally you might see now some people running the pet guard in a group instead of a kd. This adresses the only weakness of wl. How good that really is we will see within few weeks of testing but as said only rr70 people get to be able to play with this kind of stuff since as guardian specced wl LF is still required.

Edit. Complealy solo wl are hit by this also since you now have to give up atleast something if you want to take Baited trap and Furious mending awell.

alusnova

Post#6 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:54 am

Valfaros wrote:Well the "nerf" is only a nerf to low rr players since the needed skills now require rr70 and not rr40. Definitly nice that a guy that just hit 40 can't have all anymore but the thing that the highest mobility class still has highest burst with smallest rampup time remaines.

Additionally you might see now some people running the pet guard in a group instead of a kd. This adresses the only weakness of wl. How good that really is we will see within few weeks of testing but as said only rr70 people get to be able to play with this kind of stuff since as guardian specced wl LF is still required.

Edit. Complealy solo wl are hit by this also since you now have to give up atleast something if you want to take Baited trap and Furious mending awell.
It's a nerf and not even at RR70 you can't have LF,BP,Stalker,Pounce with FO. Basically if you want FO again you have to drop one of the Guardian abilities.

Valfaros

Post#7 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:58 am

alusnova wrote:
Valfaros wrote:Well the "nerf" is only a nerf to low rr players since the needed skills now require rr70 and not rr40. Definitly nice that a guy that just hit 40 can't have all anymore but the thing that the highest mobility class still has highest burst with smallest rampup time remaines.

It's a nerf and not even at RR70 you can't have LF,BP,Stalker,Pounce with FO. Basically if you want FO again you have to drop one of the Guardian abilities.
You are right miscounted 1 point^^ Well happens; so I guess they have to leave BP away or take it and the pet guard for the armor debuff. Seems fair.

alusnova

Post#8 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:06 am

Valfaros wrote:
alusnova wrote:

You are right miscounted 1 point^^ Well happens; so I guess they have to leave BP away or take it and the pet guard for the armor debuff. Seems fair.
The Pet guard ability I don't see anyone using it so basically a Guardian spec WL have 2 choices :

1. LF, Stalker, Pounce, FO and no Brutal Pounce.
2. LF, Stalker, Pounce, Brutal Pounce and Baited Trap no FO.

Ads
live4treasure

Post#9 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:29 am

Is there some reasoning why guardian was nerfed? I mean it was weaker in 1v1 than, for example, defensive marauder spec, which is not only a good solo roam spec but also viable in wabands, unlike WL in any spec.

Don't know, considering how much people on destro generally whine about order classes in chat and how they are a bit more vocal on forums than order, I just don't see this specific change as a fair one. I guess you could make an argument for it making guardian WL more viable in large scale rvr, but if that was the intention, then making an rvr-viable guardian spec require a player to be really high rr seems counterintuitive to that objective. I hope this is the dev's plan, and not destro players simply getting what they want because order tends to be less outspoken.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Jildaz

Post#10 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:58 am

live4treasure wrote: Don't know, considering how much people on destro generally whine about order classes in chat .
75% of Destro /3 is a whine about WL.
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81