Recent Topics

Ads

How is the WL after the patch?

Let's talk about... everything else
Koha

Re: How is the WL after the patch?

Post#31 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:10 pm
Rumpel wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:57 pm Such things shouldnt be possible.
Why? Due to RoR's incredibly varied skill levels, going 1v3 on many classes isn't just entirely possible, but happens on a regular basis.

good player + good solo class + good gear >>>>>> bad/undergeared players
''Good player'' is largely an overrated concept. Gear gap is not that big, RR points make a bigger difference on some spec/classes.
Guardian WL is a good solo class : dps/survivability ratio is very high.

Trade damage is on WL benefit if your oponent is not playing a deftard class (which you can easily ignore anyway)

As for OP, WL is still a cookie cutter easy for solo and viable in group.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Ads
Nastylicious

Post#32 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:17 pm

its just a hilarious class :) just send the pet and let it do its work and see them 600-1k crits iam loving it so far :) its almost like i never even have to use my own abilities cuz the target is ded before i can get something of :( thats just the sad part but anyhow you gonna love it

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Koha wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:10 pm
Why? Due to RoR's incredibly varied skill levels, going 1v3 on many classes isn't just entirely possible, but happens on a regular basis.

''Good player'' is largely an overrated concept. Gear gap is not that big, RR points make a bigger difference on some spec/classes.
Guardian WL is a good solo class : dps/survivability ratio is very high.

Trade damage is on WL benefit if your oponent is not playing a deftard class (which you can easily ignore anyway)

As for OP, WL is still a cookie cutter easy for solo and viable in group.

I agree with everything you said, but being a good player in RoR will net you many kills due to the prevalence of lower-skilled enemies (which, subsequently, permits regular 3/4v1s to occur - check Volgo's videos, too). Moreso than in any other game I have played, I have found RoR has a large portion of playerbase who are extremely casual/not clued up on the basics of the game (not meant in an offensive way, just observation); experienced players can capitalise immensely on this.

Rumpel

Post#34 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Solo classes?
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Nekkma

Post#35 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:56 pm

This game has always been plagued with classes/specs having maximum effect for minimum effort.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Rumpel

Post#36 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Nekkma wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:56 pm plagued with classes/specs having maximum effect for minimum effort.
That's it!
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Thought it was rather obvious, but a solo class is a class that can excel when left to their own devices due to being able to either: a) outlive the enemy; b) kill the enemy within a certain time threshold, a la before the enemy can really react: DPS AM, WH/WE, Guardian WL, 2H IB & BG, Magus, etc.

In every MMO I have ever played, there have always been those classes that excel over others in such encounters. Thankfully, RoR isn't balanced around 1v1.

alusnova

Post#38 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 pm

Nastylicious wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:17 pm its just a hilarious class :) just send the pet and let it do its work and see them 600-1k crits iam loving it so far :) its almost like i never even have to use my own abilities cuz the target is ded before i can get something of :( thats just the sad part but anyhow you gonna love it
Actually you are spreading lies, tell the truth because I send my pet he solos an entire WB. ;)

On a serious note the pet does not kill targets and you just stand and watch, sure it can kill any caster, light armor T2-T3 player in RvR but just about any r40 class can kill those players, this is no different than a WE stealthing and PA+Heart Seeker and 1 shoting them or a BW nuking , etc... but no the Pet is not going kill any R40 tank, meeles even sorcs/magus/WE by itself, in fact send your pet to target a R40 Sorc/Magus and you watch him from afar and you will get nuked. You know how we know this? read the patch notes the pet does 75% less dmg if over 65 feet, but I know what's going here you guys keep spreading the narrative that the WL still is (even after they keep getting adjusted) this OP class that can solo 3 r40 tanks, pet solos people, etc so they keep "adjusting" the class.

The reality is that the devs have made big changes to the class pet less dmg, pounce cooldown, etc and lately with the Guardian Tree change it literally takes Force Opportunity out of their builds means that their dps took a big hit. Is the class strong? sure it is but the devs have listened and have made adjustments. Now I wish WE's get a strong Finisher like BAL.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#39 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:27 pm

Nekkma wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:56 pm This game has always been plagued with classes/specs having maximum effect for minimum effort.
To be fair, they are fairly limited with regards to what they can and cannot do.
Maybe in a year or two they'll have more control over abilities so they can balance them out properly and breathe new live into any under-performing mastery- I mean they recently buffed "Git to da Choppa" making it marginally better than the original but still not nearly as great as Inevitable Doom- but it's a start.

Toldavf

Post#40 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:17 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:13 pm
Nastylicious wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:17 pm its just a hilarious class :) just send the pet and let it do its work and see them 600-1k crits iam loving it so far :) its almost like i never even have to use my own abilities cuz the target is ded before i can get something of :( thats just the sad part but anyhow you gonna love it

You cant just "send the pet", the further it is away from you, the less damage it does and one day people will get a clue and punch the pet in the face
That's a good way to get pulled if you are melee.

If you are an unprotected mdps i advise you avoid trying this.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-