Recent Topics

Ads

How is the WL after the patch?

Let's talk about... everything else
CeeJay89

Re: How is the WL after the patch?

Post#21 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Valarion wrote:Hello server, in case you havent heard its world-wide kill a White Lion month. Special loot drops and rewards will be granted for killing as many WLs as possible. The more WLs you kill the greater the rewards. Collect all 10 [White Lion Tears] and return these to Hotspec for potions, gold and trinkets.
First you have to get the hundreds of thousands of Destro tears many of us have collected...only then can you collect ours. Happy hunting!

Ads
OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#22 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:25 pm

CeeJay89 wrote:Guardian tree never needed FO to be even remotely viable in the first place. I played my WL exactly how they changed it before the patch, without FO, and I was perfectly capable of doing 1v1s, 1v2s, 1v3s, and even a 1v4 before.

All it took was proper positioning, targeting, etc.
I would like to see the video of Guardian WL perfectly capable of doing 1 vs 3-4 properly equipped and geared characters who were not AFK.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

CeeJay89

Post#23 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:34 pm

OldPlayer wrote:
CeeJay89 wrote:Guardian tree never needed FO to be even remotely viable in the first place. I played my WL exactly how they changed it before the patch, without FO, and I was perfectly capable of doing 1v1s, 1v2s, 1v3s, and even a 1v4 before.

I would like to see the video of Guardian WL perfectly capable of doing 1 vs 3-4 properly equipped and geared characters who were not AFK.
Kiting, terrain, etc. makes it possible. I'm not claiming they can sit there endlessly tanking 4 people. I'll upload my recording for you later.

4 tanks in badlands. 2x R40 BOs, and a lower level BO and BG. Granted, terrain played to my advantage otherwise I likely would have lost.

I have several other recordings of 1v2s and 1v3s. Just haven't had time to sift through hours of recordings yet.

Foomy44

Post#24 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Agreed, I've easily won plenty of fights where I was outnumbered on mine without ever specing into FO. WLs will still be very viable in small scale, the main change here hopefully is that the ones that are tanky enough to survive long drawn out fights without a healer also won't be bursting down squishies before they get a chance to react.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Spacecraft

Post#25 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:01 am

Wl still good i spec FO and Brutal pounce and its missing pounce buy im only 55 rr. Think this is a good change gaurd had toomany good things

Spacecraft

Post#26 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:02 am

Double post oops
Last edited by Spacecraft on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:08 am

Our WL, Confused, regularly did 3/4v1s on his Guardian setup versus other 40s.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#28 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:04 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Our WL, Confused, regularly did 3/4v1s on his Guardian setup versus other 40s.
I can unenthusiastically attest to this

Ads
Rumpel

Post#29 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Such things shouldnt be possible.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#30 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Rumpel wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:57 pm Such things shouldnt be possible.
Why? Due to RoR's incredibly varied skill levels, going 1v3 on many classes isn't just entirely possible, but happens on a regular basis.

good player + good solo class + good gear >>>>>> bad/undergeared players