Recent Topics

Ads

X Realm Cooldown

Let's talk about... everything else
Valarion

Re: X Realm Cooldown

Post#41 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:20 pm

At the risk of getting trolled, Im going to say that Im a professional xrealmer and I want some limited, intelligent xrealming to continue to exist. Why?

First, I want to have the ability to xrealm to the side that is losing. My mains are healers. These healers often turn the tide of battle. Turning the tide while outnumbered with good people is just about the whole damn reason I play this wonderful game. So when I see one side getting hammered I will (almost immediately) xrealm over to experienced wb commanders on that side, especially the ones that fight dirty (you know who you are).

Second, both sides do get rofl stomped hard no matter how hard you try. On those nights, Ill resort to alts in other tiers or even crafters in other realms until the dust has settled. So if you nuke xrealming, then at least let these useful aspects of it continue.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Tirien27

Post#42 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Something has to be done, sure. A few hours to switch, but not for the side that needs it.
Surely something can be done about it, it does show when you play the game, and it is not annoying, it is gamebreaking.

mogt

Post#43 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:07 pm
bichka wrote:>Checking MAC adress is not possible with actual launcher.
-lol, it's can be changed
-there can be lot of network interfaces including dynamic ones. vpn/virtual machines, gl to find out which is actually used.
-changing broken NIC = X-Realmer?
and finally your MAC address have any value only in local collision domain. i.e. to closest router of your ISP and not visible for anyone outside.
Aside from the many different ways you can change your own values, these things will be tied to any account you log into for comparison purposes. If someone changes MAC address values more often than their underwear, yeah, you might be flagged as a cheater. We can check pretty much anything your OS provides, given time and inclination to do so. It's not hard to tell if someone is running a VM, or WINE on Linux, or playing from a cloud PC, or connecting from a VPN. At a certain point it's going to be more cumbersome for the people trying to hide than it is for us to track them down. We have the luxury of automation, a database to store and compare, and the complete lack of empathy for smashing people that raise too many red flags at the same time.

not many players no how change the mac adress, and if you make a mistake with this, you can destroy your network and then it is not easy to fix this. the question is, why the players, want do that, because they want hoing the easiest way, they think, what is the minimalize thing what i can do, for getting the biggest.

many players dont switch to the outnumberd side, the players switch to the winner side, for more rewards etc, and that is the problem, from the players, many problems are the players themselves, because they want all. for doing nothing, and that is false, if you want, rr, or better rewards, then ight, but at the moment the players think, "yeah we can switch the side, then we can get more rewards, and then they do it" i am sure, the devs, have a plan to prevent this, and then the players miist learn how it is, to learn to fight. and not goimg the way to egoistic

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#44 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:15 am

Valarion wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:20 pm At the risk of getting trolled, Im going to say that Im a professional xrealmer and I want some limited, intelligent xrealming to continue to exist.
Thats exactly the plan.

peterthepan3

Post#45 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:06 am

Do we actually have conclusive proof that people are xrealming en masse deliberately to avoid fights and to enjoy the zerging side, or is it just a hunch?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#46 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:06 am Do we actually have conclusive proof that people are xrealming en masse deliberately to avoid fights and to enjoy the zerging side, or is it just a hunch?

Do we actually have conclusive proof that people are not xrealming en masse deliberately to avoid fights and to enjoy the zerging side, or is it just a hunch?

peterthepan3

Post#47 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:06 am Do we actually have conclusive proof that people are xrealming en masse deliberately to avoid fights and to enjoy the zerging side, or is it just a hunch?

Do we actually have conclusive proof that people are not xrealming en masse deliberately to avoid fights and to enjoy the zerging side, or is it just a hunch?
The burden of proof is on those who are making the claim, I.e. that people are xrealming en masse, which is having an adverse effect on the game.

How do we know it's not simply a case of one side having more than the other at a given moment , or more order feeling sleepy than destro? etc

Acidic

Post#48 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 am
Hargrim wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 am

The burden of proof is on those who are making the claim, I.e. that people are xrealming en masse, which is having an adverse effect on the game.

How do we know it's not simply a case of one side having more than the other at a given moment , or more order feeling sleepy than destro? etc
Well it is impossible for players to get this proof as all players can do is see the total number in a zone on each side. To get this proof you need At the very least accounts so you could track accounts logging from one side to the other. That is the only proof.
Number changes can easily be argued (might even be true) that losing side just log out cos it’s not interesting and winning side people move into rvr zone to get benefit .

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#49 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:51 am

There is no proof beyond doubt here, so asking for one is pointless. Putting prevention measures in place won't affect players who do not engage in so called xrealming. What's really to discuss here?

Lileldys

Post#50 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 am

I'm going to say that the % of people who cross realm to the winning side is very low after a wipe at a keep siege. Sure people log off, warbands disband, but thats always been in the game since early live.

Its not like you swing from destro having 20-40% AAO to order with 100% AAO with everyone logging their destro toons after an unsuccessful keep siege.