Recent Topics

Ads

X Realm Cooldown

Let's talk about... everything else
swilkers808

X Realm Cooldown

Post#1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:21 am

It would be nice to implement a CD on an account once RVR has been initiated to keep players from just simply "switching to the winning side" every ten minutes. Since there is not another server to segregate the population, this would really be the only way to prevent this action. Just make the player unavailable to RVR if they change sides for 60-120 minutes. This would also help alleviate the "We have an X-realmer spy resetting the Lord" conspiracies.
In life, you can be the hammer or the nail. I prefer the hammer.

Ads
catholicism198

Re: X Realm Cooldown

Post#2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:28 am

Yardy

Post#3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:31 am

We did have a guy in our WB yesterday in Black Crag who really seemed like a Order spy. A level 16 Sorc pumping our WB leader to spawn a ram and push for another failed keep siege, even though we had 20% aao and the other Destro WB leader said he will not help us in a siege, and that it will be destined to fail..... once our WB leader got hyped up enough she spawned a Ram, and then this instigater character said they had to go and wished us luck..... it did look and sound very suspicious. (to be honest they were very good at convincing us to do the doomed attack, must be a politician or something)
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#4 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:35 am

Ask yourself :

"Why isn't it already done since years ?"

Got it? :)

Yardy

Post#5 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:48 am

I'm sure the influx of second accounts will rise. So a cooldown wont really work
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

adamthelc

Post#6 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 am

Never really understood why the idea of crossrealming bothers people.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:40 am

adamthelc wrote:Never really understood why the idea of crossrealming bothers people.
Well, think about it for a while and you will know.

adamthelc

Post#8 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:36 am

You misunderstood my point, probably because I wasnt clear. I understand what the complaints are, I just dont know why people are so worried about those things.

Im not advocating it, its not something I do personally.

A "spy"? I kind of like that, it adds an element of realism. You dont think a dark elf, could go undercover as a high elf to get information?

Someone trying to bug out a lord, or taunt a fort lord back in the day? Yeah thats kind of a dbag move, but an Ahole on your own realm can do the same thing. Seems like a flaw in the design of a lord more than a problem in cross realming.

Someone who just wants to switch to winning side? Not the way I would play but it doesnt bother me.

But the real reason is its just a game. Takes a high level of taking the game too seriously to get so worked up about it.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:39 am

As this is a game it needs some rules and environment where those rules are enforced, otherwise you can go and play with sticks or some kind of pretend.

Switching to winning side is unwanted behavior because it cause cascade of other issues. The rest of points you mentioned are minor compared to this one.

Fallenkezef

Post#10 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 am

May I suggest returning the loot bonus on aao for losing side?

That may alleviate some of the issue
Alea iacta est