Recent Topics

Ads

Gunbad, Glomp Da Squig

Let's talk about... everything else
Greenbeast

Re: Gunbad, Glomp Da Squig

Post#11 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm

xoonerfree wrote:I gave you a step-by-step on how to kill it. What more do you want? In my opinion the left wing boss is difficult for any group sub rr50, maybe with one lowbie you're fine. Again, in my opinion. I did not design this boss. I tend to agree with you that the boss is a little difficult and would lean toward giving pugs a break especially considering the amount of trash mobs required. If it weren't for the 200 essences you can get from the greens in the dungeon the trash mobs would be almost pointless -- someone enlighten me. Have you seen a purple seed drop? That's probably the best reward in the dungeon, if they even exist. Some classes like the sets and find them competitive with all other sets.

Also, your screen shot shows someone constantly out of action points, where it says not enough action points. I would recommend having your classes respec into AP boosting abilities/gear.

Best of luck.
Im appreciative for your answer. You gave us some points about this encounter and we will try it later this week. Excuse me if my words have offended you in any way I have not meant it.

Ads
xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#12 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Greenbeast wrote:
xoonerfree wrote:I gave you a step-by-step on how to kill it. What more do you want? In my opinion the left wing boss is difficult for any group sub rr50, maybe with one lowbie you're fine. Again, in my opinion. I did not design this boss. I tend to agree with you that the boss is a little difficult and would lean toward giving pugs a break especially considering the amount of trash mobs required. If it weren't for the 200 essences you can get from the greens in the dungeon the trash mobs would be almost pointless -- someone enlighten me. Have you seen a purple seed drop? That's probably the best reward in the dungeon, if they even exist. Some classes like the sets and find them competitive with all other sets.

Also, your screen shot shows someone constantly out of action points, where it says not enough action points. I would recommend having your classes respec into AP boosting abilities/gear.

Best of luck.
Im appreciative for your answer. You gave us some points about this encounter and we will try it later this week. Excuse me if my words have offended you in any way I have not meant it.
You didn't at all.

nelsonus

Post#13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:37 pm

My group has ran mid-wing twice now with no purple seeds dropping. We also killed the spider mini-boss but no purple seed either.

The dungeon is fun, dev's did a great job.
It's tough to learn the mechanics in NA. My delay is just enough to be frustrating that I don't know the timing of abilities to figure out the mechanics. Also the puddle abilities get a headstart on me, same with the adds.
Nothing to be done about that though, I am just waiting for more info from the people running it to learn the mechanics.
Racta - black orc

Hargrim
Developer

Post#14 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 pm

nelsonus wrote:My group has ran mid-wing twice now with no purple seeds dropping. We also killed the spider mini-boss but no purple seed either.

The dungeon is fun, dev's did a great job.
It's tough to learn the mechanics in NA. My delay is just enough to be frustrating that I don't know the timing of abilities to figure out the mechanics. Also the puddle abilities get a headstart on me, same with the adds.
Nothing to be done about that though, I am just waiting for more info from the people running it to learn the mechanics.
There are clues scattered around the dungeon, you might want to go and read all that pointless junk we wrote.

bwdaWAR

Post#15 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:47 am

This reminds me of a droll story.
Spoiler:

nelsonus

Post#16 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:10 am

@Hargrim Hmm, interesting. There's a lot of mushrooms and other random selectable stuff around the dungeon, but nothing occurs when I interact with it.
Mind giving a hint for what to look for?
Racta - black orc

Hargrim
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:40 am

Quest chains text and some GOs description when you hover over them are clues too.

repel
Game Artist

Post#18 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239356312##

successful try from 33 min
Apache SH

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#19 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 pm

NIce try ! I had a lot of fun designing this boss mechanics . Read bubble speech and as Hargrim said , look for clues :)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer