Recent Topics

Ads

Legalized multiboxing please?

Let's talk about... everything else
Arena

Legalized multiboxing please?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Can i use 2 accounts to record a videos? If i will not engage in any pvp fight or gain any kind of profit from it, will it be anyway consider as a violation of server rules? I want to make few shots for my farewell vodeo and it will be hard, and impossible in some cases, to do this using only one account. I can do it inside only unactive at a time rvr areas and in pve places.

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Legalized multiboxing please?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:04 pm

If it’s a farewell video what’s the problem?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Toldavf

Post#3 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Why not have a friend or guildhall do it for you? Less hassle for all involved if you can manage like that.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Arena wrote:Can i use 2 accounts to record a videos? If i will not engage in any pvp fight or gain any kind of profit from it, will it be anyway consider as a violation of server rules? I want to make few shots for my farewell vodeo and it will be hard, and impossible in some cases, to do this using only one account. I can do it inside only unactive at a time rvr areas and in pve places.
If you're making a farewell video and we catch you on two accounts at the same time, you can even get a view from the moon.

Get a friend.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Arena

Post#5 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm

wargrimnir wrote:If you're making a farewell video and we catch you on two accounts at the same time, you can even get a view from the moon.
Get a friend.
I want to make a shot of 3rd person view of my character. Is it will be okay if I ask a friend to log into my character and I shoot him from another account? As i understand it isn't allowed to share accounts.
I mean come on, it's a video shooting, not cheat to gain something ingame, jeez.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Arena wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:If you're making a farewell video and we catch you on two accounts at the same time, you can even get a view from the moon.
Get a friend.
I want to make a shot of 3rd person view of my character. Is it will be okay if I ask a friend to log into my character and I shoot him from another account? As i understand it isn't allowed to share accounts.
I mean come on, it's a video shooting, not cheat to gain something ingame, jeez.
Bending the rules so you can post a "I'm quitting" video isn't really something I'm overly concerned with.

Arena

Post#7 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:24 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Bending the rules so you can post a "I'm quitting" video isn't really something I'm overly concerned with.
It's not "I'm quitting video", it's tribute video about character i didn't play anymore. I still play another few though.
And i not try to bend the rules. I pretty sure you not make them up to stop people from shooting videos. On the contrary you gain profit from videos in form of new people on server, like free commercials. So this is refinement of rules, not changing or avoiding them.
So, i helped you whatever i could before. Can you help me with explanation of rules about not being cheater if just shooting videos without collecting or gaining anything ingame? Or the rules is against videos? :lol:

Dabbart

Post#8 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Quick side question here. It was commented that sharing accounts isn’t allowed... since when? We’ve been using others accounts since T2. I mean, if someone breaks a rule in your account then you are still liable for it, but having someone login to your account to try out a SM before making one isn’t an offense, right?

If so, then thanks for the thread cause I didn’t know that...

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Dabbart wrote:Quick side question here. It was commented that sharing accounts isn’t allowed... since when? We’ve been using others accounts since T2. I mean, if someone breaks a rule in your account then you are still liable for it, but having someone login to your account to try out a SM before making one isn’t an offense, right?

We don't recommend sharing accounts because of that reason. It's not that hard for us to figure out who accounts belong to when shenanigans occur.

Dabbart

Post#10 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Dabbart wrote:Quick side question here. It was commented that sharing accounts isn’t allowed... since when? We’ve been using others accounts since T2. I mean, if someone breaks a rule in your account then you are still liable for it, but having someone login to your account to try out a SM before making one isn’t an offense, right?

We don't recommend sharing accounts because of that reason. It's not that hard for us to figure out who accounts belong to when shenanigans occur.

Ok, thanks for clarification.