Recent Topics

Ads

Sub-40 zone flip loot bags

Let's talk about... everything else
areanda

Re: Sub-40 zone flip loot bags

Post#21 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:51 am

To be fair not gaining the gears to survive in the open orvr +the fact bolster is insanely weak it's best from lvl 16 to 40 just pve and when ur lvl 40 try and hope for a cannon/oil poor cause u don't stand a chance .. sc' s lower lvls in between and pray for a win to get ya renown slightly up . But in the end orvr rewards are meh no gear to support and for now not much options in rvr. My prayer goes with all rank 16 to 32 cause it's hard really hard. At first I thought it would be alright and it's not that bad but I releveld other toons as well .. with group and without and were just the meat bags that fills the high levels big appetite. Something needs to be done by making the bolster stronger or give reward so after 50 times dying at least u get something that makes ur day feel better.

Ads
michela89

Post#22 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm

areanda wrote:To be fair not gaining the gears to survive in the open orvr +the fact bolster is insanely weak it's best from lvl 16 to 40 just pve and when ur lvl 40 try and hope for a cannon/oil poor cause u don't stand a chance .. sc' s lower lvls in between and pray for a win to get ya renown slightly up . But in the end orvr rewards are meh no gear to support and for now not much options in rvr. My prayer goes with all rank 16 to 32 cause it's hard really hard. At first I thought it would be alright and it's not that bad but I releveld other toons as well .. with group and without and were just the meat bags that fills the high levels big appetite. Something needs to be done by making the bolster stronger or give reward so after 50 times dying at least u get something that makes ur day feel better.
hmm nope. 16-31 is the best chance u have to fight in RvR pre-level 40 (with good gear mind you, not fresh 40). Especially when u are lvl 29-30 with Devastator gear and weapons and know how to play your class.

I was making bank with my lvl 29 to 31 toon in small scale skirmishes and ganking lvl 40s (died a lot too)
Spoiler:
Mind tho that it is also class dependant I guess, Shadow warrior / squig herders are pretty good at this, because they can kite.

32+ (not sure but I pretty much think so) is where u better go pve because the bolster doesn't give u much.
If we had lvl 16-31 bolster all the way up to lvl 40, it would be one hell of a ride.
Last edited by michela89 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fallenkezef

Post#23 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:11 pm

michela89 wrote:
areanda wrote:To be fair not gaining the gears to survive in the open orvr +the fact bolster is insanely weak it's best from lvl 16 to 40 just pve and when ur lvl 40 try and hope for a cannon/oil poor cause u don't stand a chance .. sc' s lower lvls in between and pray for a win to get ya renown slightly up . But in the end orvr rewards are meh no gear to support and for now not much options in rvr. My prayer goes with all rank 16 to 32 cause it's hard really hard. At first I thought it would be alright and it's not that bad but I releveld other toons as well .. with group and without and were just the meat bags that fills the high levels big appetite. Something needs to be done by making the bolster stronger or give reward so after 50 times dying at least u get something that makes ur day feel better.
hmm nope. 16-31 is the best chance u have to fight in RvR pre-level 40 (with good gear mind you, not fresh 40). Especially when u are lvl 29-30 with Devastator gear and weapons and know how to play your class.

I was making bank with my lvl 29 to 31 toon in small scale skirmishes and ganking lvl 40s (died a lot too)

Mind tho that it is also class dependant I guess, Shadow warrior / squig herders are pretty good at this, because they can kite.

32+ I guess (not sure but I pretty much think so) is where u better go pve because the bolster doesn't give u much. If we had lvl 16-31 bolster all the way up to lvl 40, it would be one hell of a ride.
35 to 40 is murder in the SC's
Alea iacta est

Sulorie

Post#24 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:34 pm

michela89 wrote:

Spoiler:

32+ (not sure but I pretty much think so) is where u better go pve because the bolster doesn't give u much.
If we had lvl 16-31 bolster all the way up to lvl 40, it would be one hell of a ride.
My full agreement. The lowlvl pvp experience 16-30 depends on your own player skill more than anything else.
31+ is where you become noticeably weaker and pve grinding becomes a good option. Especiall for new players to farm gold for the faster mounts and good t4 talismans.
Dying is no option.

Aurandilaz

Post#25 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:50 pm

If they wanted to make the game "newbie friendly" the SC brackets would probably be 1-15, 16-39 and 40+. Currently it's just absurd how fast some +31 people explode in Scs vs higher ranked enemy dps players. Obviously some classes explode fast even if they are above 40, but for any new players it must be somewhat demotivating to have to get from 31 to 40 all whilst getting "combat experience" versus veteran players of the game who see another lowlevel target as a fly they can quickly swat to the side before going for the juicier targets.

Maybe at 31 the bolster gives some advantage, but by rank 35 it has mostly worn off. If the player is lucky and has full Anni or Merc, they might get a soft spanking, but will still feel the lack of some abilities, tactic slot and missing renown points which would have made the fight more "fun".

Fallenkezef

Post#26 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:If they wanted to make the game "newbie friendly" the SC brackets would probably be 1-15, 16-39 and 40+. Currently it's just absurd how fast some +31 people explode in Scs vs higher ranked enemy dps players. Obviously some classes explode fast even if they are above 40, but for any new players it must be somewhat demotivating to have to get from 31 to 40 all whilst getting "combat experience" versus veteran players of the game who see another lowlevel target as a fly they can quickly swat to the side before going for the juicier targets.

Maybe at 31 the bolster gives some advantage, but by rank 35 it has mostly worn off. If the player is lucky and has full Anni or Merc, they might get a soft spanking, but will still feel the lack of some abilities, tactic slot and missing renown points which would have made the fight more "fun".
There are people whi go out of thier way to target players in low-level looking gear in SC's just for easy kills
Alea iacta est

Akalukz

Post#27 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 pm

If they could bolster 32-39 like they do 16-30 that would go a long way in evening out the transition. Especially in scenarios. I would be nice to start getting drops / tokens for the next tier 3-5 levels before you can start using them, that way you can move right into the gear.
-= Agony =-

michela89

Post#28 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: There are people whi go out of thier way to target players in low-level looking gear in SC's just for easy kills
absolutely, I noticed it a lot too when playing in t4 rvr or sc.

They go like "I probably can't kill this lvl 40, lemme just target that lvl 32 behind that rock, hidden in the bushes 540 meters away".
Last edited by michela89 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#29 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:44 pm

michela89 wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote: There are people whi go out of thier way to target players in low-level looking gear in SC's just for easy kills
absolutely I notice it a lot too when playing in t4. They go like "I probably can't kill this lvl 40, lemme just target that vl 32 who's behind that rock hidden in the bushes 540 meters away".
This is some next level dellusion.

Yeah, they should not try to win at all just because you are low level.

michela89

Post#30 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:45 pm

bloodi wrote:
michela89 wrote:
absolutely I notice it a lot too when playing in t4. They go like "I probably can't kill this lvl 40, lemme just target that vl 32 who's behind that rock hidden in the bushes 540 meters away".
This is some next level dellusion.

Yeah, they should not try to win at all just because you are low level.
red is dead as they say, but some people seems to go great lenghts to focus on lowbies.

I would rather, be it in rvr, target someone who can actually give me some decent Renown / Conq med.