Post#11 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:18 pm

Pumatouch wrote:Backing right off.
Pavlov's theory at work :)
Alea iacta est

Ads
Aurandilaz

Re: 25% RR Potions - Do They Work?

Post#12 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Kills that are shared between party members/other people are capped at 20 renown. You might see hundreds of renown if you soloing, but vast majority of kills when orvring is capped at 20 renown so the potion seems to have very minuscule effect.
Same with keep locks, its capped at 1k so potion won't help there either.
Now the hard thing to test would be whether it aids in the final zone lock score or not, though with recently smallish rewards it feels like there is extra gain at all.

Fallenkezef

Post#13 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Kills that are shared between party members/other people are capped at 20 renown. You might see hundreds of renown if you soloing, but vast majority of kills when orvring is capped at 20 renown so the potion seems to have very minuscule effect.
Same with keep locks, its capped at 1k so potion won't help there either.
Now the hard thing to test would be whether it aids in the final zone lock score or not, though with recently smallish rewards it feels like there is extra gain at all.
So what are the cap restrictions? I get some nice 3 figure kills, even got a knight kill that was worth over 1k, all while in WB
Alea iacta est

Hogtooth

Post#14 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm

I have not noticed any difference in having the RR pot. BO ticks solo or grouped are 20 RR. Scenarios I usually have the same RR as everyone else at the end except for a couple of schedule losses where I had 20 RR more than the rest. Zone flips and BO defends are harder to calculate but the RR gains for a BO defense are usually in the lower to mid 200RR.
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

Hogtooth

Post#15 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm

I have not noticed any difference in having the RR pot. BO ticks solo or grouped are 20 RR. Scenarios I usually have the same RR as everyone else at the end except for a couple of schedule losses where I had 20 RR more than the rest. Zone flips and BO defends are harder to calculate but the RR gains for a BO defense are usually in the lower to mid 200RR.
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

dansari

Post#16 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Depends on how many people are hitting the target killed, how much damage you did, and how much renown they're worth. I'm under the impression that the potions are good for scenarios, but not for rvr because of the 20pt rr rain.
<Salt Factory>

Pumatouch

Post#17 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:10 pm

The 20 RR gains not climbing is not a mystery; 20 is a minimum value gained from an actual gain lower than that. Say you get 1 renown but minimum rule ups it to 20. 25% of 1 is nothing in this equation.
Questions regarding its functions should revolve around big gains that can be measured again and again, with and without the potion. Such an environment is hard to come by, not to say illegit. Zaxx, you raised this. How do you propose we test it, given our restrictions?
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#18 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Pumatouch wrote:The 20 RR gains not climbing is not a mystery; 20 is a minimum value gained from an actual gain lower than that. Say you get 1 renown but minimum rule ups it to 20. 25% of 1 is nothing in this equation.
Questions regarding its functions should revolve around big gains that can be measured again and again, with and without the potion. Such an environment is hard to come by, not to say illegit. Zaxx, you raised this. How do you propose we test it, given our restrictions?
I can test this on dev and post some results.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#19 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Apparently it's not working with locks too.

dansari

Post#20 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Detective Hargrim, on the case!
<Salt Factory>