Ads

Liniments

Let's talk about... everything else
Miszczu5647

Re: Liniments

Post#151 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:41 pm

So much confusion here...

Liniments from butchering:
Take your butcherer and farm any mobs lvl 40 or higher. In any pleace in the world. Gathered materials give to your apothecary guy, so he can brew liniments potions.
Butchering materials for liniments are blue.

Liniments from seeds:
Take your cultivator to Gunbad and farm this dungeon. Eventually seeds will drop. Theya are bind on pick up so if you are NOT cultivator - pass it. Seeds are blue or purple. Grow your seeds into herbs. Give it to your apothecary guy and ... look above.
Blue herbs are one time use. Purple are permanent.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Ads
bichka

Post#152 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:52 pm

sorry if already asked - but liniments with wounds and melee power will be implemented or they are blocked for balance purpose?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#153 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:37 pm

bichka wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:52 pm sorry if already asked - but liniments with wounds and melee power will be implemented or they are blocked for balance purpose?
Not implemented, too much stacking of your primary stats.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Mystriss

Post#154 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 am

Miszczu5647 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:41 pm So much confusion here...

Take your butcherer and farm any mobs lvl 40 or higher. In any pleace in the world. Gathered materials give to your apothecary guy, so he can brew liniments potions.

Liniments from seeds:
Take your cultivator to Gunbad and farm this dungeon. Eventually seeds will drop. Theya are bind on pick up so if you are NOT cultivator - pass it. Seeds are blue or purple. Grow your seeds into herbs. Give it to your apothecary guy and ... look above.
Thanks for the clarification! Now I know I just have to "suffer" farming heros in Gunbad, else I can skip it \o/

(I dislike PVE...)

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#155 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:47 am

Mystriss wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 am

Liniments from seeds:
Thanks for the clarification! Now I know I just have to "suffer" farming heros in Gunbad, else I can skip it \o/

(I dislike PVE...)

I have 6/6 redeye armor and have never seen a purple seed drop in Gunbad. How are you going to farm heroes except perhaps the middle wing which has 5 heroes in first pq? And you kill them, and what's the respawn timer? What kind of farming is that where someone who has done gunbad so many times to get full set and NEVER once seen a purple seed. That's stupid stupid design of something to the point it's winning the lottery. Assuming a purple seed did drop odds are I wouldn't even get it in my group. I've asked many people if they've seen a purple seed in Gunbad and everyone says no, and I'm only asking folks who are running Gunbad.

Ultimately, the pve in the game is a fail because they're afraid to put items in pve that are better than pvp in any real way. 1% better is not better if it takes you weeks to get, not worth the effort. There's a reason the rvr players say it's ok to have pve, but the items can't be better. It's so they can ignore pve knowing they remain superior or equal. The pve will largely be ignored unless there's something for at least one major item slot that's superior -- and not superior by 1%. Yes, I know the devs are afraid of power creep.

Miszczu5647

Post#156 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:15 am

I also didn't see any purple seed yet. Heard a story from alliance mate that it droped and wasI taken by a choppafew without cultivation. But it could be a fairy tale....
But.... last time when I run left wing with my friend (butcherer+cultivator) together we obtain 96 various blue liniments potions.
Side note: in Gunbad also drops 47 lvl green items (bind on pick up) - good for salvaging. And lots of lvl 40+ champs for scavenging (200 lvl armor ingridients for example).
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#157 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Miszczu5647 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:15 am I also didn't see any purple seed yet. Heard a story from alliance mate that it droped and wasI taken by a choppafew without cultivation. But it could be a fairy tale....
But.... last time when I run left wing with my friend (butcherer+cultivator) together we obtain 96 various blue liniments potions.
Side note: in Gunbad also drops 47 lvl green items (bind on pick up) - good for salvaging. And lots of lvl 40+ champs for scavenging (200 lvl armor ingridients for example).
Exactly my point.

If the purple seed drop is 8x as rare as blues as only from heroes in Gunbad (of which there are few in Gunbad and not really farmable), then just put the 8x drop rate for purple seeds on Gunbad champs. Virtually no one is getting the purple seeds to drop, so what's the point of having it in game?

Mystriss

Post#158 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 pm

xoonerfree wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:47 am
Mystriss wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 am

Liniments from seeds:

(I dislike PVE...)

I have 6/6 redeye armor and have never seen a purple seed drop in Gunbad. How are you going to farm heroes except perhaps the middle wing which has 5 heroes in first pq? And you kill them, and what's the respawn timer? What kind of farming is that where someone who has done gunbad so many times to get full set and NEVER once seen a purple seed. That's stupid stupid design of something to the point it's winning the lottery. Assuming a purple seed did drop odds are I wouldn't even get it in my group. I've asked many people if they've seen a purple seed in Gunbad and everyone says no, and I'm only asking folks who are running Gunbad.

Ultimately, the pve in the game is a fail because they're afraid to put items in pve that are better than pvp in any real way. 1% better is not better if it takes you weeks to get, not worth the effort. There's a reason the rvr players say it's ok to have pve, but the items can't be better. It's so they can ignore pve knowing they remain superior or equal. The pve will largely be ignored unless there's something for at least one major item slot that's superior -- and not superior by 1%. Yes, I know the devs are afraid of power creep.
Awww thank you for your concerns about what I do in game. Don't you worry about me though, I have a pocket grinder who enjoys farming mobs and would be quite happy to farm Gunbad PQs regardless of abysmal drop rates. /sarc

That aside, it /was/ stated earlier that butchering is to be the "preferred method" of getting liniments in RoR anyway. The way I see it perma seeds are merely a convenience for making hybrids, rather than a must have. I guess I just don't particularly get the massive angst going on throughout this thread about perma seed drop rates. I have acquired huge piles of hybrid matts that I can't even brew up because my goldweed and gobswort are going to other potions.

Ads
zgolec

Post#159 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:23 am

Liniments gonna stack with pots like they did on live or it will be like now forever?
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#160 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:42 am

zgolec wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:23 am Liniments gonna stack with pots like they did on live or it will be like now forever?

Haha.

No, they won't stack.