Ads

Gunbad !!

Let's talk about... everything else
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Gunbad !!

Post#51 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pm

bloodi wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:04 pm
Hargrim wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:38 pm90 minutes is the minimum amount of time per wing we are looking for.
Thats the amount of time a Raid requires in other games like WoW. And if that does not paint the picture most guilds in it will requires you to be 2-3 hours at most during said raids on progression nights.

So you are asking for 4,5 hours for a 6 man dungeon, that will just attune us for the next one. And you wonder why no one wants to do Gunbad at all?

You can make things "hard" without making them take ages to do, 90 minutes for each wing at minimum is crazy stuff, how does it taking so long and having to fight so much trash mobs just to activate the pqs make it any more fun or better?
How long would you suggest per wing ? (As I said , objective count and mob difficulty has been adjusted recently)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Ugle

Post#52 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 pm

I would like to be able to do the entire thing in 90 mins, 120 mins max. Provided smooth run ofc.
inactive

Aurandilaz

Post#53 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:31 pm

I'd say just decrease PQ mob count by 20-50%. It isn't challenging, it isn't "rewarding", it is just pure grinding of trash mobs to get to the final stages and the final instanced bosses. Pew pew pew mobs there, pew pew pew mobs around the corner, grind them for 5-15 mins and then do the boss fight, move on then to next mob grind PQ...
Gunbad is supposed to be the first of many dungeons players are to visit and enjoy, it shouldn't be a 3-5 hour long session of getting to smash mobs so you can try and check if your party is capable of beating the final bosses, then maybe get wards, and then maybe advance in future to the next more challenging city dungeons.

Spending 1-2 hour added together on all the bosses is fine, but spending 1-2 hour just to grind mobs so you get to the bosses.... blergh... not really the highlight of endgame pve.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#54 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Ugle wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 pm I would like to be able to do the entire thing in 90 mins, 120 mins max. Provided smooth run ofc.

Gunbad = 13 bosses and 9 pq

Considering a boss fight is around 10 min and a pq stage 5/6 min

130 min for bosses and 50 min for pq stage .its impossible to build a big dungeon like gunbad to 90/120 min entire

Hargrim
Developer

Post#55 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Ugle wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 pm I would like to be able to do the entire thing in 90 mins, 120 mins max. Provided smooth run ofc.

And how long does it take for you to finish Gunbad nowdays?

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#56 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:31 pm I'd say just decrease PQ mob count by 20-50%. It isn't challenging, it isn't "rewarding", it is just pure grinding of trash mobs to get to the final stages and the final instanced bosses. Pew pew pew mobs there, pew pew pew mobs around the corner, grind them for 5-15 mins and then do the boss fight, move on then to next mob grind PQ...
Gunbad is supposed to be the first of many dungeons players are to visit and enjoy, it shouldn't be a 3-5 hour long session of getting to smash mobs so you can try and check if your party is capable of beating the final bosses, then maybe get wards, and then maybe advance in future to the next more challenging city dungeons.

Spending 1-2 hour added together on all the bosses is fine, but spending 1-2 hour just to grind mobs so you get to the bosses.... blergh... not really the highlight of endgame pve.
As I said , i reduced pq mob count for pq recently

bloodi
Suspended

Post#57 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pmHow long would you suggest per wing ? (As I said , objective count and mob difficulty has been adjusted recently)
Its should be 90-120 for the whole dungeon, not 90 minutes per wing as Hargrim said it was your objective, there is nothing engaging about spending 4,5 hours in a dungeon to finish it all, most people playing sessions dont even last half that, how do you expect people to do it often?

I know the lenght has been reduced but thats the issue to begin with, why was so outrageously grindy from the get go? You put a lot of stuff people would want into the dungeon and people just flatout refuses to run it because of how long it took and it still takes.

At some point you need to realize that you are shooting yourself in the foot with all of this, you want people to run the content, then dont make it frustating to do so.
Grunbag wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pmGunbad = 13 bosses and 9 pq

130 min for bosses and 50 min for pq stage .its impossible to build a big dungeon like gunbad to 90/120 min entire
And this is also a reason why, there is no cheat sheet for it, you dont have to make everyh PQ take 6 mins for them to be PQ or for it to be interesting, why is time sinks being considered at all?

Is completely ok to put pqs and bosses that make you do stuff, thats alright but when you put a pq and your first though is "it should take at least 6 mins" then we are in trouble, there should be objectives and how long they take is of course a tool to balance them but its completely alright for a good group to smash a pq in 2 mins if they know how to do it.

Problem is, right now, you cant do that, you need to grind through all of them and most of them is just that, a grind, a time sink required to progress to the next time sink.

Its completely possible to make 13 bosses and 9 pqs dungeon last for 2 hours, if you get yourself off this mentality that every task needs x minutes spent in it to be done or else its not a real "whatever"
Last edited by bloodi on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ugle

Post#58 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pm

And how long does it take for you to finish Gunbad nowdays?
I have never finished gunbad in one run in RoR. For various reasons. Main one being not having 6 hours in the evening to spend on dungeons with a pick up group.
inactive

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#59 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm

bloodi wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:04 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pmHow long would you suggest per wing ? (As I said , objective count and mob difficulty has been adjusted recently)
Its should be 90-120 for the whole dungeon, not 90 minutes per wing as Hargrim said it was your objective, there is nothing engaging about spending 4,5 hours in a dungeon to finish it all, most people playing sessions dont even last half that, how do you expect people to do it often?

I know the lenght has been reduced but thats the issue to begin with, why was so outrageously grindy from the get go? You put a lot of stuff people would want into the dungeon and people just flatout refuses to run it because of how long it took and it still takes.

At some point you need to realize that you are shooting yourself in the foot with all of this, you want people to run the content, then dont make it frustating to do so.
Grunbag wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pmGunbad = 13 bosses and 9 pq

And this is also a reason why, there is no cheat sheet for it, you dont have to make everyh PQ take 6 mins for them to be PQ or for it to be interesting, why is time sinks being considered at all?

Is completely ok to put pqs and bosses that make you do stuff, thats alright but when you put a pq and your first though is "it should take at least 6 mins" then we are in trouble, there should be objectives and how long they take is of course a tool to balance them but its completely alright for a good group to smash a pq in 2 mins if they know how to do it.

Problem is, right now, you cant do that, you need to grind through all of them and most of them is just that, a grind, a time sink required to progress to the next time sink.

Its completely possible to make 13 bosses and 9 pqs dungeon last for 2 hours, if you get yourself off this mentality that every task needs x minutes spent in it to be done or else its not a real "whatever"
It’s average time, it’s not the time they all have to take , each pq should be at the same difficulty level , or you would make one wing easier than the other ? You need a base to work on you can’t just make trash takes 1 min per pq because ... ?

3 hours for a whole dungeons is not that long , or with your « entire timer «  average boss time and pq should be :

5 min per boss X 13 bosses = 65 min
3 min per pq stage X 9 pq stage = 27 min

« Its completely possible to make 13 bosses and 9 pqs dungeon last for 2 hours, if you get yourself off this mentality that every task needs x minutes spent in it to be done or else its not a real "whatever"« 

Tell me how you make a boss challenging and hard with fun mechanics in 5 min ?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#60 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Ugle wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 pm I have never finished gunbad in one run in RoR. For various reasons. Main one being not having 6 hours in the evening to spend on dungeons with a pick up group.

Well, I think running 1 wing per day is doable. People are able to play through whole 3h+ RvR session without much complaining, this is half that.