Recent Topics

Ads

When does T4 get fun?

Let's talk about... everything else
WorstNovak
Banned

When does T4 get fun?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:51 am

Pretty much title. I loved my BW in T1 and midtier. Had a fun time leveling and slowly building power throughout the tier. Not really having the same experience in T4. Am I going to have to grind out full conq's before this gets fun again?

Ads
dansari

Re: When does T4 get fun?

Post#2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 am

On a BW? No. Depending on your level.. Fuel to the Fire, Burn Through, and Nova are your friend while small scale. Go for AOE if you're in a warband (fireball barrage instead of fuel to the fire).
<Salt Factory>

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 am

By the time you reach T4 you're supposed to be so full of salt that "Fun" is no longer a concept that resonates with you. Judging by this post and lack of followup information on your current gear, you're very nearly there. Just keep pushing a little further.

Things to do when you hit T4, more or less in order. All can be supplemented with Scens/RvR as you like.

- Collect Ruin set from PQ's
- Collect Epic Weapons from quests
- Grind a few chapter Influence bars for jewelry/back/belt pieces
- Hunt a few lair bosses for jewelry/back/belt pieces
- Hit Rank 40 by this point
- Collect Beastlord set from quests
- Run through Gunbad a couple times for set pieces/weapons/jewels

Maybe some other stuff I've missed, but that will put you on the path. If you're R32 and not having fun because the power curve dips right there, do other stuff. Or don't, you're free to pleb it up in scenarios or leech in RvR as well, but you're in a new tier. Not strong right off the bat.

If you're already rocking full Anni gear and a bunch of those steps are complete, but you're not satisfied with your class at R40, well the difference between Anni and Conq isn't that massive.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

DokB

Post#4 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:16 am

Unless you are very under geared, low rr and/or running solo, BW should be tonnes of fun.
You are a pug farming machine.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Darrell

Post#5 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:26 am

I guess the answer depends on what you find fun. I haven't played any casters, and only played a Squig Herder to Rank 16, so I don't know what ranged classes go through. I'm someone who has fun being in the melee, doing damage and killing people. That's what I find fun, so that's the perspective from which I'll be answering your question. I have a 40/45 Black Orc, a 40/42 Marauder, a 40/42 Witch Elf and then some other careers I play sometimes. Mostly, I've been spending time on my Black Orc.

The honest answer is, I don't know when it gets fun. I came back to RoR in October of 2017 after being gone for a couple of years and the fun hasn't kicked in yet.

I play mostly solo because I'm on at off hours in NA. In open RvR in a pug warband, you're just one drop in a bucket throwing itself around the map. Usually the fights are pretty one-sided one way or the other; either you've got twice their numbers, or they have twice yours. I play about four hours a night, and my general Open RvR experience has been either running away from a larger group or watching 24 people run down one poor bastard who took a wrong turn. In exchange, I get an average of about 2 Conq Medallions an hour spent in RvR. After playing since October, my BO just yesterday got to equip his third piece of Conq. Two of which came in gold bags, both of those I got before the loot bag changes recently.

Scenarios, for me, are awful. They might be better on Order side, but my scenario runs are just back-to-back defeats of 500-60 or 500-10 or similar. Conq Emblems come 1 per scenario usually, sometimes none. Since October, I've gotten my Dominator belt and that's it. Which is unfortunate, because when I made my Black Orc I wanted to play him as an offensive tank. But that requires Dominator gear. So, I've just been sort of chugging through as a really defensive tank praying that one day I can actually play the career I thought I was going to play when I started.

The PvE might be fun, I'm not sure. I haven't done any beyond what I had to do in order to get Ruin and Beastlord, as well as grinding between scenario queues.

If you can, I recommend finding a guild or some folks to play with on the regular. It will make your life so, so much easier and more enjoyable if you have regular tanks to guard you, or healers to keep you alive, or other dps to assist off of. They can give you tips as you play and you can banter back and forth, and that goes a long way to making the game more fun. Plus, I've heard groups can earn -so- much more rewards in terms of medallions/emblems than solo can.

Beyond that, I don't know. Maybe when you get full Conq and have purple talis in all your slots and have a steady supply of pots (or gold to keep you in pots), then maybe it's fun. I haven't gotten there yet. Up until now, it's mostly just been periods of agonizing beatings with an occasional glimpse of a drawing of a picture someone took of some fun they had once.

You could also try some other careers and see if anything grabs you. Tanks, melee, healer, physical ranged dps. You might find those to be more fun for you, depending on what you're doing during your game time.

I hope you find some enjoyment in the game. It really is a great game to play, and when it's good it's fantastic. But, especially if you're "starting out" like I am, it's going to be at least 4+ months of getting your groin kicked by a train of mules.

Shooshpanzerer

Post#6 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:30 am

Well, it really depends on what is fun for you. But in general when you're 40 with at least ruin/ epics /tok jewelry and have a good guild.

witchdoctor

Post#7 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 am

Shooshpanzerer wrote:Well, it really depends on what is fun for you.
^^that's totally right. If you like grinding PQ's and BL and Gunbad thats a good way...

MY way by example is soloing arround using -75% EXP scroll since lvl 22 as i got my 50% crit damage tactic... meanwhile i am lvl 30/47... I need 15 more conq medalls to grind myself up to lvl 40. then i run 2 conq, 2 anni, 2 Ruin.
As a bonus for playing RvR all day long i have t4 influeces full (expect elf 2/3) which brings me a nice cloak and jewelry. 8-)

It took a while, but i always had a lot of fun

Big problem for most is: Loosing bolster and wear bad gear^^ :mrgreen:

Nabaro

Post#8 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 am

As already said. You need to get a ruin + Beastlord + epic weapon and adequate bijouterie of your level for the start. And avoid solo battles. And over time, collect better rvr/sc weapons/armor/jewelry.

I just started playing my old WH like this, and quite enjoy. Well, except when I am destroyed by players in the top sets. But it's not scary, often I make mistakes myself.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am

The gear range isnt as crippling as live. Rvr is a bit too zergy but I love sc's win or lose.

On my old slayer I hated rvr but loved sc's. Find your sweetspot and roll with it.

I met a bloke doing PQ's who's rank 40 and claimed a renown of 15, apparently he just plays for the pve and it works for him.
Alea iacta est

Wam

Post#10 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 pm

its a mmo...

Joining a guild makes the game alot more fun, was same on live...

You just need to find right guild that clicks with your playtime/style/mentality to get thje most out of the game in my humble opinion :)

I know if guild's like the Dawi & CNTK didn't exist this game would be alot less fun...

as for T4 it can be as fun as you make it... depends on your style and setup / tactics ...

its less fun when enemy have aao and lack of action or if server is having a stroke from clusterbang at keeps sometimes

If you want to still be guildless lone wolf in mmo... and randomly join puggies then I would recommend joining King Ocara for Destro and Kriser for Order...
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]