[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Re: Racial imbalance

Post#22 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:49 am

Sulorie wrote:
Mystry wrote:
Akilinus wrote: Sounds like a pug problem make a group and farm the destro that 20% aao will only make the reward better for your group
You mean getting basically zero actual XP or renown because you aren't capping any objectives or keeps, and the moment you run into the destro zerg or another destro 6 man you will be completely annihilated. 20% of zero is still zero.
You don't have to cap objectives and take keeps to get xp/rr. Build a group and make kills.
Ofc you need some experience with the game to be able to play as underdog. It is a matter of how well you play.
If you keep blaming the bigger numbers of your enemy I can tell you one thing, you will never succeed.
Order already doesn't succeed. Being outnumbered is a humongous disadvantage even when gear is on par between the two factions, and lets be real here, gear is rarely on par. Destro has, on average, far better gear than Order, mostly because of their easier access to gold farming. Additionally, the guy saying 'group up 2/2/2/2', that's nice in theory, but in reality you will spend hours trying to find even a single actual tank on Order, so that very rarely happens. I also find it funny how the only people denying the fact that Order is at a massive disadvantage are people with signatures of their DESTRO character names.

Not that any of this bitching will change anything. Maybe when client patcher is released and the devs are able to manipulate faction numbers directly.

rmpl

Post#23 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:04 am

Mystry wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
Mystry wrote: You mean getting basically zero actual XP or renown because you aren't capping any objectives or keeps, and the moment you run into the destro zerg or another destro 6 man you will be completely annihilated. 20% of zero is still zero.
You don't have to cap objectives and take keeps to get xp/rr. Build a group and make kills.
Ofc you need some experience with the game to be able to play as underdog. It is a matter of how well you play.
If you keep blaming the bigger numbers of your enemy I can tell you one thing, you will never succeed.
Order already doesn't succeed. Being outnumbered is a humongous disadvantage even when gear is on par between the two factions, and lets be real here, gear is rarely on par. Destro has, on average, far better gear than Order, mostly because of their easier access to gold farming. Additionally, the guy saying 'group up 2/2/2/2', that's nice in theory, but in reality you will spend hours trying to find even a single actual tank on Order, so that very rarely happens. I also find it funny how the only people denying the fact that Order is at a massive disadvantage are people with signatures of their DESTRO character names.

Not that any of this bitching will change anything. Maybe when client patcher is released and the devs are able to manipulate faction numbers directly.
In what guild are you?

Scrilian

Post#24 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:11 am

I didn't catch yours as well, but I don't know how that's relevant.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

szejoza

Post#25 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:24 am

Lacking tanks? Roll one
Lacking healers? Roll one
Before whining check what exactly did you do for your realm. Probably Rolled another RDPS or MDPS which melt without support :D

Big AAO - roam to the hell of it. Can't beat 6-man? Do a 12-man and get guaranteed kills, where each kill is worth a tons of renown.
Or if you are sociopath go for oil in keep, few days ago when Order had 280% AAO and nobody bothered to go to keep I managed to get 20k+ renown with using one oil, the same amount I'd get after few hours of playing in zerg warband getting this 'fat' 1-4 renown per kill

I don't see why devs should be bothered with population numbers, it's clearly a playerbase issue. As long as both sides are balanced in terms of skills/tactics/morales things will balance itself. Any direct control of numbers will have huge negative impact on the server community
Spoiler:

Nekkma

Post#26 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:25 am

Mystry wrote: Order already doesn't succeed. Being outnumbered is a humongous disadvantage even when gear is on par between the two factions, and lets be real here, gear is rarely on par. Destro has, on average, far better gear than Order, mostly because of their easier access to gold farming.
How do "easier gold farming" lead to better gear?
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#27 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:31 am

Seems to me that you are not in the right guild, be part of a dedicate RvR Clan makes much better da War experience. Also you may be playing on time zones where one faction has the advantage in number, you can find a anoda play time to get in War you will find dat it's quite different each 4 hours or so. And the last I have to say to someone dat has a faction inbalance problem, be an Open Warband leader and make your faction win.
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

rmpl

Post#28 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 am

Scrilian wrote:I didn't catch yours as well, but I don't know how that's relevant.
It's very relevant because the best way of combating population imbalance is grouping in guilds. Destro might have a lot of people but most of them are pugs, we don't really have many rvr guilds other than tup and the Russians.

remember that a proper guild warband is worth 2-3 pug ones

Ads
Nekkma

Post#29 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:44 am

It also comes down to how you define "succeed" or "winning". This morning I played 1hour on destro. We locked TM, barely got any kills, 1 scenario pop, overall pretty terrible. Logged order instead, instant scenario pops, 200-400 AAO in KV, not that many kills but the ones we got were 600ish-1500ish renown each. Reward-wise, as well as having fun, I felt more like a winner in KV than in TM.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Athergic

Post#30 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:06 am

Scrilian wrote:
dansari wrote: Slayer > Choppa
SW > SH
Knight > Chosen
This is debatable, at best.
Spoiler:
Chosen is nearly guard damage immune compared to KotBS and his mediocre 5% all-crit+15% inc healing, without baseline wounds debuff outside of gimp 2hander and no -25% inc healing aura. And don't forget 200 morale on block.
SH has none of the restrictions of SW stances yet all the benefits, plus Covenant of Celerity procing ranged pet that can actually soft-guard SH with a tactic, selfpump himself to a M2 huge slow and be roughly twice as mobile as SW on top of Bad Gas(non-gimped version of Shatter Limbs) - more than enough to be better than 7% crit provided by SW.
Slayer, yea, comes out ahead of choppa due to Rampage+ID, but I'd say not too much due to latter having about 2k more HP and 25% more crit damage and current gear levels being far away from wounds cap.
BW>Sorc without a doubt currently, but that makes up for Marauder/ZDPS Zealot being completely viable and very strong unlike WL/RP amd don't get me started on the ease of use of pumping stuff >_<
Do you play shadow warrior or squig herder? None of the restrictions and all the benefits? pet dies, no benefits. If you want to reliably keep the same pet/buff up you need a tactic or black magick. Solid positioning and range can alleviate this I think, depending on which squig is used. Also massive 10 percent parry in assault, with ability to shoot people to death and tank physical dps at the same time unngghhhh I want, but shadowstrike the Shadow warrior is permanently benched at lvl 11 or something.

The soft gaurd is cool, except it comes at the price of your pets life most of the time, If it's not in range it doesn't do anything, if it is in range it does take a lot of effin damage usually very fast, sometimes from multiple sources not just the gaurd damage. Like getting aoe crit for 1k near your pet, your pet takes that damage then 25 percent chance to take half of it from you. I have had brightwizards one shot my pet via me lol, not like I would survive much longer at that point though.

So you usually need to run I got lots and er'e squiggy together if you want to use it, and then you still lose your pet to burst damage, and gain a cast time and probable death in the process.

I just play melee squig herder this is from that view, I have experience with most of the abilities and tactics. I feel like ranged shadow warrior is powerful but so is ranged squig.

Also how often are you affected by bad gas in rvr or sc? there is probably 10 stabbin squig herders on the server, and I'm rounding up, I can think of 4 right now including myself. I'm usually on in the dead of the European night though :D
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708