Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Comps

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Scenario Comps

Post#1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:12 pm

I know that scenario used to do something like match up similar comps. It was supposed to have bad wait times so I understand why its not like that anymore.

Having said that it would be nice if they had a max number of healers or something. I am not sure what the number would be but too many healers makes a scenario stupid one way or the other.

Maybe one side has so many no one on their team ever dies and the other side gets camped. Or maybe one side has so many they have no damage cant kill anything and they get rolled. Or maybe both sides have to many no one ever dies and you spend the full timer withour much happening.

I am not saying its impossible to have a good match with one or both sides having a bunch of healers, but I think its the rare exception.

If scenarios arent a real focus and no energy is going to be spend on making them better, thats fine. But it seems like a healer cap might be something to look into if you did want to make them better.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Scenario Comps

Post#2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:16 pm

if people made their own groups, this issue would never exist anymore. crazy huh

adamthelc

Post#3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:18 pm

How do you make your own groups in a pug scenario?

I wasnt just talking about pug scenarios, but I think its a little ridiculous to make an argumenr for everyone to be in premades with a system that allows you to queur solo.

Even if you form a good group you have no guarantee anyone else will. Do you want to roll a side with no dps with your premade? Is that fun for anyone?

I am just talking about extreme cases. Anything over 2.5 per group. Even 3 per group I would be ok with.

The only reason I brought it up is because I get an alarming number of matches with like 6 or 7 healers in a 12 man. Seems a bit much.

If scenarios are only meant to be enjoyed with 2 premades fighting each other then I have no argument. But them why let people queue solo?

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 pm

that was a ror addition.

the thing is, you are complaining about there being no healers in your pug scenarios, but pug scenarios are always going to be a random mish-mash in a lightly populated game, such as ror. you can remedy that by making a group, and then queuing for scenarios. problem solved.

Snagnat

Post#5 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm

In a perfect world, there would only be group queues. 5 players minimum for a group.

dansari

Post#6 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Snagnat wrote:In a perfect world, there would only be group queues. 5 players minimum for a group.
Meh.. there is a large portion of the playerbase that likes soloing. I like soloing if no one I know is on.. and how would you fill mid tier scenarios? I think the system is fine, outside of giving more incentive for 6v6 scenarios.
<Salt Factory>

DokB

Post#7 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:42 pm

I think people expect too much from the pug scenario tbh. It’s like a mystery box except the inner lining is covered with sharp needles and broken glass smeared with poop.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

adamthelc

Post#8 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:35 am

peterthepan3 wrote:that was a ror addition.

the thing is, you are complaining about there being no healers in your pug scenarios, but pug scenarios are always going to be a random mish-mash in a lightly populated game, such as ror. you can remedy that by making a group, and then queuing for scenarios. problem solved.

Im not really complaining and if I was its not about not having any healers. I am not really asking for change just an idea I wanted to start a discussion on.

Again the idea was a cap on healers. I dont really like playing a healer and having 5 other healers. Either no one dies and its too easy or you have no dps vs a good group and you get rolled.

I am not advocating things need to be equal, I actually find that notion to be boring.

There is no way to make every match competitve. But I do think you could hedge some of the more absurd compositions. AND I also acknowledge that the population size is a very limiting factor.

A team with 6 healers should be fine with 4.

On a side note if you actually want a competitive fight you should form a good 6 man get in touch with an opposing 6 man and meet them in the lakes. Scenarios arent the place for that.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:43 am

There is some basic archetype balancing in place. During lower scen populations, you get what you get. There isn't enough people in queue to balance any better without drastically increasing wait times. We've tried that before. It was awful.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Snagnat

Post#10 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:39 am

dansari wrote:
Snagnat wrote:In a perfect world, there would only be group queues. 5 players minimum for a group.
Meh.. there is a large portion of the playerbase that likes soloing. I like soloing if no one I know is on.. and how would you fill mid tier scenarios? I think the system is fine, outside of giving more incentive for 6v6 scenarios.
Yeah I know. I used to enjoy sometimes to run solo too. I've just got demoralized. In one pug I asked the AM to give the group a resist buff. Didn't get that. Instead I got the reply "I'm dps you retard".