Recent Topics

Ads

Not healing is the same as not DPSing

Let's talk about... everything else
neupWAR

Re: Not healing is the same as not DPSing

Post#21 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:20 am

OP likes to call out healers in scenarios when he dies. He was calling out lowbie healers in T1 and then ragequit because people told him to calm down.

The Asshat addon works well for... well asshats :)

Ads
adamthelc

Post#22 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:27 am

Problem is what you described isnt "not healing", its what you percieved to be bad healing. So the comparison would be someone doing bad dps, which happens all the time.

Healers cant control who you damage, so you sound entitled when you want someone to be punished because they werent healing who you wanted them to.

I have no problem with you telling a healer what you think of them, but the reaction you get from that is pretty standard. Dont be surprised and definitely dont think that you have the right to somehow call for them to be penalized. Accept the consequences like an adult.

As long as the healer is healing someone, they did nothing wrong. They MIGHT be bad, but they did nothing wrong.

adamthelc

Post#23 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:34 am

The correct time to call out a healer is when blaming someone else means more to you than getting healed the rest of the scenario.

Sounds like you may have done it early.

Valfaros

Post#24 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:09 am

shoxation wrote: Again, I'm not saying I get mad coz I die even if I have healers or something, I can accept defeat, notice I said we won the match too... his attitude to decide to take it personally is what should validate his ban. I said he only used his aoe on everyone (it's not like he can force me to not get it so I get it anyway), but if you played healer u'd know that it heals next to nothing and it can even be bypassed by tanks damage.
Don't know about your heal classes if you have one... but group heals on my zealot are at about 1.5-2.5k. If the whole group is taking dmg this thing is still the way to go atleast as long as you don't have a wp or dok group healer around. What you want and others already pointed out is your own pocket heal. Learn to position yourself correctly as a rdd and you won't need that. Normally a hot is enough for a good positioned bw.

shoxation wrote: It would be so easy to reply to, here's what I'd say : "I'll mute whoever spoke to me in a way I didn't like, but I'll still continue playing the game, and not compromise it for everyone else by trying to ruin HIS game when HE's still doing his job. Muting doesn't hurt, to stop playing ruins the fun for everyone."
Well if he healed the others and left you out he only ruined the fun for you which was exaclty the point. You might want to listen to yourself and not ruin the fun of others by flaming them and shaming them on the forums.

Telen
Suspended

Post#25 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 am

having some regen pots can be really helpful when healers are pressured as a bw. So you dont need to keep dropping mechanic.

dansari

Post#26 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:15 am

You also have to play smart. Plenty of times I've seen rdps get caught by DPS doks who had no business catching them out, or Slayers just pushing in with no regard for the fight. Healers can heal well if given the chance, but the rest of the team has to play smart and defensively when necessary.
<Salt Factory>

anarchypark

Post#27 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:51 am

no doubt that healer was playing bad.
but bad playing is punishment by itself.
you can't punish them further.

It's near impossible to control priority of others mind.
throwing advice is best you can do.
and 'plz' is much better than 'do this you ****'
everyone can say 'I know what i'm doing.'
It's moot.

enjoy the game. if some actions are annoying just pretend it's not your business.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#28 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:54 am

Ive seen alot of these "behaviour" and its frustrating indeed but its very common, especially if u pugging wb and or sc. Its clearly more common since they merge t2,t3 and t4 (for RvR) together but thats another story...

Best advice: Deal with it and move along!
]

Ads
Draugris

Post#29 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:25 am

@OP obviously a bad healer and to make it worse somebody with a certain attitude. Problem is, calling these people out does not help, it is what it is. They won´t change. If I look at the scenarios, is see a lot of players of all archetypes who don´t understand that this is a team based game and that playing selfishly gimps everybody.

This starts with the type of healers you described, goes to tanks who even with 30+ do not seem to know where the guard button is, and I am not even talking about guard switch, and it ends with DPS who are instead of doing something useful, looking for some glorious 1v1 moments at the other end of the map.

Should this be bannable, well if it were then a hell lot of players would not be here anymore.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Zaxxond

Post#30 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 am

dansari wrote:You also have to play smart. Plenty of times I've seen rdps get caught by DPS doks who had no business catching them out, or Slayers just pushing in with no regard for the fight. Healers can heal well if given the chance, but the rest of the team has to play smart and defensively when necessary.
Is this code for when Divy get's up in dat azzz?