Recent Topics

Ads

sc pug is it a trap for noob player ?

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: sc pug is it a trap for noob player ?

Post#51 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:57 pm

hogun wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
why should players be forced to wait for longer pops when they can queue for the pug SC as a duo and get more emblems with less risk? 8-) and let's not pretend that this game requires people to be 'so good'.
because its a game and be fair play its cool , or respect casual its honorable... or you want to be better and you recherche challenge ...
respect works both way, buddy, and I'm yet to see anything other than the demonising of/attributing everything bad in the world to premades. 8-)

Ads
altharion1
Banned

Post#52 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:01 pm

The game requires zero skill to obtain character progression. No matter how bad you are, you'll still get the gear in the end. Thus there is little incentive for anyone to improve

The pug SC should reward 1 emblem for a win, and 1 emblem for a loss to put people off playing the game to the lowest possible bottom feeder level. That SC is cancer. Giving players emblems to participate in it is no different to paying two poor homeless dudes to fight for your amusement.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

bloodi
Suspended

Post#53 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:06 pm

altharion1 wrote: That SC is cancer. Giving players emblems to participate in it is no different to paying two poor homeless dudes to fight for your amusement.
I didnt know i could watch pug scs as a viewer just like you can watch homeless people fight.

Is there a link to a stream about it? Can we put bets on it somehow ala Saltybet?? Are you really this dumb? Do we have a policing organization full of corruption like Fifa in charge of it?

Your post raises up so many questions.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#54 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:15 pm

calm down all please. :(

Nobody will die IRL so nothing very important. No need to be edgy.

Here is the problem :

solo tag : solo SC : Ok good. Any single player not in a group can tag it, which means, me, you, all my guildies, my alies with or without any bad intention. Result : exactly the same. We know how to play each other, we are mostly in vocal and well pug is not pug anymore. And complaints start again.

duo tag : same as above. I don't think it makes a big difference.

2+ > premade : Premade means from the same guild/ally? For exemple in my small guild we are far to be a premade but when we tag for a sc ( atleast 3) we are always crossing MUCH better composition / more organised / whatever you want than we are. So? what are we supposed to do? Are we Premade cause we are buddies playing together? Are we pugs in premade sc? Can u define? Any solution ? no more Sc for us? Too good for pug and too bad for real premade?

I don't intend to defend any option cause this is tricky. If we make a unique SC for each kind of configuration (no guild, solos, 2 , 3 4 5 real premades, healers only, without healers only....) Do you really think sc will continu to pop so often? (and whos gonna cry after sc gear? tell me?)

I pointed we have no good solutions atm. All i know and i insist is that situtation isn't unilateral. Sometime you can accidentaly (or not) find a better team/premade agaisnt you, sometime, you will have a better team WITH you.

Darosh
Banned

Post#55 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:15 pm

bloodi wrote: Saltybet
Saltybet™
Does it come with its own crypto-currency?

Good thing I changed my signature to include the gif, saves me so much time.

Telen
Suspended

Post#56 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:20 pm

altharion1 wrote:The game requires zero skill to obtain character progression. No matter how bad you are, you'll still get the gear in the end. Thus there is little incentive for anyone to improve

The pug SC should reward 1 emblem for a win, and 1 emblem for a loss to put people off playing the game to the lowest possible bottom feeder level. That SC is cancer. Giving players emblems to participate in it is no different to paying two poor homeless dudes to fight for your amusement.
You'll just enforce players to have to play cookie cutter specs and fotm classes. Unless you want to disassemble the client so the game can be properly balanced. One of the improvement in ror is you see more altspecs instead of slay wp kotbs everywhere on live. Thats due to the pug sc.
Last edited by Telen on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

altharion1
Banned

Post#57 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:20 pm

bloodi wrote:
altharion1 wrote: That SC is cancer. Giving players emblems to participate in it is no different to paying two poor homeless dudes to fight for your amusement.
I didnt know i could watch pug scs as a viewer just like you can watch homeless people fight.

Is there a link to a stream about it? Can we put bets on it somehow ala Saltybet?? Are you really this dumb? Do we have a policing organization full of corruption like Fifa in charge of it?

You pay the homeless man $3.50 to fight another homeless guy. The winner takes his $3.50, and eventually he has enough to buy his hit of crack. He takes his hit, he feels good. But then he has no money again. He comes back to you and wants to fight for another $3.50. He will never escape this cycle. He'll never have a car, a house or nice things, he is eternally doomed to fight for his $3.50 to fund his crack addiction.

Similarly, the pug is eternally stuck in the cycle of throwing himself at the pug SC. It only worsens his lot. The gear he obtains is only a temporary bliss, until he must, once again, throw his delicate body to the digusting torment that is the pug SC. And worst thing of all is that he has no idea of the long term health impacts of this cycle, the long term respiratory issues, back pain and liver disease.

The moral of the story is to never give someone $3.50.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Telen
Suspended

Post#58 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Spoiler:
altharion1 wrote:
bloodi wrote:

You pay the homeless man $3.50 to fight another homeless guy. The winner takes his $3.50, and eventually he has enough to buy his hit of crack. He takes his hit, he feels good. But then he has no money again. He comes back to you and wants to fight for another $3.50. He will never escape this cycle. He'll never have a car, a house or nice things, he is eternally doomed to fight for his $3.50 to fund his crack addiction.

Similarly, the pug is eternally stuck in the cycle of throwing himself at the pug SC. It only worsens his lot. The gear he obtains is only a temporary bliss, until he must, once again, throw his delicate body to the digusting torment that is the pug SC. And worst thing of all is that he has no idea of the long term health impacts of this cycle, the long term respiratory issues, back pain and liver disease.

The moral of the story is to never give someone $3.50.
Taking your weird example. Not all specs are created equally. Just as we arent all born into the poverty that commonly leads to homelessness. I think of the pug sc as more like a charity. Helping those that dont have fotm class, bis gear, gaming setups, nb knowledge nad particularly, a busy life.

Ads
gebajger

Post#59 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:by all means, Hogun: play how you want. just don't come to the forums and complain when competent players manhandle you for doing just that.
By competent you mean a number of people speaking the same language being in vent (discord, etc)?
90% of these premades do 1 thing: chain cc 1 guy and kill them while they're disabled, move on to the next target, often using nerfedbuttons, to make things even easier.....competence has nothing to do with it.
Rioz

bloodi
Suspended

Post#60 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 pm

altharion1 wrote:
But i am paying one guy 3.50 and the other is getting 21, thats how the sc works, the winner gets 6 times the prize of the loser if its a total stomp. More if he gives a fight.

Plus it doesnt vanish into thin air like crack does, it gets saved up till he has the ability to buy his very own crack laboratory.

altharion1 wrote:Similarly, the pug is eternally stuck in the cycle of throwing himself at the pug SC. It only worsens his lot. The gear he obtains is only a temporary bliss, until he must, once again, throw his delicate body to the digusting torment that is the pug SC. And worst thing of all is that he has no idea of the long term health impacts of this cycle, the long term respiratory issues, back pain and liver disease.
Its not temporary, at all, what the hell are you on about, are you sure you are not the one who was hitting the pipe and now you think you are a poet.
altharion1 wrote:The moral of the story is to never give someone $3.50.
The moral is that your analogies suck and you should get better at them, maybe a pug text analysis class should be created for peoople like you.